Marriage

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was saved shortly after being married. My husband was a pagan when we were married. After I was saved. He wanted to divorce because he said he promised himself he would never marry a Christian. I said no to that. And began reading my bible for the first time. I learned about pagans and quickly realised I did not want to be married to a pagan. After weeks  of prayer and fasting God told me to tell him to renounce his pagan faith or I would leave. My husband did in fact renounce his pagan faith. Fast forward 8 years. We have done a whole lot of fighting and marriage counseling. It came to my attention in a recent session he has never gotten over renouncing his faith. He has yet to accept the Lord as his savior and he has also been diagnosed with adjustment disorder. I feel I am the head of the household spiritually and in all other aspects of responsibility. I just want to be with someone who I can live my life for Jesus. I feel I am missing out on a whole other life. My husband isnt just a non follower but he despises everything to do with Jesus. I want to be able to openly pray before dinner or read my bible without it being WWIII. I've read every scripture there is about marriage. Paul says to stay as u were when u were called. After 8 years I'm just exhausted and I just want to be happy. I have the joy of the spirit but I am not happy. I really dont know what to do. Please help. Any advice is appreciated. TIA

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,233
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

So to question is, does your unbelieving husband still wish to leave you?  If he does, you should let him go.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

When thinking a marriage to be hard one might read  seeking out  God's purpose in one particular marriage- that  of the one to Gomer ( Hosea 1 ).

Many tribulations come, some last and last and last it seems way too long- But why what is the why of it? Does it lead to the glory of God, does it become a testimony of Christ Jesus as Lord God and savior?

Has not our Lord Jesus suffered long as Lord of our shame, all to the Glory of God the Father? What is expected of each of us, where is the testimony of victory in Jesus in our own living  of life in the flesh? 

Personally I like to think I would start by assessing my own temptation to declare my spouse to be a pagan.  I suspect thinking  that would adversely affect my countenance all day long. I might find better ways to say think and believe on the thought my spouse is not yet turned about to their repentance from their sin against God. I do have hope  that is certain in the prayers to God for that turning, I will not give up on that hope. I will Live in hope of the turning about as being a certainty, and  less in the present moment of despair. I will try to not be  legalistic about prayer over food, I could even pray thanks after consuming it and could do so privately.

I will find way to count it all for joy, though it is hard to do so, in what I have for it has been given me by God.

As the excellent song of hope declares and encourages- Joy comes in the morning.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Songs of hope may seem too easy- till one grabs the heart and carries the day, and it's load

"Joy Comes In The Morning"  Bill Gaither

If you've knelt beside the rubble of an aching broken heart
When the things you gave your life to fell apart
You're not the first to be acquainted with sorrow, grief or pain
But the master promised sunshine after rain

Chours
Hold on my child joy comes in the morning
Weeping only last for the night
Hold on my child Joy comes in the morning
The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight

To invest your seeds of trust in God in mountains you can't move
You have risked your life on things you cannot prove