JoeCanada

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

‘If you want to judge how well a person understands Christianity, find out how much he makes of the thought of being God’s child, and having God as his Father.

If this is not the thought that prompts and controls his worship and prayers and his whole outlook on life, it means that he does not understand Christianity very well at all.’ (Lee Stroebel, The Case for Grace)

1 Cor 6:18......"And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty"

Gal 3:26......"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus"

Gal 4:7........"Thou art no more a servant, but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God thru Christ"

John 1:12....."But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"

1 John 3:1......" What manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God"

Edited by JoeCanada
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/17/2018 at 1:15 PM, JoeCanada said:

‘If you want to judge how well a person understands Christianity, find out how much he makes of the thought of being God’s child, and having God as his Father.

If this is not the thought that prompts and controls his worship and prayers and his whole outlook on life, it means that he does not understand Christianity very well at all.’ (Lee Stroebel, The Case for Grace)

1 Cor 6:18......"And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty"

Gal 3:26......"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus"

Gal 4:7........"Thou art no more a servant, but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God thru Christ"

John 1:12....."But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name"

1 John 3:1......" What manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God"

I am not quite sure what to make out of it, 

I am not sure that those were the instructions. 

As they may be view as Judging somehow...

What servant means in the scripture above....

What is this comparison of the servants and the sons....

Hope are proper questions....

Thank you for your post...

21 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not quite sure what to make out of it, 

I am not sure that those were the instructions. 

As they may be view as Judging somehow...

What servant means in the scripture above....

What is this comparison of the servants and the sons....

Hope are proper questions....

Thank you for your post...

Hi friend...

If you want to judge how well a person understands Christianity......

I think this is saying....."if you want to know,(judge)....if you want to dig deep....if you want to authenticate

Being a Christian is having a relationship with God the Father.  We are not to look at Him as some fearful deity whose ready to pounce on us the moment we mess up, which He knows we'll do. 

He loves us more than we can ever imagine. When we  have anxiety about something or have sorrow or are in pain or anything else, we are to crawl in His lap and have Him put His loving arms around us. 

He is full of mercy, and grace, and forgiveness. No matter what, HE LOVES US.

" For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship. and by Him we cry....ABBA FATHER....." Romans 8:15 

A servant is someone who is, well, basically a slave. He's hired to do tasks for His master. But God tells us we are not servants....but SONS (daughters). A son is heir of all the Father has. A father speaks highly of his son. Even the prodigal who sold his inheritance for a meal, when he came back to his father....his father threw him a party and put a robe on him and honored with  fattened cattle and choice wine. 

When you pray, you should envision a Father who knows your strengths and weaknesses, who knows your beginning and end. He allows you to meet Him in your own way, with an intimacy that can only be felt between the Creator and the created........

ABBA....FATHER

Yes, your questions are proper. Thank you for them. I hope my explanations answer them. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. 

1 hour ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi friend...

If you want to judge how well a person understands Christianity......

I think this is saying....."if you want to know,(judge)....if you want to dig deep....if you want to authenticate

Being a Christian is having a relationship with God the Father.  We are not to look at Him as some fearful deity whose ready to pounce on us the moment we mess up, which He knows we'll do. 

He loves us more than we can ever imagine. When we  have anxiety about something or have sorrow or are in pain or anything else, we are to crawl in His lap and have Him put His loving arms around us. 

He is full of mercy, and grace, and forgiveness. No matter what, HE LOVES US.

" For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship. and by Him we cry....ABBA FATHER....." Romans 8:15 

A servant is someone who is, well, basically a slave. He's hired to do tasks for His master. But God tells us we are not servants....but SONS (daughters). A son is heir of all the Father has. A father speaks highly of his son. Even the prodigal who sold his inheritance for a meal, when he came back to his father....his father threw him a party and put a robe on him and honored with  fattened cattle and choice wine. 

When you pray, you should envision a Father who knows your strengths and weaknesses, who knows your beginning and end. He allows you to meet Him in your own way, with an intimacy that can only be felt between the Creator and the created........

ABBA....FATHER

Yes, your questions are proper. Thank you for them. I hope my explanations answer them. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. 

Hello JC, thank you for your reply. 

We do not have to be careful, For the right time..

What you suggest it's good, we should learn to discern the spiritual growth of others, so we learn to live them alone.

Even if we believe that they need corection, we should leave them alone...

Now if you believe that strong food is for you, I have something to share with you....

You know the scriptures, and what I am about to share with you it is known to you.

You know that the Father has given everything to Jesus , that he put him in charge of eveything...

We call him Lord..

Even thought you speak like he is your Lord only in title. 

You said so many things and you start with "God the Father"...

You should have said, " Jesus Christ our Lord who is looking after us , who is the one to whom God the Father gave all authority, even the Holy Spirit for his ministry. 

Jesus has the burden to look after everything.

In his name every knee shal bow. 

He is all in all, the government is upon his shoulders...

He rains and he rules...

Study for yourself, not just follow the mainstream...

And please get back to me....

I like discutions like that...and we have more...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

A Son or Daughter can decide to willingly serve their Father.. but a Son of Daughter does not then suddenly become a mere servant simply because they are serving their Father..

To their Loving Father they will always be their Daughter or Son..

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Adstar said:

A Son or Daughter can decide to willingly serve their Father.. but a Son of Daughter does not then suddenly become a mere servant simply because they are serving their Father..

What you suggest its right...

You are a son or daughter by right, by the name of the one who redeemed you Jesus Christ.

The writer of this saying had included your suggestions but there was another important reason why he made this comparison. 

The writer was born and live a good part of his life under the old Covenant and he also live the later part of his life in the new Covenant. 

