IGNORED

Burger Chain Approves Employees Wearing 'Abolish ICE,' 'Black Lives Matter' Pins

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Burger Chain Approves Employees Wearing 'Abolish ICE,' 'Black Lives Matter' Pins

When their employees refused to comply with their policies, Burgerville gave them approval to do what they wanted.

Portland, OR – Burgerville has reversed their policy banning political pins, because their employees refused to follow it.

A group of Burgerville employees who violated the policy by wearing buttons at work that read, “Black Lives Matter,” “No one is illegal,” and “Abolish ICE” alleged that the policy was a form of “white supremacy.”

Employees who were previously sent home due to the policy are now receiving back pay.

A total of 10 employees at the Burgerville restaurant at 82nd Avenue and Northeast Glisan Street were sent home from work on Aug. 22, after they refused to remove their buttons while they were working, the Burgerville Workers Union said in a Facebook post.

The employees made the decision to wear their anti-ICE paraphernalia in the wake of the company’s announcement the day prior, which prohibited workers from wearing “political” buttons in the workplace.

“Corporate explicitly singled out Black Lives Matter and No One Is Illegal buttons as ‘too controversial’ to be worn at work,” the union said. “Burgerville’s new policy is, simply put, white supremacist. When bosses tell workers they are not allowed to support Black Lives Matter or to stand with undocumented immigrants, they are siding with white supremacy.”

The workers union said that the company employs “black and undocumented workers,” and alleged that the policy essentially told such workers that “their lives and safety are too ‘political’ for the company.”

“A total of ten workers were either sent home or not allowed to work yesterday because of their refusal to comply with this white supremacist policy,” the union added.

Later the same day, the union proudly announced that the company had “officially revoked the new button policy” and that the workers who refused to comply would receive back pay for their day of missed work.

“Workers are also finally allowed to include their gender pronouns on their name tags!” the union added.

The group hailed their coworkers’ defiance as being “the only reason they changed this policy,” and said the outcome was a “huge victory.”

Then, the union demanded more.

“WE DEMAND a formal apology to the crew at Montavilla for forcing them to decide between their jobs and supporting the fight against white supremacy and WE DEMAND that the button policy support of freedom of expression and explicitly be against white supremacy,” the post read.

The union also called on the company to denounce “prisons and detention centers” as being a form of “white supremacy,” and declared that such facilities “must be abolished for our communities to be free.”

The group is currently pushing for a bargaining contract with the corporation, and have demanded “protections for immigrant workers,” as well as a $5 per hour wage increase, medical benefits, and paid holidays, The Oregonian reported.

The company has expressed concern that displaying political items in the workplace could lead to customers to believe that employees’ views or opinions are also held by the larger corporation.

"Guests provided feedback that they didn't want to see personal and political messages while they ate," Burgerville Director of Human Resources Liz Graham told The Oregonian. "Additionally, some employees expressed that the content of the buttons was drawing unwanted attention that made them uncomfortable."

The company said it ultimately decided to suspend the button policy until it can be further developed.

"We're still here. We're still standing," employee Drew Edmonds told The Oregonian. "We're still wearing our buttons."

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/burger-chain-approves-employees-wearing-abolish-ice-black-lives-matter-pins-cY2hv9TpskmFN3W9fUsOHQ/

Guest shiloh357

Still doesn't change how militant and brainwashed liberals have become and I expect the brainwashed employees that started their silly fight with the company will fight back on this.  We shall see.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Wonder how many heads would explode if someone showed up wearing a "Jesus Saves" pin or some such? I'd have to figure a "Allu Akbar!" pin would probably get a free pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
23 minutes ago, walla299 said:

Wonder how many heads would explode if someone showed up wearing a "Jesus Saves" pin or some such? I'd have to figure a "Allu Akbar!" pin would probably get a free pass.

I would love to walk in with an American flag pin, an "I honor ICE" or "All Lives Matter" t-shirt and a red MAGA hat.  I would capture their response on camera, as well.

I am sure if you walked in and gave a nod to Communism, Marxism, Islam or some other abomination, you would get first-rate service.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

52 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I would love to walk in with an American flag pin, an "I honor ICE" or "All Lives Matter" t-shirt and a red MAGA hat.  I would capture their response on camera, as well.

I am sure if you walked in and gave a nod to Communism, Marxism, Islam or some other abomination, you would get first-rate service.

You know, I'd love to see the video if someone did something like that.  :laugh:  They might wanna take some friends though, to watch their back and all that.

Yeah, seems like calling good evil and evil good is getting pretty common these days. It reminds me of that old Chinese curse about living in interesting times.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

Burgerville updates uniform rules to ban buttons after Portland workers wear pro-immigration pins

Burgerville says it's banning employees from wearing buttons with statements and any other non-work approved items on their uniforms after 10 workers at a Northeast Portland branch were sent home in August for wearing pro-immigration pins.

The fast-food business announced Thursday that it's updating its written uniform policy so it "represents our long-standing commitment to creating a universally welcoming and inclusive environment for our customers and employees alike," according to a statement from Burgerville Human Resources Director Liz Graham. The new policy goes into effect next Thursday and forbids items on workers' uniforms that have political and personal messages. 

The 10 employees at the Northeast Glisan Street and 82nd Avenue Burgerville wore buttons that said, "No one is illegal," and called for the elimination of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The employees returned to work the next day, received back pay and continued to wear the buttons, the company and the Burgerville Workers Union said.

A union spokesman said he is still reviewing the company statement and declined to immediately provide a comment Thursday.

Graham said in her statement that the company already had a verbal policy forbidding employees from wearing personal buttons on uniforms. The updated policy is common among businesses that regularly deal with the general public, she said. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/09/burgerville_updates_uniform_ru.html

This all sounds like it is a privet business issue and I think should be handle as such.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Still doesn't change how militant and brainwashed liberals have become and I expect the brainwashed employees that started their silly fight with the company will fight back on this.  We shall see.

You know, just because someone thinks or believes something different then you do  does not mean they are brainwashed. 

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

You know, just because someone thinks or believes something different then you do  does not mean they are brainwashed. 

That's true, but it is also true that the radical Leftists in this article are brainwashed and have no clue what it is they are protesting/supporting.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

This all sounds like it is a privet business issue and I think should be handle as such.  

They are a private business that depends on the public, the paying customers for their success.  If they want to be embroiled in politics, then they can suffer the consequences when paying customers take their money elsewhere and find a different burger joint that isn't trying to afflict them with their political views.   People don't to be hit the face with politics when they buy lunch, buy shoes, go to the movies or whatever.   People look for an escape when they go out on the town.  Smart businesses don't make decisions that alienate any demographic of their community.   Businesses need to just do what they are good at and leave politics out of their business model.