• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

hello

i have a mental health diagnosis

recently i was put on compulsory treatment order in a court hearing in front of a judge by my doctor with help of false testimonies.

he falsely claimed that i have a history of worrying about people put poison in my food, this is not true.

he claimed i refused a heavier dose of this previous medication i am on, which is not true because i have specifically told my key worker i am open to higher dose of my previous medication. i was reluctant to be on new medications with nasty side effects.

he said in one of our previous appointments, i was hurrying to leave because i said i need to go back to school, and later on he found me hanging outside the clinic leisurely. i am pretty sure i said no such thing. it appeared he stated this to discredit me to the judge.....

there are other false testimonies as well

when he tried to launched CTO against me, at one point he said coldly to me "you are not working with us, you don't trust us"

it is true i did not fully trust them because of my negative experience with mental health professionals in the past, as well as how this physician had conducted himself. but i have always tried to answer their questions as much as i could. and his behavior now just confirmed i was right about him in the first place.

where i live, we have this thing called the mental health act, it is designed to safe guard patients' human rights and acknowledging in the process that physicians can and do abuse patients, otherwise there would be no need of having safe guards in place.

but here is mine problem, i can't talk to people about the dilemma i am in because when it comes to mental health, most people tend have their tinted glasses on when they listen to you, and they tend to want to give the physicians the benefit of doubts as take whatever they say at face value.

i don't know what to do, i am a little bit scared of this doctor right now because now i am under compulsory treatment, he can do whatever he wants, and he has already proven himself to be dishonest and without integrity by lying in an attempt to put me under this order.

i am currently experiencing side effects with mine new medication, but i am concerned he will not agree to change it back to mine old medications, which i did not experienced side effects on or agree to reduce the dosage. he has already dismissed mine concern once by stating the symptoms i am experiencing is considered rare for this drug, but when i do research on the net, it says one in 10 people experience the type of side effects i am experiencing.

anyway, the point of me thread is to get advice on how i can talk to people about this type of things and getting a fair shot of them listening to me with an open mind

i also don't know how to trust God in the midst of it when truth did not prevail and there does not seem to be likelihood of it ever does.....

Edited by Equippers
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Equippers said:

hello

anyway, the point of me thread is to get advice on how i can talk to people about this type of things and getting a fair shot of them listening to me with an open mind

i also don't know how to trust God in the midst of it when truth did not prevail and there does not seem to be likelihood of it ever does.....

Hi Equippers,

You certainly are going through a challenging time. GandalfTheWise has given you very good advice that is very practical. My thoughts to add are that man`s systems in any area are faulty and you will not get justice or truth prevailing there.

The second part of your problem is a trust issue with God. Are you a believer? Sounds as though you are, however have you made the Lord, lord of your life. Is He just a Saviour to you, or have you totally given over your life to Him. Are you addressing sins that keep you from hearing God. He does not want these things that will eventually kill you, as part of your life. I believe you know the areas that God is highlighting to you. Give them over to Him and then your relationship with God can be honest, and not deceitful.

(BTW to those reading I have had personal PM`s with Equippers, and he will know what I am saying.)

praying, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Equippers! Do you have any options for a second opinion preferably by an accredited physician from another, unaffiliated medical institution than the one treating you to show impartiality? Do you have a lawyer representing you? A Christian attorney and Christian physician for a second opinion would seem to be your best defense IMHO. 

Praying that this issue gets resolved justly and that you receive the help God deems best for you.

Sincerely!!! ? 

• Group:  Diamond Member

35 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Equippers,

You certainly are going through a challenging time. GandalfTheWise has given you very good advice that is very practical. My thoughts to add are that man`s systems in any area are faulty and you will not get justice or truth prevailing there.

The second part of your problem is a trust issue with God. Are you a believer? Sounds as though you are, however have you made the Lord, lord of your life. Is He just a Saviour to you, or have you totally given over your life to Him. Are you addressing sins that keep you from hearing God. He does not want these things that will eventually kill you, as part of your life. I believe you know the areas that God is highlighting to you. Give them over to Him and then your relationship with God can be honest, and not deceitful.

(BTW to those reading I have had personal PM`s with Equippers, and he will know what I am saying.)

praying, Marilyn.

hello

yes, i am a Christian. i have decided to stay celibate to honor Him though i do struggle in this area.

what do you mean by them over to Him though?

do you mean that i can hand over things to God and trust He will take care of me regardless what happens......

20 minutes ago, RockyMidnight said:

Hello Equippers! Do you have any options for a second opinion preferably by an accredited physician from another, unaffiliated medical institution than the one treating you to show impartiality? Do you have a lawyer representing you? A Christian attorney and Christian physician for a second opinion would seem to be your best defense IMHO. 

Praying that this issue gets resolved justly and that you receive the help God deems best for you.

Sincerely!!! ? 

thank you the question is how to find a Christian physician.

1 hour ago, Equippers said:

thank you the question is how to find a Christian physician.

Hi Equippers. If you are allowed to request a second opinion, stipulate that you want it from a Christian doctor. Where are you located?

4 minutes ago, RockyMidnight said:

Hi Equippers. If you are allowed to request a second opinion, stipulate that you want it from a Christian doctor. Where are you located?

hello

i am from nz

8 minutes ago, Equippers said:

hello

i am from nz

Then there should be no problems finding Christian doctors. Perhaps this organization can help'

Christian Medical Fellowship of New Zealand is a group of Christian doctors and medical students throughout New Zealand with a passion for serving Christ through their work in medicine. We are encouraging people to think about what it means to be a Christian doctor.
C/O TSCF
P.O.Box 9672
Marion Square
Wellington 6141
New Zealand

Can you request a second opinion?

Here's the google results om New Zealand Christian attorneys.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Christian+lawyers+in+New+Zealand&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS794US794&oq=Christian+lawyers+in+New+Zealand&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.15239j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Cheers!!! :)

Edited by RockyMidnight
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, RockyMidnight said:

Then there should be no problems finding Christian doctors. Perhaps this organization can help'

Christian Medical Fellowship of New Zealand is a group of Christian doctors and medical students throughout New Zealand with a passion for serving Christ through their work in medicine. We are encouraging people to think about what it means to be a Christian doctor.
C/O TSCF
P.O.Box 9672
Marion Square
Wellington 6141
New Zealand

Can you request a second opinion?

Here's the google results om New Zealand Christian attorneys.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Christian+lawyers+in+New+Zealand&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS794US794&oq=Christian+lawyers+in+New+Zealand&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.15239j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Cheers!!! :)

The above is a great resource for you!   I was thinking you should try to get another doctor.  Perhaps if you get a second opinion and they agree with you, you can get your original doctor to make the proper changes to your medication.   Or you might ask for help in changing doctors entirely.   That would be the most ideal solution.... let's pray about that!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1