• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Who are the dead in the below verse?

Revelation 20:12"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

Revelation 20:12"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Hi n2thelight,

Good question.

They are NOT those in the Body of Christ who are at the moment in the General Assembly and who will be connected with those alive, and go to the Lord`s own throne. (Rev. 3: 21)

They are NOT the `just men` (& women) also in the General assembly, who have been promised the inheritance of the New Jerusalem. (Heb. 11: 16)

They are NOT those who overcame the anti-Christ during the trib, and were beheaded. (Rev. 20: 4)

The people who are `dead,` and go to the Great White Throne are - those who died -

- not knowing about Jesus - they will be judged according to how they lived by their God given conscience - their works. (Rev. 20: 13)

- knowing about Jesus but rejected His salvation. (Rev. 20: 13)

Some will go to live on the new earth, (the nations -Rev. 21: 24) and the others into the lake of fire. (Rev. 20: 15)

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

My opinion the 'dead' are those whom are going to be condemned to the second death, referring to the unsaved at the Great White Throne Judgment. 

Just as there will be different degrees of crowns and rewards for the believer and what he/she did in his/her life in the Name of Christ and the fruits they bear. There will be different degrees of punishment and torture for all eternity for the lost. 

Here's how I see it,it's a copy and paste,but I could not explain it better

Notice there are two sets of books here. The first called "The Books" is to judge the unsaved. The second is the "Book of Life" where only the names of the saved are recorded. The saved have had their sins removed from God's judgment and booted out. Though they were committed, the blood of Christ has covered them from being used against us.

Notice how all souls are judged "according to their works". Does it talk about faith here after the Millennium? No. The "great white throne judgment" will not take faith into consideration. The first resurrection takes faith into consideration. That was back on "the Lord's day". That was Jesus Christ's "great day". On the last day of the Millennium age, souls are judged by works only.

Why are you judged for works only? Faith is something hoped for but unseen. You don't see Jesus Christ on earth today, you will see his wonderful works, and be led by Him and His Spirit in the Millennium age. Today He is in heaven and not walking on this earth. However, in the millennium, He will be on earth, and all will have full intelligence, with full recall and will be taught. The Heavenly Father honors all those with grace, that have accepted His Son by faith through repentance without Christ's physical presence here on earth, if you believed in His Word.

To those who are not under grace in the Millennium, their salvation will be only through and by their works. For faith doesn't exist to them. There will be no ignorance, physical handicap, for you will see, know, and experience Our Lord first hand.

If you follow the Antichrist, the first Christ to appear, you will have forfeited your salvation in this earth age. You will not be under the grace of God, and your works will be the only thing that matters on the last day of the Millennium, the day of judgment. They will be judged by works alone, for they have seen Jesus Christ, and are without excuse. The "rapture theory" leaves believers defenseless against Satan, for they will be taken in by Satan's deceptions.

https://www.theseason.org/revelation/revelation20.htm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

Verse 13 gives us a clue:

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

All those in hell will make up a large portion of the dead. Those from the sea? Well, the rapture will collect all those who died in Christ at sea. But the bible tells us when the seas turn to blood, people will die. This then would include those who died at sea during the 70th week of Daniel. Perhaps a few might die during the reign of Christ. Those would be included. 

Another large group would be those who died at sea during the entire first 6000 years, (before the 70th week) but did not get resurrected when the Old Testament saints were raised - in other words - the unrighteous who died at sea. 

Will those who are alive during the 1000 year reign of Christ be judged here? No, John saw the DEAD, not the alive.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

I believe they are the unrighteous dead.   The believers are told they go before the (greek) Bema seat judgement. Romans 14:10 and 2 Corinthians 5:10. The Bema was a seat at Greek and Roman games where rewards were handed out.  I believe the believers receive rewards for faithful service at the Bema seat judgment by Yeshua.  Eternal life is not in question.

The judgement of Revelation 20 is the Great White Throne judgement, which is more of a prosecutorial trial.  The evidence is presented and sentence handed out.  It does say that anyone not found in the Book of Life were cast into the lake of fire.  I think that this really is all a judgement on the evidence to show that the Lord is perfect in His justice.  There will be no excuse for anyone.    I do think that there will be some level of justice that balances those who never heard of Yeshua.  But like the scripture says, even the creation speaks of God.  They will be judged on what they did with the information they did have and how they treated others.  There will be a level of accountability for everyone that has ever lived.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 9/12/2018 at 5:46 AM, n2thelight said:

You're considered dead if you are not a believer. In the context of "living forever," these people have no everlasting life. They're already dead.

Edited by Archangel Thyos

3 hours ago, Archangel Thyos said:

You're considered dead if you are not a believer. In the context of "living forever," these people have no everlasting life. They're already dead.

That's the point I was trying to make.

We have people living now that are dead.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

10 hours ago, n2thelight said:

That's the point I was trying to make.

We have people living now that are dead.

Yeah, that's what god taught me over time. If you want an example of a dead person, go look up recent videos of actor Jim Carey. He's whacko.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:43 AM, iamlamad said:

Will those who are alive during the 1000 year reign of Christ be judged here? No, John saw the DEAD, not the alive.

So who are the dead that he saw?

Dead people don't stand...

Edited by n2thelight