Been a knowledgeable individual of the spiritual matters of the old and the new covenant, he somehow preach the Gospel in this profound way. 

In the old no one was part of the family of God, within the meaning of having the right to live in his house as a son or daughter if it matters. 

The house of the Lord beeing the Temple...

And him beeing in the most Holy of Holies, and the Cherub worshiping him and guarding the most Holy Place..

The High Priests and or those designated for service in the most Holy Place were allowed to enter the most Holy Place with limited permition only. And to do a service. "Servants". 

And the Priests only were allowed in the Holy Place only for doing the Services. "Servants". 

So were only Servants, not all the other people who were not allowed to enter even the Holy Place, and remained outside, of the Holy Place, but only the Priests because it was part of their inheritance. 

But comparing them with the heirs of the knew Covenant, they did not have many of the things that come with the Sons of the knew Covenant. 

They did not have a Heavenly Inheritance, they did not have the life or even better said the eternal Life. 

Jesus gives what he has the ETERNAL LIFE. 

In the New as Sons we can enter the most Holy Place , at the time of death we ascent, because we heirs of the heavens together with Jesus Christ,  we do not discent in the bossom of Abraham as in the old covenants..

Abraham has been ascended , the old is finish...

We enter the gates with thanks giving in our heart, through the new way.....in the name of Jesus. . 

And many other things we can search and compare between the old and the. New covenant. 

Those who are the Sons of God in the name of Jesus and with the ETERNAL LIFE and the Spirit of God being heirs of Heavenly things. Being one with Christ having of his Spirit and for that reason one with God. 

On 10/6/2018 at 8:41 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello JC, thank you for your reply. 

We do not have to be careful, For the right time..

What you suggest it's good, we should learn to discern the spiritual growth of others, so we learn to live them alone.

Even if we believe that they need corection, we should leave them alone...

Now if you believe that strong food is for you, I have something to share with you....

You know the scriptures, and what I am about to share with you it is known to you.

You know that the Father has given everything to Jesus , that he put him in charge of eveything...

We call him Lord..

Even thought you speak like he is your Lord only in title. 

You said so many things and you start with "God the Father"...

You should have said, " Jesus Christ our Lord who is looking after us , who is the one to whom God the Father gave all authority, even the Holy Spirit for his ministry. 

Jesus has the burden to look after everything.

In his name every knee shal bow. 

He is all in all, the government is upon his shoulders...

He rains and he rules...

Study for yourself, not just follow the mainstream...

And please get back to me....

I like discutions like that...and we have more...

Hi closest friend....

Yes, Jesus is both Savior and Lord of my life. Praise his name......

In the sermon on the mount, Jesus instructs us about prayer,

Matthew 6:6 King James Version (KJV)

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 6:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Jesus is our advocate. He intercedes for us. To whom?.....to the Father of course.

We ask all things of the Father, in the name of His Son Jesus. 

Can we pray to Jesus?....Well, of course we can. But let me suggest if this is the predominant way we pray we may lose something of enormous importance. We may lose sight of the glorious gospel with the Father as the architect of our salvation, the Son as the achiever, and the Spirit as the applier. 

(“For through him [Jesus] we both [Jew and Gentile believers] have access in one Spirit to the Father” (Eph. 2:18). The Holy Spirit's role is to give us such an affection for the Father and the Son that we're motivated to approach the Godhead in this way. Prayer to the Father, it must be acknowledged, is where the weight of emphasis falls in the New Testament revelation.) https://www.thegospelcoalition.org

John 16:23-24"Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full. "In that day you will not question Me about anything Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

Hello JC, 

The Father gave to Jesus Christ all authority in Heaven and on Earth, and made him Lord and Judge of all..that what Paul said: 

Every knee shall bow down to him....

Steven describe the same thing just before his death ...

Jesus told the disciples the samething at the time of the great commission...

All authority on Heaven and on Earth has been given unto me....

Go and give this Gospel into the whole world, beginning from Jerusalem...

That what Stephen did in Jerusalem..

He said to the Jews that they will kneel and Judge by the one they had Crusified...

Because God had raised Jesus  from the dead and sittted him on the Trone making him Lord and Judge of all. 

Do you know why the Jews freak out and stoned Stephen to death...

Because Stephen was telling them that there is no more a distinction between a Jew and a Gentile...

Stephen with the discription of his vision to the Jews....

Was telling them that God in Jesus CHRIST had reconciled the whole world to himself....

And at the same time with faith in Jesus Christ they gained among other things the ETERNAL LIFE and a Heavenly Inheritance...

Stephen was telling them suggestivly that there is no more Abraham's Bossom....

But there is Jesus Bossom and that is in Hwavents. 

Stephen suggested that  ...there is one Lord and one Judge , the same one for both the Jew and the Gentile...

Stephen was telling them suggestivly , between the lines, that the Lord God of the Jews who had started a family from the seed of Abraham he cannot bless them , he cannot punish them and he cannot protect them from the judgement of Jesus Christ...

In a nut cell , he was telling them that Abraham has Join Jesus by believing that he is the Christ and he is with him in the Heavens ,,

The Christ Jesus who has inherted heavens...

And encourage them to join Abraham in Heavens by also believing in Jesus as the Christ...

Then DISCIPLES preach that Jesus Christ was their Lord God of the Jews,,

Who left everything to be born as one of rhem ...

EMMANUEL

GOD WITH US..

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,536
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 10/6/2018 at 11:54 PM, Adstar said:

Shalom, Adstar.

Yeah, you're right. Around our house, when a son or daughter was serving his or her father or mother, we called them "CHORES."

• Thumbs Up 1