• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Zoltan777 said:

For me it's a hard question. I  should say my mom and my sister who took me to the church. I was separated from them and brought up by my father who was the biggest materialist I have ever known. Still..my father has bigger impact on my life than anyone else.

I think we also should consider all the people around us - even though they were not Christian - who made our personality as it is today.

My strength is like my father's...my heart is like my mother's.

Who had bigger impact on my life? Is it my mom who took me to church and thought me everything about the Bible from a distance or my dad who dinied everything but his hand feed me since I was a baby? I slept next to him until I was 13. 

I'm still not sure how come I got here. Was it my father or was it my mother? I think it was Jesus who called me and said 'Be mine'

That's very beautiful, Zoltan.   Love the last line especially. :heart::heart:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Aside from my parents--who bore my brother and me (twins) and have cared for me throughout my life despite being premature, my poor eye condition since birth, and my disobedient childhood--I'd have to say those believers who gave up their decent-paying jobs to serve overseas for nothing but hardships and risks, or passed up on higher education or better job positions to serve the Lord and the church.  Such selfless acts and decisions will be remembered forever.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I hope you don't mind a long story:

A  nurse named Martha who was also a loving, Christian lady. She also happen to be the nurse who help bring me into the world. She and her husband answer a calling to pick up people for Sunday School and  church who had no other way to get there. It was mostly kids like me who did not have parents that would take them to church.  Anyway, I stayed with my grandparent on weekends.  One Saturday night she stop by for a visit as she knew my grandmother. I sat there as the grown ups talked and they started talking about church. Martha said that she picks people up for church and then ask my grandmother if I would like to go. I must of been about 6 years old at the time. My grandmother turn to me and asked me if I would like to go to church in the morning. It sounded fun to me and I sort of remember going when I was very little, so I said "yeah sure."  I remember I did not have any good clothes to wear but I did have one nice pant suit (it was the 70's) so I wore that.  That Sunday Martha and and her husband pulled up in front of my grandparent's house in their van full of people. Then off we went to church. This lead to me attending church regularly. Not only on Sunday mornings but midweek Bible study, vacation Bible school in the summer, every revival service, , out of town church events, church parties and any other time the church doors were open. When Martha and her husband went on vacation they made arrangements with other people at the church to make sure that the "van kids" as we were call all had a ride to church.  From the age of 6 years old until I was 19 when I got my first car and could drive myself to church. This dear lady picked me up and brought me to every church service no matter what. In one of the revival services that she brought me too, I heard the call of the Holy Spirit on my heart and accepted Christ as my savor when I was 13 years old.  It is my believe that had this dear lady never showed up at my grandmother's house on that Saturday night, I would have never attended church. As I had no one to take me. There for I would have never heard the call on my heart to accept Christ.  I grew up into adulthood and  I drove myself to church. Martha and her husband still picked up van loads of kids (sometimes making two trips) to church. Before she died I sent her and her husband a letter telling them what an impact they made on my life. Buy doing nothing more then picking me up for church. When she died,  I spoke at her funeral and told everyone there what this dear lady had done for me. I can not not tell this story without crying as it is the most beautiful thing. It may just seem like a small thing giving someone a ride to church, but nothing done for God is ever small. 

So anyway if you are still reading this. That is my story. Thank You for your time. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

My grampa. He told me the Gospel of Grace when I was very young. When he told me what Jesus did for me I flung myself on the ground and wailed and cried. I was overcome. Thank God!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 9/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, LadyKay said:

I hope you don't mind a long story:

A  nurse named Martha who was also a loving, Christian lady. She also happen to be the nurse who help bring me into the world. She and her husband answer a calling to pick up people for Sunday School and  church who had no other way to get there. It was mostly kids like me who did not have parents that would take them to church.  Anyway, I stayed with my grandparent on weekends.  One Saturday night she stop by for a visit as she knew my grandmother. I sat there as the grown ups talked and they started talking about church. Martha said that she picks people up for church and then ask my grandmother if I would like to go. I must of been about 6 years old at the time. My grandmother turn to me and asked me if I would like to go to church in the morning. It sounded fun to me and I sort of remember going when I was very little, so I said "yeah sure."  I remember I did not have any good clothes to wear but I did have one nice pant suit (it was the 70's) so I wore that.  That Sunday Martha and and her husband pulled up in front of my grandparent's house in their van full of people. Then off we went to church. This lead to me attending church regularly. Not only on Sunday mornings but midweek Bible study, vacation Bible school in the summer, every revival service, , out of town church events, church parties and any other time the church doors were open. When Martha and her husband went on vacation they made arrangements with other people at the church to make sure that the "van kids" as we were call all had a ride to church.  From the age of 6 years old until I was 19 when I got my first car and could drive myself to church. This dear lady picked me up and brought me to every church service no matter what. In one of the revival services that she brought me too, I heard the call of the Holy Spirit on my heart and accepted Christ as my savor when I was 13 years old.  It is my believe that had this dear lady never showed up at my grandmother's house on that Saturday night, I would have never attended church. As I had no one to take me. There for I would have never heard the call on my heart to accept Christ.  I grew up into adulthood and  I drove myself to church. Martha and her husband still picked up van loads of kids (sometimes making two trips) to church. Before she died I sent her and her husband a letter telling them what an impact they made on my life. Buy doing nothing more then picking me up for church. When she died,  I spoke at her funeral and told everyone there what this dear lady had done for me. I can not not tell this story without crying as it is the most beautiful thing. It may just seem like a small thing giving someone a ride to church, but nothing done for God is ever small. 

So anyway if you are still reading this. That is my story. Thank You for your time. 

What a beautiful story, LadyKay!!  Thanks so much for taking the time to write all of it out.   I also think it's wonderful that you wrote this couple that took you to church a letter expressing your thankfulness to them.    :heart::heart:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Debp said:

What a beautiful story, LadyKay!!  Thanks so much for taking the time to write all of it out.   I also think it's wonderful that you wrote this couple that took you to church a letter expressing your thankfulness to them.    :heart::heart:

Thank You. I have a photo of Martha standing with the van and all the kids. I should dig it out and post it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Sister Annette.    I just dropped by to say , YOU LOVED SISTER .   PRAISE THE LORD .