• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

If the goal is to see what is, then why a mirror; a reverse image where left is right and right is left? Could I not have a camera and screen instead, so as to see things of me as they are?

If I look in a mirror, do I see me as others see me? I think that is not the case; for again, my right is on my left in a mirror, but  not so to the eye that sees me. And maybe that is the way with God's sight into my heart and soul as well. God sees me  as I am, whereas I see what I think I should look like and be, but my right is on the left and my left is on the right.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Thought you were on the far right, only to discover you are on the far left. Sorry man.
Up date!
Take a picture of yourself (in the mirror), hold it up to the mirror.  Ta da!!

Edited by Gary Lee
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Thought you were on the far right, only to discover you are on the far left. Sorry man.
Up date!
Take a picture of yourself (in the mirror), hold it up to the mirror.  Ta da!!

Hi don't think so. Stick a right hand finger in the right ear, take a picture in the mirror, look at the picture, isn't it a picture of a left hand finger in a left ear? The finger in in the picture  though it appears to be the left hand pointing into the left ear does not have a wedding on it like the left hand does for real. Because it i snot th eleft hand it only looks like it in the picture.

Anyway the point is that  no matter how I look I do not see me as I am  only as i appear to be.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

:)  And then there is 

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.  I Sam 16:7 KJV

One of the most blessed things in life is to be able to start to see ourselves (and others) as God sees us as the unique person He intends for us to become and to stop seeing ourselves (and others) through the masks, expectations, and burdens we've carried around much of our lives.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi don't think so. Stick a right hand finger in the right ear, take a picture in the mirror, look at the picture, isn't it a picture of a left hand finger in a left ear? The finger in in the picture  though it appears to be the left hand pointing into the left ear does not have a wedding on it like the left hand does for real. Because it i snot th eleft hand it only looks like it in the picture.

Anyway the point is that  no matter how I look I do not see me as I am  only as i appear to be.

Au contraire mon ami. You forgot to look in the mirror while holding the picture up to it. What you're seeing is what you ask for.
How another person see's you.  (This isn't the matrix)....
default_cool2.gif.a0d7fe6dfee4da18127233f7218e7236.gif

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

God sees me  as I am, whereas I see what I think I should look like and be, but my right is on the left and my left is on the right.

For sure, God is light, and discerns our inward parts. (When we hide His word inside our heart, the LIGHT exposes any darkness)

"God regards the greatness of the love that prompts the man , rather than the greatness of his achievement"

• Thumbs Up 1