melodyfire

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This is my first post here at WM aside from my intro post as a new member. Love to all.

More people seem to be suffering from anxiety than ever before; perhaps for good reason, but I won't go into all we hear on the news. That would probably defeat the purpose here as I hope to offer a bit of comfort.

I have always approached anxiety with what scripture says about fear. Well, anxiety is rooted in fear, and the Word is in no way ambiguous when it states that we are commanded to not fear. This is God's truth, for he has not given us a spirit of fear but of love, power and a disciplined mind (1 Tim 1:9. Tonight I feel like taking a more gentle approach as much for me as anyone. 

Sometimes God's tone in scripture can feel stern and like a good father, sometimes He is. But he is amazingly in love with his children. He adores us whether we are consumed with worry and anxiety or not. His Word also comforts. He wants us to feel safe with him and lay our weary heads upon his great shoulders spiritually. . The Lord wants us strong and ready to resist the temptation to be fearful and worrisome. But he is also the gentlest and kindest dad; protecting and loving every minute we spend with Him.    Love to you.all.

2 Cor 1:3-4  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 

Isaiah 66:13  As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; and you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 41:10  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Romans 8:26-28  Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, Yowm said:

1 John 4:18 NASBS
[18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

The Lord loves the Humble," For His mercies are new every morning" Lamentations  3:21' My name is graven  on the palm of His hand Isaiah 49:16

Who am I lord that thou art mindful of me 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praise God! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

On 9/13/2018 at 7:07 PM, melodyfire said:

This is my first post here at WM aside from my intro post as a new member. Love to all.

More people seem to be suffering from anxiety than ever before; perhaps for good reason, but I won't go into all we hear on the news. That would probably defeat the purpose here as I hope to offer a bit of comfort.

I have always approached anxiety with what scripture says about fear. Well, anxiety is rooted in fear, and the Word is in no way ambiguous when it states that we are commanded to not fear. This is God's truth, for he has not given us a spirit of fear but of love, power and a disciplined mind (1 Tim 1:9. Tonight I feel like taking a more gentle approach as much for me as anyone. 

Sometimes God's tone in scripture can feel stern and like a good father, sometimes He is. But he is amazingly in love with his children. He adores us whether we are consumed with worry and anxiety or not. His Word also comforts. He wants us to feel safe with him and lay our weary heads upon his great shoulders spiritually. . The Lord wants us strong and ready to resist the temptation to be fearful and worrisome. But he is also the gentlest and kindest dad; protecting and loving every minute we spend with Him.    Love to you.all.

2 Cor 1:3-4  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 

Isaiah 66:13  As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; and you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 41:10  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Romans 8:26-28  Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Commanded not to fear, indeed. But this is not possible overall, and I find it tiresome to hear that we can be completely free of fear (Just say some Bible verses over yourself & the fear will melt away) May I ask as who made the chemical that causes fear? 

"Only fools have no fear"

Worf.

Edited by GhostMutt
Grammar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,816
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

Sometimes anxiety can be clinical due to a prolonged period of stress or illness and we need medical intervention to correct the imbalance and let our nervous system heal. This is not a lack of faith, its just our imperfect bodies.

This is very true.  Not everything is a lack of faith.  Physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional trauma is real.  Anxiety is real and many times God sends help in the form of meds, doctors, competent physicians/counselors, and more.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Reading the story of Much Afraid, in the book Hinds Feet of High Places by Hannah Hurnard has helped me a lot with finding peace from God, and Acceptance with Joy of my situation.

Hinds Feet of High Places by Hannah Hurnard 

It's a very good book and I might read it again :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Anyone hear that says they have no fear is a fool. Do you fear a rattlesnake, a churching bull.  would share a cage with one.

I have heart disease. Many times anxiety causes attacks that mimic heart pain. you don't know where it comes from. At times when you feel no fear at all yet its there.