Debp

Man Killed by Policewoman in His Own Apartment

This is such a really sad and horrible story.  The Dallas, Texas, 26 year old man who was shot to death by a Policewoman in his own apartment!  The lady officer accidentally went to the wrong floor in her apartment building after getting off work.   She started to put her key in the door and the door was slightly ajar, so it opened.  She saw the silhouette of a man in the dark, thought he was in her apartment and she shot him twice.  She did call out commands but he didn't respond...I guess he was shocked at someone entering his apartment.

To make matters even worse, the young man was a worship leader at his church.

His mother approved of the apartment because it was only one block from the police station.  His mother says they are Christians so they do forgive but she wonders why the officer shot her son like that.

3 hours ago, Debp said:

but she wonders why the officer shot her son like that.

Why does she wonder? By the article, it was an understandable mistake.

4 hours ago, Debp said:

The lady officer accidentally went to the wrong floor in her apartment building after getting off work.   She started to put her key in the door and the door was slightly ajar, so it opened.

There is a lot of conflicting information circulating right now.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/botham-jean-shooting-dallas-police-officer-amber-guyger-family-attorney-disputes-account/

It sure would be nice to know the truth. If someone is too incoherent to know she was on the wrong floor, her judgement under the circumstances and accurate recall of events is certainly suspect.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Why does she wonder? By the article, it was an understandable mistake.

Let me get this straight... If your child was shot in his/her own home by a police officer that unlawfully entered the wrong address, wouldn't you wonder why your child was shot and killed?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

Let me get this straight... If your child was shot in his/her own home by a police officer that unlawfully entered the wrong address, wouldn't you wonder why your child was shot and killed?

It says why, so why should the mother wonder? Unless the MSM got their facts mixed up ...again. 

6 hours ago, Debp said:

The lady officer accidentally went to the wrong floor in her apartment building after getting off work.   She started to put her key in the door and the door was slightly ajar, so it opened.  She saw the silhouette of a man in the dark, thought he was in her apartment and she shot him twice.  She did call out commands but he didn't respond...

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

At the very least, it is involuntary manslaughter. 

But she is living proof of the fallacy of the concept of "shoot first and ask questions later."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

It says why, so why should the mother wonder? Unless the MSM got their facts mixed up ...again. 

Maybe she's wondering how in the heck a police officer would be so incoherent that she broke into her son's apartment and shot and killed him. Why did she pull her weapon? Why did she shoot if she was under no threat of violence? There are a lot of questions I wonder about and Botham Jean wasn't even my son.

With the amount of misinformation swirling around (check here), I know I would be wondering about a lot of things.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

At the very least, it is involuntary manslaughter. 

But she is living proof of the fallacy of the concept of "shoot first and ask questions later."

Agreed, this is a horrible incident where an innocent man lost his life. Like you say - she should be convicted of involuntary manslaughter at the very least.

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Maybe she's wondering how in the heck a police officer would be so incoherent that she broke into her son's apartment and shot and killed him. Why did she pull her weapon? Why did she shoot if she was under no threat of violence? There are a lot of questions I wonder about and Botham Jean wasn't even my son.

With the amount of misinformation swirling around (check here), I know I would be wondering about a lot of things.

You don't just believe the MSM account given in the OP? LOL

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Agreed, this is a horrible incident where an innocent man lost his life. Like you say - she should be convicted of involuntary manslaughter at the very least.

What happened to the 'innocent until proven guilty' line of justice we are afforded here in the U.S.?

• Thumbs Up 1