• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

The Moderators have the final say as to the fate of a thread. The Watchmen can report and throw in their 2 cents before the decision is made.

I don't believe I have claimed any kind of longevity, only that I am not above the fray when it comes to personal attacks, including baiting and teasing if that is what you are implying.

I'll speak for myself. I don't like getting into the personal jabs, I'd rather stick to the topic and attempt that to the best of my ability.

We don't have free reign nor see private messages to mods, only the reports.

Well pardon me for being upset if you get a thread deleted from a personal attack....   LoL

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

The best way to prevent a thread being deleted is to refrain from personal attacks...period.

Amen!   Let's be respectful to each other, speak the truth in love.

17 hours ago, Debp said:

Just a suggestion for all of us, myself included.    I see another good thread has been deleted....the Sharing Christ with Muslims at Christmas.   Let's all try to stay on the topic of the threads and be respectful to each other so they won't be deleted in the future.   

I know everyone put alot of work into following the topic and answering.   I was sorry to see it deleted when I checked in now.

We won't have too many interesting threads if they keep getting deleted! :heart:

Just a reminder...my topic is about how we as members can prevent deleted threads.   I was not attacking the moderators.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, other one said:

if a thread reaches it's ending usefulness, it should just be closed and not deleted...   I have no problem with that at all...   as a matter of fact if many of the deleted threads had been closed earlier, all our work would be reserved for people stopping by to read...       when we post here there are a lot of people who read and never really join in...   some reach posts on threads from google searches....

Some topics are just locked if they get to their end but when threads are becoming just arguing forth and back, they sometimes get deleted but at other times the mods clean them up and leave them up, don't forget everybody in the ministry  volunteers  and not everybody has much time to be here all the time to read every post. Everybody is volunteering in their free time.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Debp said:

Amen!   Let's be respectful to each other, speak the truth in love.

Just a reminder...my topic is about how we as members can prevent deleted threads.   I was not attacking the moderators.

Oh Oh! Watch and see how the thread on deleted threads gets deleted!!!! :emot-LOL:

Cheers!!! :)

• Haha 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

32 minutes ago, RockyMidnight said:

Oh Oh! Watch and see how the thread on deleted threads gets deleted!!!! :emot-LOL:

Not impossible!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Joh 13:34-35  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  (35)  By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

People contemplating those two verses every single time they are about to click the "submit" button on a post would probably eliminate 70 or 80 percent of deleted threads.

. . . and Col 4:6:

Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Pure Waters said:

Why cant people have a discussion with someone and refrain from personal attacks?

Because people are human and still prone to the flesh nature, the natural man (or woman). 

• Thumbs Up 1