Jump to content
justme007

Going through The Bible

Recommended Posts

Daily Bible studies. Listening to the chapters over and over again and reading them at the same time. Understanding something new every day. Witnessing miracles! The less of the world - the better! All the time we have needs to be used for worship and spiritual growth!

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that is nice I suppose, but most of us need to feed our faces and the faces of family, and to help our brethren too. That requires more than reading and listening to the Bible.

While we are not of this world we are indeed in it. Our work effort need reflect that servants of Christ Jesus are not slackers, but instead are outstanding workers, for that too is part of of testimony by saints in Christ Jesus. Saints are to go the extra mile doing more than is commanded by rulers and overseers.

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justme007 said:

Daily Bible studies. Listening to the chapters over and over again and reading them at the same time. Understanding something new every day. Witnessing miracles! The less of the world - the better! All the time we have needs to be used for worship and spiritual growth!

Amen.

Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—
(1Pe 2:2)
 

  • Praise God! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, justme007 said:

Daily Bible studies. Listening to the chapters over and over again and reading them at the same time. Understanding something new every day. Witnessing miracles! The less of the world - the better! All the time we have needs to be used for worship and spiritual growth!

Hold on to that first love, it will spread  (super)naturally...........

  • Praise God! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Hold on to that first love, it will spread  (super)naturally...........

That is right Gary .   oh let the people feast on the bible and be reminded what the whole walk is really all about .    About HONORING the ONE who has saved us

in all we do , think or say .     Now raise those hands up in praise to the Lord .   

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While giving thanks to God in all things, put those hands to work! Be at work feeding family, helping widows and orphans, while enduring all that inflicts and affects the flesh. Do so while knowing the faith of Jesus  is the hope that is certain in and for us. It is by Jesus that  each  that are called are saved to eternal life with God. The saints  in Christ are to work, faith is not a passive thing it requires work of hands and mind with reading  the word and prayer and exposition too.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

While giving thanks to God in all things, put those hands to work! Be at work feeding family, helping widows and orphans, while enduring all that inflicts and affects the flesh. Do so while knowing the faith of Jesus  is the hope that is certain in and for us. It is by Jesus that  each  that are called are saved to eternal life with God. The saints  in Christ are to work, faith is not a passive thing it requires work of hands and mind with reading  the word and prayer and exposition too.. 

Yes, 'we' should 'put those hands to work'', as in God's work(ing) through us, not forgetting what Jesus said to Mary and Martha, about worship,
              Luke 10:38-42    "Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

                                            Get those hands up, peoples!!!!

Edited by Gary Lee
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer to quietly give thanks to God for each thing of my day, the up close parking space and the opportunity to walk some distance  from that far away space as well. I can do so better and safer with my hands on the steering heel, but anyone else can their throw hands up, if they're of a mind to. Thank you Lord for the privilege of doing either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely! I like it. There is nothing to compare with immersing oneself in the Word of God. This world is fleeting. I am concerned with my soul's destiny. I am joyful at the incredible thought of being with Lord Jesus forever. 

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×