• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Yowm said:

Objectively Christ paid the penalty for all sin, subjectively it is only received by faith. Our faith did not pay for our sin, it only receives the gift.

Perhaps I should rephrase. It is a personal gift to all who will receive Him. I don't think we can take faith out of the equation.  Hebrews 11:6 For without faith it s impossible to please Him :for he that cometh to God must believe he is and He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

It is all important that we understand what Jesus did by going to the cross and why He did it. Grace is received when we believe. 

Anyone who comes to Christ will in no wise be cast out.

When we walk away from the gift we choose death over Life. This is very sad 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 9/19/2018 at 4:59 PM, Yowm said:

It was against His Son on the cross and one day will be against those who rejected His Son including the devil.

Hermits are few. Christians live in communities, belong to different churches. It is important to know what other Christians think about you. Others do not mostly judge you by what you say but by what you do. Objectivity and subjectivity are not eliminated by any faith. What you are thinking about yourself is only a small part of the truth. This is where we agree to differ, right?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

49 minutes ago, vlad said:

Hermits are few. Christians live in communities, belong to different churches. It is important to know what other Christians think about you. Others do not mostly judge you by what you say but by what you do. Objectivity and subjectivity are not eliminated by any faith. What you are thinking about yourself is only a small part of the truth. This is where we agree to differ, right?

It is important to know what other Christians think about you.

I somehow  agree as faith and fruits both should be seen by somebody who claims to be a Christian , many people call them self Christian but don't know what it is to be born again and therefore they think they  only have a form of religion  live the way they want without considering what God thinks of their lifestyle, so faith and fruits  go together , you can't have only faith and you can't have only fruit.

For me as a born gain Christian ,I'm not worried what men think of me,I pray they can see the tesimony of my live and I'm only concerned what God thinks of me.

I hope that makes sense to you?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

I somehow  agree as faith and fruits both should be seen by somebody who claims to be a Christian , many people call them self Christian but don't know what it is to be born again and therefore they think they  only have a form of religion  live the way they want without considering what God thinks of their lifestyle, so faith and fruits  go together , you can't have only faith and you can't have only fruit.

For me as a born gain Christian ,I'm not worried what men think of me,I pray they can see the tesimony of my live and I'm only concerned what God thinks of me.

Yes.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:07 PM, angels4u said:

Hi, You say: "For me as a born gain Christian ,I'm not worried what men think of me,I pray they can see the tesimony of my live and I'm only concerned what God thinks of me."  You are a true Christian, no doubt. But let us look at it in broader terms. It is all right so far you are not in a high social or economic position in the society.  But if one is then he or she is to be very careful with their fruits. Subjective opinion of oneself may be misleading.  It is not only praying it is a lot of effort to resist sin. Everybody should be worried and think what he is doing lest one thinks that Jesus Christ died for him and now he is living on the easy street. This kind of thinking and explanation in public can multiply pseudo-Christians. Pseudo-Christians are worse than atheists as they distort Christianity. All what I read in this forum is about  ideal Christians who need not worry as they are already saved. I am talking about people who are trying to be Christians and  some of them will become Christians.

21 hours ago, Yowm said:

How does a person 'try' to be Christian (born again)? You either are or you are not.

Lots of people ask for advice on this forum. They are seeking Christ. They are on their way to be born again.

22 hours ago, Yowm said:

How does a person 'try' to be Christian (born again)? You either are or you are not.

When a person is born again the labor may take a very long time.

22 hours ago, vlad said:

This kind of thinking and explanation in public can multiply pseudo-Christians. Pseudo-Christians are worse than atheists as they distort Christianity. All what I read in this forum is about  ideal Christians who need not worry as they are already saved. I am talking about people who are trying to be Christians and  some of them will become Christians.

Those people are not born again Christians at all, when you're born again you cannot and will not compromise your believe ...

Not to forget,we all still do sin (old flesh )but not by compromising with the world or workplace ( I hope ---

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That's true, from Dec 1972 through Mar '74 (15 months), I went from having the Gospel seed planted in me to when it was birthed...some of the most harrowing time in my life. But since Mar 17 1974, there's been no looking back.

there's been no looking back.

I have decided to follow Jesus
No turning back, no turning back
Though none go with me
I still will follow
Though none go with me
I still will follow
Though none go with me
I still will follow
No turning back, no turning back

Hebrews 12
 Therefore, since we are surrounded 
by such a great cloud of witnesses, 
let us throw off everything that hinders 
and the sin that so easily entangles, 
and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, 
the Author and Perfecter of our faith, 
who for the joy set before him endured the cross, 
scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
Consider Him

23 hours ago, angels4u said:

Those people are not born again Christians at all, when you're born again you cannot and will not compromise your believe ...

Not to forget,we all still do sin (old flesh )but not by compromising with the world or workplace ( I hope ---

Hi, brother. I have this question which I do not like myself as it reminds me of splitting hairs in medieval discussions. Here it is. As most people on the forum do not recognize stratification of sins and say that sin is a sin whatever here is a situation. If a Christian is sinning (be it adultery or any other sin) is he/she compromising his/her belief in the process of sinning, or is he/she betraying Jesus at this moment, or is it just a sinning Christian in the process of sinning. Is it not making things worse when they think and tell others before during or after the process of sinning that they would repent, pray and will be surely forgiven?