• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings,

The Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation both use alot of words that symbolize something. For example, a beast can refer to a government, or world power; dragon can symbolize Satan; a harlot is used to symbolize the apostate church; Babylon can refer to the religious-political-economic system that will be in place in the last days.

So, what if the mark spoken of is not really a literal mark at all? What if Satan wants us to think it will be a mark or computer chip on the hand or forehead?

Could it be some kind of test that has to do with worship and not be a mark at all?

After all, Adam and Eve were told not to eat of a certain tree in the garden. They failed the test and we know the rest of the story. But it was kind of a simple test. Don't eat from this tree. That's it.

Daniel was tested many times. First a simple dietary test. Would he eat the food served at the King's table or follow God's diet? Another was would he continue to worship God as he always did or follow the decree not to worship anyone but the king for 30 days? We all know Daniel was righteous and followed the Lord no matter what.

So, what if the word "mark" is a symbol for something and not really a literal mark? Any ideas?

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Both :rolleyes:

Guest Fluffy the Cactus

That's a good point, turmoil, but I believe that the mark of the beast will be a computer chip. Those who refuse to be implanted with these (they will probably be government sponsored), will not be allowed to buy or sell things, work, etc. Thus, they will starve. I don't believe that it's going to be limited to the Islamic Empire, I believe that it will be worldwide, because Islam is not going to take over the entire world. Islam may be growing, but so is Christianity, albeit at a slower pace. The anti-christ will probably profess Christianity, and I have a feeling that a lot of Christians will follow him. I'm also sure, however, that he will garner much support from other faith groups such as the muslims, buddhists, hindus, shintoists, etc. as well because he will appear to be a great man, with much wisdom. You know how much the Pope was loved, don't you? I mean, I'm not Catholic, but even I respected and admired Pope John Paul II for what he did for humanity. Heh, who knows? The anti-christ very well may profess to be a baptist, a methodist, or a pentecostal!

???:rolleyes:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am not sure exactly what the mark of the beast will be. It could be a computer chip like the veri chip technologies. It could be something as simple as the Real ID that was passed into law yesterday. I believe that it is more than likely something that will start out as one thing, and end up being a way to keep track of every human being the beast rules over.

It will not be something world wide. Of that I am sure, only the areas under the rule of the beast. The kings of the east and the kings of the south will not be under his rule.

Will we?

I am not sure of that either since America is not mentioned in prophecy at the end.

Yesterday a national id card was passed through the senate. And will be signed into law by the President on May 12 th. With all of it's implications of being a national data base open not only to home land security, but to all our nafta neighbors upon request. Every US citizen will have to have an State ID card, connected with drivers licensing, with soc security numbers and etc. If they decide before implementation that it must contain an rfid chip all personal identification information can be read by anyone who wants to invest a couple of hundred dollars in a scanning device. Imagine the criminal implications of this! Imagine the potential of identity fraud, since most people carry their license on their persons. It can be read through clothing, purses, cars, and you won't even be aware of the danger until it is too late. ...Shades of the Mark..

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've wondered the same thing, Caroline.

After all, why is an identification chip a sin? What Law of God does an identification chip break? :blink:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Neb, if the chip is not the alleged mark of the beast then there is no law about it, but so far nobody has come up with any substantial proof of what the mark is like, but I would think twice before I accepted a chip, on the basis of what Rev.14:8-13. has to say about those who receive the mark or worship the beast.

just my thoughts.

e

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

After all, why is an identification chip a sin?  What Law of God does an identification chip break? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have often wondered why God judged David for numbering Israel myself. However, if God says don't do something it is not for us to question it.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I appreciate what you are saying, but there's got to be something more to it, something we are missing.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

After all, why is an identification chip a sin?  What Law of God does an identification chip break? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have often wondered why God judged David for numbering Israel myself. However, if God says don't do something it is not for us to question it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In many ancient cultures it was believed that knowing the number of something gave one power over it. David numbering Israel was sort of a demonstration of power, his own power, not Yahweh's.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thanks everyone for your response.

I still think we are missing it somehow. Satan is very deceptive. While everyone is looking for a computer chip, I'm wondering if it is something he'll sneak up on us.

I do not think we can know what the mark is if we do not know what the beast is.

Also, when Christ came the first time, a lot of people missed it. They missed all the signs they should have been aware of. It will be the same with the second coming of Christ, alot of people will just not get it. Is it possible that the mark will be right in front of us and we could not see it?

I'm going to do some more reading and look into it more.

In Christ,

CarolineS