• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have found there exist a great many opinion... but the heart that, as a little child, looks toward God for guidance will find this the everlasting opinion!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, Scottish Leanne said:

So, do you agree with me for wanting sister to zip her jacket? 

might I ask what the temperature there is while she's wearing the coat.....   if it's 95 degrees like it is here some days this time of year, then she probably shouldn't zip it up.

My wife was a kindergarten teacher for 20+ years and kids that age don't have good temperature sensors....   once they get to playing they warm their little bodies up and off comes the coat....   and they really don't sense the cold.   And often kids that age go back into the house and leave the coat wherever they tossed it when they got a bit warm....   

Your situation would depend on what she is doing and the temperature which I haven't seen in the thread.  

As a final thought at her age, she should be able to zip her own coat if she gets cold.....

It might help if we had some idea of where you are and the weather this time of year.

Edited by other one

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hey, it just occurred to me- It's cold somewhere? Wow! It's still in the 90F degrees here.

You must live in texas neighbor .    in 2016   we even had a day or so OF NINETY ,    IN NOVEMBER .   

OH , I must admit its been so nice lately we had some days in the upper seventies ,  I nearly forgot it was west texas .  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You must live in texas neighbor .    in 2016   we even had a day or so OF NINETY ,    IN NOVEMBER .   

OH , I must admit its been so nice lately we had some days in the upper seventies ,  I nearly forgot it was west texas .  

South of Texas in the subtropical suncoast of Florida. I did go get my "catalog" bride from Texas though . She  is my sweet Texas peach- Tries to sell me that Texas is cooler than here. I ask, do you want to return?  She quickly says No! Way too hot there.  we do shop online for a cool place but this time of year, hey we haven't found one. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, other one said:

might I ask what the temperature there is while she's wearing the coat.....   if it's 95 degrees like it is here some days this time of year, then she probably shouldn't zip it up.

My wife was a kindergarten teacher for 20+ years and kids that age don't have good temperature sensors....   once they get to playing they warm their little bodies up and off comes the coat....   and they really don't sense the cold.   And often kids that age go back into the house and leave the coat wherever they tossed it when they got a bit warm....   

Your situation would depend on what she is doing and the temperature which I haven't seen in the thread.  

As a final thought at her age, she should be able to zip her own coat if she gets cold.....

It might help if we had some idea of where you are and the weather this time of year.

Its certainly not that temperature, it is cold enough to need the jacket zipped, especially with the rain we get here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, Scottish Leanne said:

Its certainly not that temperature, it is cold enough to need the jacket zipped, especially with the rain we get here. 

being around that age group through my wife's career with them, it seems to me not to be a big deal one way or another if she can zip her own coat....   if not then be a good teacher and teach her to take care of herself....    if you think it is needed and her parents think it's needed and she doesn't complain I don't see why anyone would even talk about it.....

If she's complaining to others that she would like you to not do that then you need to talk with her and find out why.

Question,   do the other kids wear jackets and are they zipped up or not?   I'm struggling to understand what the others are having a problem with.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

22 minutes ago, Scottish Leanne said:

Leanne, aren't you living in Scotland?   I've been to Edinburgh...got quite windy and cold when I was there in a September.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

One of the funny things from the movie Christmas Story ( 1983) is Ralphie's little brother Randy being all bundled up and zipped up by his mother to the point he can't even bring his arms down to his sides. He falls in the snow and can't flex enough to get back up so he just cries for help at his plight laying in the snow.

I think most everyone can relate to that  kind of thing happening to them when they were young and some well meaning person or family  darn near cooked 'em by forcing on way too much clothing  to be comfortable in.

I used to feel terribly claustrophobic when zipped up in any attire. Couldn't stand it!!!  Never ever buttoned or zipped anything but my pants; wore a white T with sleeves rolled and an open leather jacket and engineer boots all through New England snows with 30 mph winds and frozen sleet hitting in 19 degree weather. Felt nice and warm because I was active. If I bundled up I would get stuffy  wet, couldn't breathe and then would  get really cold from the moisture freezing on me inside my "swaddling" wrap.  Much better to breath and have loose fitting attire.