• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

A sacred place

Your frontal lobe in your brain is where your imagination is, the place where the heavenlies are for you, the place where you run away to Abba Father as a child - a sacred place. When you quite smoking, life feels so much richer, sometimes like when you were a child.

Smoking seals up the frontal lobe of the brain and thus stops the imagination.

Brothers and Sisters, smoking is not a sin but you would be much happier off of them and so Jesus would be happy for you too,

OR (cut down then quit)

Buying a proper (do it right and win) E-cigarette which costs about £100, I can guide you to brands (mods I hope this is ok - I can edit this if you want) if you PM me:

• 5000 unknown chemicals in cigarettes. Only 72 unknown in E-cig fluid. *
  • Any flavour from strawberry to chocolate to jam donut.
  • Cut down nicotine levels over time easily by buying different levels in your liquid.
  • Changeable amount of vapour.
  • They have been out for a while now ("no one knows the long-term effects" is old now) and they are safe e.g. diactol which causes popcorn lung has been removed from the liquids.*

This has got me off fags for two years and I am doing the half-marathon for Tearfund in October therefore I am healthy. I puff on my E-cig like a chimney with 6mg nicotine in my fluids.

Print this stronghold buster out and use once a day for two months. Just read it parrot fashion for this time - don't struggle through it but do  it:

In Jehovah Ratha's name I affirm smoking hurts me and others a lot as it is a nasty habit therefore I will quit smoking so I can bless this temple of the Holy Spirit that has been bought with a price:

• Feel fresher and more attractive
  • Smell nice
  • not be in slavery
  • more understanding thus less stress
  • have more money
  • holier to serve
  • enjoy e-cig flavours
  • life is richer
  • Smoking is nasty and destroys me
  • add other reasons you can think of

I smash my habit of smoking to pieces, in Jesus name!

Thank you Jesus that I will quit smoking and feel great as I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Amen

Any problems after that then go to a pipe at least as the tobacco is less damaging.

Shalom :)

Edited by Sharky and George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I don't understand the currency you use and probably you don't understand mine. Suffice it to say the e-cig I bought in 2009 cost less than dinner. There was a young guy in the store who's father also has advanced lung illness from smoking. Like me, his father still smokes. His father tried the e-cig and also got extremely short of breath. Isn't an e-cig some kind of water vapor? I think a sauna is hot wet air, which some people like. I went into one, once, and I got the same shortness of breath the cheapo e-cig caused. Maybe it's the case that if you switch to e-cigs before you damage your lungs you can use them but if you wait too long you can't. I asked the lung doc this question and he didn't know.

Smoking harms the body, that's a fact nowadays. The Bible says to harm the body is a sin therefore smoking is a sin. For me it's more-so because God made it clear to me many years ago that He wanted me to quit smoking. 

• Group:  Advanced Member

Isn't an e-cig some kind of water vapor?

You are asking questions as if you do not understand, but understanding is the key to your problem.

I am trying to help you, please help yourself by being consistent and thus making a wise decision of your own:

The young guy in the store also bought a cheap EC - I have suggested spending more and doing it properly.

Eating to much food is a sin - it is gluttony.

You are trying to escape from your pain of emotions the devil is giving you, devil then says cig make it better and the cycle continues. Is that sin or being bullied?

Come on, help yourself please!

You are failing to grasp that there are many different motivations for smoking, not one-size-fits-all.  Those motivations are not all driven by pain, emotions or Satan.  The motivation can be something as simple as boredom.  Some people smoke because they claim it calms their nerves.  Etc., etc.  You cannot say, concretely why any given person is smoking, so taking one person and saying that they are motivated by "X," when you do not know them personally is a mistake. 

You are right actually but I am just worried about him and want him to be off them. IMO I would say that smoking is slavery and that is devil stuff though. Again, their are other causes sometimes agreed. Boredom is a cause and so is pain.

About nerves - it becomes a cycle as when nervous, a cig is used and then without a cig at all you are very nervous thus cigs cause greater nerves.

With respect (if you know this Brother), do you know him better than me, thus who is better to try and help him? That is a question, not a rebuke.

I am also speaking from 16 years of trying to give up smoking and 2 years using an EC at the same time as doing a 13.1 mile half-marathon.

Shalom :)

Bit added

Sorry if I went in a bit strong there, I just feel for this Brother.

Also, I will swallow my pride and say that I expect an EC with 72 unknown chems and vapour is better than hot smoke with 5000 unknown chems - but like I say this is an expectation of a lesser of two evils.

I don't understand your currency true. Go online.

IMO the reason is that God loves you and wants you to be healthy and happy, not because it is a sin.

Made better

JTC, maybe add a request for prayer about this in the prayer forum part if you have not already done this?

I dont know if I am right or if I am proud - either way I tried.

Bless you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, JTC said:

I don't understand the currency you use and probably you don't understand mine. Suffice it to say the e-cig I bought in 2009 cost less than dinner. There was a young guy in the store who's father also has advanced lung illness from smoking. Like me, his father still smokes. His father tried the e-cig and also got extremely short of breath. Isn't an e-cig some kind of water vapor? I think a sauna is hot wet air, which some people like. I went into one, once, and I got the same shortness of breath the cheapo e-cig caused. Maybe it's the case that if you switch to e-cigs before you damage your lungs you can use them but if you wait too long you can't. I asked the lung doc this question and he didn't know.

Smoking harms the body, that's a fact nowadays. The Bible says to harm the body is a sin therefore smoking is a sin. For me it's more-so because God made it clear to me many years ago that He wanted me to quit smoking. 

Never smoked.  But I heard that if even a longtime smoker quits, his lungs will start to clean themselves up in three or four months!

• Thumbs Up 2