• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

East texas.  I have not seen any up in the northern east side but they might have them.  Lake jackson or maybe its called lake jacksonville is close to tyler, its recreational type lake so they probably catch them and haul them off if they do show up, I am not aware of any rivers or creeks that way. It would not be a big shock if a gator showed up there, but I am not for certain out that way.  gators are not really agressive.  I see children swimming on a sand bar and just up the creek maybe 500 yards there will be gators sun bathing.  now when they first come out of hibernation they are hungry and kids are not allowed to go swimming or even go down by the creek alone.  If you can hear the baby aligators chirping momma is close, and she is protective of her young.  thats really the only time you got to watch out.  but lots of people have had dogs they put on a chain by the creek for easy acess to water... dogs will come up missing all year long. 

Interesting, didn't know they hibernated.  But I feel sorry for those poor dogs...must be horrible if they can't get away from the alligators!!  I hope people will think twice about doing that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, Debp said:

Her wouldn't be terrorising my family. 44 magnum right between the eyes.

We have monster crocodiles here in Aus. 

THE second biggest crocodile ever caught in Australia has been hauled in by the Northern Territory’s own Outback wrangler Matt Wright.

The giant beast measured 5.58m and weighed in at a massive 890kg, making it bigger than the Territory’s own superstar croc, Brutus, which is estimated to be around 5.5 meters.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/outback-wrangler-matt-wright-catches-second-biggest-croc-ever-recorded-in-australia/news-story/ddba6878ea26554f9c38a3e0c4d7b52b

Z 161..jpg

Edited by HAZARD
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Her wouldn't be terrorising my family. 44 magnum right between the eyes.

We have monster crocodiles here in Aus. 

THE second biggest crocodile ever caught in Australia has been hauled in by the Northern Territory’s own Outback wrangler Matt Wright.

The giant beast measured 5.58m and weighed in at a massive 890kg, making it bigger than the Territory’s own superstar croc, Brutus, which is estimated to be around 5.5 meters.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/outback-wrangler-matt-wright-catches-second-biggest-croc-ever-recorded-in-australia/news-story/ddba6878ea26554f9c38a3e0c4d7b52b

Z 161..jpg

Oh my, that is a monster!  What did they do to him?  It's a shame to kill him seeing how huge he grew...must be old!  Could a crocodile tourist farm take him?

P.S. Read the article (interesting) and see some of them have been kept in captivity.

Edited by Debp
Added P.S.
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

I read your post and remembered your avatar.  When I looked up and saw Mr. Callahan i started rolling in laughter.  Well gator... do you feel lucky.  LOL>

I feel the same way about anything threatening my family but I lean more towards a shotgun with hardened alloy slugs, not soft lead.    Here you cant kill gators unless they are endangering human life.   

The big male gator down the creek is not quite that size, but real close. 

I had a shorter female float up on me in a canoe one night.  i saw a few bubbles and it looked like a log floating up, but I knew it was not a log.  I was in the back of the canoe and my buddy was up front with the lantern.  she never made a noise.  Her eye was looking right at me, kinda checking me out. she was parallel to the boat with her tail pointing towards the front of the canoe.    all i had in my hand was an oar and i had every intention of sticking it down her throat if she tried to join me in the boat.  in the blink of an eye she dove underwater and swam away, the wave from her tail rocked the canoe and my buddy said what was that, my reply was time to go, after he paddled a time or two he said I heard that!  when we were maybe 15 yards away she had circled back around and bumped the bottom of the canoe.  I have never gone back in the swamp when its real dark since.  I stick to the creek. 

Oh, that was scary about your encounter with the alligator at night!  You could write a short story and submit it to a wildlife magazine, it was very well written....kept me in suspense!

Just curious, what were you and your buddy looking for or doing in the canoe at night?   

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/16/2018 at 6:00 PM, Cletus said:

Fishing.  sometimes the fish are really biting at night. that night we didnt even get a nibble... i wonder why.. LOL.

Yeah, that was it!  Speaking of fishing we did alot of it when I was a child in PA...we were on the three big rivers.  Always threw them back except for when Dad gave the Catfish to a poor lady fishing for dinner.  Do you eat the fish you catch?