Sign in to follow this  
Neighbor

For the leading

Praising my creator for getting  me focused on an issue I need attend to pronto.

I need a new roof, been delaying as I make grander plans for upgrades all sort of diversions. All the time I need a new roof. I had fixed a leak, we had a great heavy rain yesterday, ah no leak during all the rain. The sun came out and  I heard and saw a steady stream suddenly com ethrough where I had patched.  Could find no source no reason  for it. Well thank you Lord will order a new roof today. Decision made.

Giving thanks in all things big and small, trying to see God's lead and to follow.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

On 9/8/2018 at 10:20 AM, Neighbor said:

Praising my creator for getting  me focused on an issue I need attend to pronto.

I need a new roof, been delaying as I make grander plans for upgrades all sort of diversions. All the time I need a new roof. I had fixed a leak, we had a great heavy rain yesterday, ah no leak during all the rain. The sun came out and  I heard and saw a steady stream suddenly com ethrough where I had patched.  Could find no source no reason  for it. Well thank you Lord will order a new roof today. Decision made.

Giving thanks in all things big and small, trying to see God's lead and to follow.

@Neighbor Just found this. Wondering if your roof ever got fixed.

Especially concerned in light of Hurricane Michael!! Are you okay, my friend? Praying for you, your wife and all those in harm's way. :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/11/2018 at 10:17 AM, turtletwo said:

@Neighbor Just found this. Wondering if your roof ever got fixed.

Especially concerned in light of Hurricane Michael!! Are you okay, my friend? Praying for you, your wife and all those in harm's way. :th_praying:

Yes, I put my big boy pants on so to speak and made a real decision. even picked a color of shingle, an overwhelming task for a procrastinator, HA! It was to be a ten week wait, but they called yesterday and will be here Wednesday almost a month earlier than expected- a good thing.

Hurricane Michael had nearly no effect on us. A little rain then lots of extra sun. Some higher than normal winds for the kite surfers to enjoy here. Had that come in at the Peninsula here you would be reading about thousands dead. So many ride out the threat of the big storms. Onc the storm gets close there is really no way out for all the roads leading off the peninsula go under water and stay that way a while till all the water drains away.

Here it is like playing dodge ball. We can't really just drive North and get away from a storm because most of the storms travel north. We will just be driving into more storm all the way to where? Above Virginia? ??? So some dance left and right  run inland  or back here as reports come in and maybe batten down the hatches so to speak. Last late summer  the big one was coming at us. It wsn't turning. We were going to be hit solid first time  for a solid hit in my lifetime here. We sat and watched the rain, the wind, and noticed hey the water is rippling and waves are going South not  North, that storm is inland of us. Next thing the bay emptied of water, Manatee were stranded on dry land, well land anyway.

We took a lot of local damage, were without power for a week, but we all joined together and had our street cleared of trees and all debris piled up waiting for the city trash trucks. Other neighborhoods waiting around for the city to come do all the work they were messed up for a month  or more.  We ate a lot of cold canned goods for a week. Still not as nasty as getting a hard earthquake- I had enough of those things back when the VA hospital collapsed. And the nSan Francisco wow. no thanks I'll take my chances with the sea.Well  looking at Mexico City perhaps I'll take th elast airplane west who knows life is a risk no matter where one lives it.

The worst day will also be the best!

Thanks for asking! We are good to go-

• Brilliant! 1

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yes, I put my big boy pants on so to speak and made a real decision. even picked a color of shingle, an overwhelming task for a procrastinator, HA!

:rofl:You can be so funny, my friend! I loved the hilarious way you explained it. Thanks for the nice laugh. I was feeling down this morning. But the Lord if faithful. He sent your reply at the perfect time. :teeth_smile: He knows us better than we know ourselves. And just when we need Him, He gives us just what we need...

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hurricane Michael had nearly no effect on us.

Praise the Lord! I am relieved to hear it.

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

life is a risk no matter where one lives it.

This is true. I think of Paul when he said in Philippians 4:11-13

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1

My Texas bride is on her computer even now telling me about a great opportunity at Kentucky at Cumberland Lake. Now that is a new one to me. Kentucky, really? Why not go to Roatan  instead? Oh well the address ???  dear, I'll open a new window and take a look.

I really think I'll be looking till the day I need a congregate living facility, unless I get taken out sudden like. Got to go, seems I am about to be looking  at Kentucky properties. I do like Blue Grass music, who knows. I don't feel the leading yet- Banjos? Someone is playing a banjo?

PS this is a praise too, for  our creator to give us such fun  little diversions is a gift to us too!

Praise God for them all.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this