Alduin's daughter

Why is god considered all good and the devil considered evil

20 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

No man is going to hell for their sins. They choose to go there for not receiving the one who is able to save them from it. 

That wouldn't explain those who lived and died before the advent of Jesus.

3 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

There is with Israel those who lived by Gods will and gave Him Glory. There were also those who killed the prophets. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Mike Mclees said:

We are born in sin as David said in Psalm 53 and the payment for sin is death. We cannot on our own escape this except forsake and confess our sins believing Christ paid our sin dept and we then receive the gift of Grace. Having opportunity to receive Christ and choose not to receive the gift  their is no debt  paid.    So we choose not to receive the gift that would save us. This is how I see it. No man is without sin. When we ponder this we know this is true. 

God bless

3 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Having opportunity to receive Christ and choose not to receive the gift  their is no debt  paid.

I would say our debt has been paid regardless, it's just not received.

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I would say our debt has been paid regardless, it's just not received.

How are you  saying ? I would say that it's personal salvation

On 9/12/2018 at 1:07 PM, Yowm said:

Actually this area is for welcomes. God sent the flood, but the people were already murdering each other at the time of the Flood (not unlike today). It is believed Lucifer was already thrown out of heaven when he tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden. He will one day be assigned to the Lake of Fire.

Why did God throw Lucifer, i.e. Satan down where man could be tempted, and why tempt man?

11 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Adam sinned and because of Adams acquired sin nature, all mankind Romans 5: 12-19 was imputed with the sin nature of Adam, it passed down through all generations. Galatians 2: 1-3. All those whom God chose Ephesians 1: 4 and God came near to was spoken to by God, the ancient peoples who were given belief and faith i.e, Abraham Hebrews 11, the rest did not and if dying in their sin, the will be eternally separated from God. Hebrews 11: 1-3; John 3: 27; 15: 5b; Philippians 2: 13

Edited by James Wilbur
Add text

8 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

How are you  saying ? I would say that it's personal salvation

Objectively Christ paid the penalty for all sin, subjectively it is only received by faith. Our faith did not pay for our sin, it only receives the gift.

• Loved it! 1

10 minutes ago, James Wilbur said:

Why did God throw Lucifer, i.e. Satan down where man could be tempted, and why tempt man?

God tests for good, satan tempts for evil. The Bible does not reveal why God allowed satan to tempt man. He threw him out of heaven because of his sin of pride.

23 hours ago, Yowm said:

Objectively Christ paid the penalty for all sin, subjectively it is only received by faith. Our faith did not pay for our sin, it only receives the gift.

Perhaps I should rephrase. It is a personal gift to all who will receive Him. I don't think we can take faith out of the equation.  Hebrews 11:6 For without faith it s impossible to please Him :for he that cometh to God must believe he is and He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

It is all important that we understand what Jesus did by going to the cross and why He did it. Grace is received when we believe. 

Anyone who comes to Christ will in no wise be cast out.

When we walk away from the gift we choose death over Life. This is very sad 

Edited by Mike Mclees