• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, I would not call it arbitrary, but yeah, a persons hard work can be lost in the process. If you want to keep something, save it somewhere other than in the thread, to be safe. 

None of us have any right to have our work seen here, we are here as guests, on a private site, by revocable permission, and we even released what we write, into the public domain, when we joined up (re: Terms of Service).

There are problems with a lot of things on this site, and how we deal with problems are by necessity, changed from time to time. We have policies and rules in place, in order to maintain order on the site, trying to have a decent, family friendly environment, and also allowing some freedom of thought and expression. Free speech here is not a right, like some people would like to think.

Sometimes, people understand what we are attempting to do here, but want to do it their way, not wanting to be restricted by the restriction of rules and policies. There are always people who want to play the game of working around the rules, finding loopholes, instead of accepting the spirit of the rules. These letter of the law people are often what drives changes in our policies, and are the root of a lot of the problems that we all have to live with. If everyone here decided to act as a Christian should (the site is not limited to Christians) then I doubt we would even need to have moderators. The reality is though, that no one is totally free from their flesh, and so we all suffer some, because of that.

To be honest, I am even surprised that this thread has gone on as long as it has. We could just sum it up like this:

Play nice, follow the rules and the spirit that they are intended in, and no thread will be deleted, at least I think that is true.

That sentence did not take ten pages to express, but I imagine a lot of the dialogue here, is just venting in frustration.

Agree with your post Omega and I like to add that the rules are also for watchmen and moderators too, they have to show and respect also , they're no more or less than everybody else and together we can make this a nice environment.

We're all sinners saved by sin so nobody boasts in his works or knowledge of the Bible, we have and know nothing without the Holy Spirit who showed us the truth and let us help other people find this truth also.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 

Matt. 516 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

The rules are for everybody,,we have to take every thought before we write comments in the forum under captivity and maybe pray about first before posting it or at least read it over before you click the send button.

2 Corinthians 10:5

5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

@Steve_S  @Omegaman 3.0

One of the things I realize that I probably should have been reporting are potentially libelous things.   I believe we are responsible for the accuracy of what we say about others (whether on this site or elsewhere).  If we pass on information that is incorrect and damaging to someone's reputation, we are potentially going into areas of legal concern as well as damaging our reputation and credibility.   

What guidance do you have to give on such matters?  In particular, posts which link to articles which are potentially libelous or pass on information from such articles as factual?

Thanks.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well I've had my say and that should end it for me.   Love you all [well most anyway].  Don't get ugly from here lol

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

@Steve_S  @Omegaman 3.0

One of the things I realize that I probably should have been reporting are potentially libelous things.   I believe we are responsible for the accuracy of what we say about others (whether on this site or elsewhere).  If we pass on information that is incorrect and damaging to someone's reputation, we are potentially going into areas of legal concern as well as damaging our reputation and credibility.   

What guidance do you have to give on such matters?  In particular, posts which link to articles which are potentially libelous or pass on information from such articles as factual?

Thanks.  

Agree on your observance.

As believers, the Christian must strive for truth at all cost, even if it means disagreeing with his close peers or supporters or those who are like minded in their theology and general way of thinking.  Buy truth and sell it not, also wisdom and instruction and understanding [Proverbs 23:23 ].   Sometimes you would have to pay a cost for doing that, in that you may be seen as going against the tide.

It happens here.  You see a thread chugging along with the back and forth dialogue and suddenly an input from one who supports a regular poster in favor. Nothing itself is wrong with that, but partiality must not be the cause or coming to the defense to support your fellow poster the objective, but relevant truth and honesty must apply.  Too often, it seems to be a team effort to beat down on a poster because his views are different than theirs.   Everyone has a right to his beliefs and while posting here though he has to abide by the rules and statements of belief here.  If those are broken, then yes, reference can be made to show that.

It seems that some has taken it upon themselves to "fix" or rejuvenate worthy to what it use to be in the past years.   Well, in the spiritual realm  there is no such thing as harmony in the open world systems.  The devil is always on the prowl to cause strife and enmity. Only when believers come to really see this as the enemy then he can have dialogue with anyone and be patient and show respect when posting.  Sometimes thought, a plug is needed to fill a hole that may cause foreseen disaster.  

Also, not everyone has the same level of education and as this is writing, some can have misconstrued meanings and react so.  In a verbal interaction, things can be sorted out quickly, but when time has elapsed for thoughts to be inbred, then that could be a good thing and bad especially if a vigorous reply is the objective.   We have to keep in mind this fact or scripture verse at all time and be reminded of it when we post.

So keep this in mind when coming to help your friends or fellow posters that you tend to agree with.  Truth must be the objective and not partiality or vote by association.  We cannot be always right, but we can strive for it and confess when we have fallen short.

Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, A point has been raised a couple of times about "our hard work" being deleted. Another point has been made about speaking with  tough love.

