• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

I am quite sure this scripture is referring to the Millennial reign:

4“Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Old men and old women shall again sit In the streets of Jerusalem, Each one with his staff in his hand Because of great age. 5The streets of the city Shall be full of boys and girls Playing in its streets.’ (Zechariah 8:1–5 NKJV)

I am convinced Isaiah 65 is speaking of AFTER the Millennial Reign and after the new heaven and earth. It seems then that there will STILL be natural people on the new earth. Your thoughts?

Yup, Zech 8 could have past and future fulfillment in the 1000 yr. Growing old won't exist on the New Earth however, because aging and death won't exist. Isa 65 is talking about the actual New Heavens and New Earth after the 1000 yr. I believe Isa 65:20 is using metaphorical or I guess allegorical language to describe what eternity will be like, which is beyond words really.

The New Earth will consist of believers in Christ only who will reign with Christ for eternity and beyond, with also healing.

"The leaves of the tree were for the health of the nations. So, the leaves were like medicine. This shows that there will be no lack of health. The life to come will be plentiful and perfect. The leaves of the tree help all people to enjoy life."

https://www.easyenglish.bible/bible-commentary/revelation-lbw.htm

Rev 22:1-5 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

16 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Yup, Zech 8 could have past and future fulfillment in the 1000 yr. Growing old won't exist on the New Earth however, because aging and death won't exist. Isa 65 is talking about the actual New Heavens and New Earth after the 1000 yr. I believe Isa 65:20 is using metaphorical or I guess allegorical language to describe what eternity will be like, which is beyond words really.

The New Earth will consist of believers in Christ only who will reign with Christ for eternity and beyond, with also healing.

"The leaves of the tree were for the health of the nations. So, the leaves were like medicine. This shows that there will be no lack of health. The life to come will be plentiful and perfect. The leaves of the tree help all people to enjoy life."

https://www.easyenglish.bible/bible-commentary/revelation-lbw.htm

Rev 22:1-5 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

I can hardly wait!