Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Niger: Small loans for microenterprise generate income for the poor... enabling new Christians, orphans and widows to flourish.  It also serves as a bridge to sharing the Gospel as relationships are formed.  A single goat can be sold in times of crisis or bred to sell the offspring.

Nigeria: A native ministry is providing food, clothing and medical care for people who have fled horrific violence.  The ministry is also helping them rebuild their lives by helping them to have a farm for a livelihood.

Info. Christian Aid Mission

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

http://www.soshope.org  and   http://www.soshope.org/get-involved/opportunities/  and   http://www.soshope.org/about/current-projects/

ps-(Benin Nigeria Togo )

Edited by Neighbor
added the ps
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

African continent has several challenges.

- Corruption, poverty, civil wars..etc.

Many countries in the world face some of those challenges.

In terms of level/degree, Africa is different/unique.

----

When I was in Uganda, I talked with young Christian leaders. They told me that one of top issues in Uganda is corruption.

"Leadership development" should be on priority list  in Africa mission.

---

In spite of those challenges, there are "pioneering Christian leaders" - in some countries. They have commitment and passion for ministry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

I have been working with young Christian leader in Uganda.

- I met him on my first visit to Uganda - about 10 years ago.

He was on church staff at that time. Soon after he started "community outreach/transformation" focused ministry. Now he runs Christ-centered "community outreach, leadership development/training..." ministry.

----

My perspective is that some countries in Africa need new type of Christian leaders..like young leader in Uganda.

----

There are still "unreached regions/areas" in Africa. Pioneer missions are much needed in those places.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

I have utmost respect for missionaries who venture into foreign countries on faith and compassion for the lost. Praying for these brothers and sisters is something all members of the body of Christ should do. I hope to do better in this.

Thanks, Debp for bringing Africa to our attention. :thumbsup: Good information and a Worthy post.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

8 hours ago, Global Mission said:

African continent has several challenges.

- Corruption, poverty, civil wars..etc.

Many countries in the world face some of those challenges.

In terms of level/degree, Africa is different/unique.

----

When I was in Uganda, I talked with young Christian leaders. They told me that one of top issues in Uganda is corruption.

"Leadership development" should be on priority list  in Africa mission.

---

In spite of those challenges, there are "pioneering Christian leaders" - in some countries. They have commitment and passion for ministry.

From what I understand from Christian Aid Mission which supports native pastors/missionaries....there is also an influx of money from Islamic countries and building of mosques, at least in some Arican countries.  Are you familiar with this happening in Africa?   If so, is it just certain nations?

Niger: Animists who routinely used to get drunk are now serving their communities after being led to Christ by native missionaries.  The native ministry would like to help them and other Christians to form a farming  coopperative in order to support their families.  This will help defeat poverty, hunger and youth's temptations to join terrorists.

Chad: Native missionaries risk their lives to share Christ with those in violent desert areas.  People are coming to saving faith as the workers offer emotional and spiritual support.  They also offer practical aid, and are caring for orphans and widows.  Assistance in any amount is of great help.

Info, Christian Aid Mission

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Debp said:

From what I understand from Christian Aid Mission which supports native pastors/missionaries....there is also an influx of money from Islamic countries and building of mosques, at least in some Arican countries.  Are you familiar with this happening in Africa?   If so, is it just certain nations?

Sorry for late reply.. a bit hectic time.

---

I heard about that - what you wrote. I do not have detailed info. Recent years, Islamic influence has been increasing in Africa. - I was told by someone involved in outreach to Muslims in Africa.

---

My interest/focus in Africa was on searching "new ministry model." It is my view that Church in Africa needs new type of ministries. Countries (I focused ) had already large Christian population. Christian leader in Uganda (Kampala area) had a vision for "new ministry model"-community outreach/transformation.

---

As I said before, there are unreached areas/places in Africa. Indigenous missionaries/ministries are much needed.

• Thumbs Up 1