May I risk being really slammed by suggesting that; the sense that a series of posts is "my" own hard work and it is important, may be my own pride and my own puffed up sense of self importance at play? And, that it is"my" own  pride that is being punctured when correction comes or my own "hard work" is no longer in the forefront of conversation?

Plus; I also will risk stating that, more often than I care to ever see it, plain old rudeness is justified as tough love, with the self appointed enforcer of tough love thinking seriously and also claiming to be the agent of the Holy Spirit doing the Lord's work by crushing another Christian .

I suggest it is pride that sees out such opportuity to lift ones self up, and not any calling by the  Holy Spirit to do anything. Instead it is just  the old man's meanness rising up,  the knocking down of someone to try to be above someone else in ones own mind and opinion is all that is served.

All that is not what our Lord tries to teach, as far as I can see.  We are to be lower than our brother and sisters, we are to forgive each other 7X70 times, or infinitely  in reality. Each saint is to let a brother that feels his own diet ( thinking on God's will) is important be allowed his limitation in the lord, even as the freer saint will prefer to eat as he wishes in an unrestricted manner; but  knowing that for the brother's sake the freer will will refrain in their more limited brother's presence so as to not hurt their faith. 

I suspect that; none would speak face to face nor write with personal signature attached in the rash manner that many posts get generated and published.

Perhaps a foot washing ceremony of the mind is in order. Perhaps there is better bond-servant service to our Lord  in being far more tolerant to each other and humble in our own opinion of self importance, than the anonymity of the internet  generally encourages.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Its not the veering off topic thats a problem. It is the attitude behind some folks posts whether its on topic or not. Sometimes I wish folks would read their posts before hitting that submit button. Perhaps then they would see how their words sound to others. I also wish folks would squash their pride. It seems like it is pride that takes over when the insults start to fly. 

This is correct. Very rarely have I ever deleted or locked a thread simply because it went off topic. If a thread on prophecy turned into a thread on fishing, we may act on that. At times we will leave a reminder to stay on topic if it gets ridiculous. But for the very most part most threads stay fairly well near the topic.

The problem with "off topic" threads usually comes because a fairly benign topic, sometimes even just a question someone asks, goes in a direction towards a more controversial topic and then everybody starts arguing. Then what happens is we end up with 2 or 3 or more pages of insults on something only near the original topic and eventually you can't identify what the original topic was at all. An example of this would be theological threads that turn towards eschatology even if the original question wasn't about eschatology. At times you will also see threads on non-political topics in non-political forums turn political. People get heated on these issues quite regularly, particularly political topics. Often times what takes these threads in that direction are actual legitimate correlations and those directions are worthy of being explored, but people get so angry with each other in the discussion that the original topic is unidentifiable due to the insults flying back and forth over the peripheral discussion. This gets threads closed frequently.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, other one said:

Well I've had my say and that should end it for me.   Love you all [well most anyway].  Don't get ugly from here lol

Buffalo loves me   .     You loved too otherone .     I know you did not want to name me in person .   You all are loved . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

23 hours ago, Yowm said:

665 times. Care for one more? lol

Man I pondered on that for a moment , then decided one more and I would be eligible to run as ............over a whole institution .   

But I got to admit  imagine the news press on that one .    oh dear for the first time in history we got a vicar that looks like a combo of mr clean and dirty harry , minus the

guns and harsh language of course .   I would be shot , stabbed or mauled on the first hour .    I can only imagine what it would sound like on the outside

to the onlookers , hearing crash bang , yeah tear that down , OH no ya don't you wont be praying to that no more ,    phew wee.      Maybe I better keep it a 665.

but on that note IF Donald trump ran for president with the claim of no political experience , why cant Rome vote a non catholic  frienduff in as pope .   

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

17 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Sometimes I wish folks would read their posts before hitting that submit button. Perhaps then they would see how their words sound to others. I also wish folks would squash their pride. It seems like it is pride that takes over when the insults start to fly. 

Yes, and perhaps, stop and imagine, that Jesus is alongside, ask Him to proof-read, offer suggestions, and get His approval before hitting the submit button.

If you hit the submit button, and then the software popped up and asked: "Are you sure you want to send this, did you check you pride, was you love on display, would Jesus approve?" Would be interesting to know, if people might then hesitate to send it un-redacted.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yes, and perhaps, stop and imagine, that Jesus is alongside, ask Him to proof-read, offer suggestions, and get His approval before hitting the submit button.

If you hit the submit button, and then the software popped up and asked: "Are you sure you want to send this, did you check you pride, was you love on display, would Jesus approve?" Would be interesting to know, if people might then hesitate to send it un-redacted.

I think you are assuming that everyone here is a nice or even a decent person.....     I'm not sure that is the case... 

edited to add...   well I guess I wasn't through....   maybe now...

Edited by other one