Scottish Leanne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

As I said in my introductory post in the worthy welcome section, I babysit my little 5yr old sister but I've been getting comments from other kids at her school, and their parents saying I am a bad sister/guardian :(.  The reason these comments get aimed at me is because I always zip her jacket whenever the weather is unpleasant but she always complains at me doing it but I am just doing my duty and keeping her warm and cosy.  I have even told the criticisers that I am being a good sister and looking out for my sister and making sure she is warm but they just shrug shoulders.

So, am I right or are the other kids/parents right? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I am sure she can unzip it if she gets too warm.  Don't worry about what other people think so much.  I would worry more about her losing it.  Write her name on the inside.  My kids lost jackets and even shoes up through their early teens.  

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Willa said:

I am sure she can unzip it if she gets too warm.  Don't worry about what other people think so much.  I would worry more about her losing it.  Write her name on the inside.  My kids lost jackets and even shoes up through their early teens.  

She is very careful with it, it's in her favourite colour so she loves wearing it. She'd be upset if she lost it. 

@Yown, I would normally not be bothered by what others say but it got me thinking if they had a point or not but I would continue zipping the jacket anyway. 

Edited by Scottish Leanne
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Scottish Leanne said:

She is very careful with it, it's in her favourite colour so she loves wearing it. She'd be upset if she lost it. 

@Yown, I would normally not be bothered by what others say but it got me thinking if they had a point or not but I would continue zipping the jacket anyway. 

They have no point at all. "They" wouldn't notice one way or another without someone seeking them out to  complain to any perhaps get sympathy or just attention.

Perhaps a sit down in the family is in order. For having a little one complain outside the family over minor stuff can cause much grief  for the entire family because of the way everyone is so uptight and into everyone elses business today.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

They have no point at all. "They" wouldn't notice one way or another without someone seeking them out to  complain to any perhaps get sympathy or just attention.

Perhaps a sit down in the family is in order. For having a little one complain outside the family over minor stuff can cause much grief  for the entire family because of the way everyone is so uptight and into everyone elses business today.

So, do you agree with me for wanting sister to zip her jacket? 

No I have no opinion on that at all. I'm just suggesting an approach to the issue is all.

1 minute ago, Sojourner414 said:

I see nothing wrong with it; unless her parents have an issue with it, then other folks need to stay out of it.

Our parents back me up on this :). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

15 hours ago, Scottish Leanne said:

As I said in my introductory post in the worthy welcome section, I babysit my little 5yr old sister but I've been getting comments from other kids at her school, and their parents saying I am a bad sister/guardian :(.  The reason these comments get aimed at me is because I always zip her jacket whenever the weather is unpleasant but she always complains at me doing it but I am just doing my duty and keeping her warm and cosy.  I have even told the criticisers that I am being a good sister and looking out for my sister and making sure she is warm but they just shrug shoulders.

So, am I right or are the other kids/parents right? 

You are right in zipping her jacket.   Since it is unpleasant weather she could catch a cold or worse.   She is too young to realize this but I wonder about the people criticizing you for doing something to keep her healthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, it just occurred to me- It's cold somewhere? Wow! It's still in the 90F degrees here.

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2018 at 9:27 AM, Debp said:

You are right in zipping her jacket.   Since it is unpleasant weather she could catch a cold or worse.   She is too young to realize this but I wonder about the people criticizing you for doing something to keep her healthy.

That's my opinion too. 

• Thumbs Up 1