IGNORED

What angers me most

The using of Jesus Christ's precious name as swearing. I am sick of it on TV and everywhere. I DO object, i question it. Do you?  If not, why not. People do it without thinking but that is no excuse. Surely if we say nothing we are denying Him. He who died for us all. It is shameful and those who do it will be judged accordingly. I do not swear at all and do not tolerate it around me. Foul foolish words emanate from hearts that are the same. What comes from the mouth is what is in the heart.

Why is the name of Allah or Mohammed not used and trashed like this? We all know why. Because the payment would be immediate. They have pride in their religion. That in itself is admirable. 

What do you think? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Melinda,

I also do not like swearing or taking the Lord`s name in vain. However we need to remember that people are in darkness and it is a habit which is demonically inspired.

The name of Jesus represents His character and authority. The enemy is trying to belittle that in people`s eyes and thus it is used as a swear word, blasphemy. People would not know why they use His name, but maybe would say - everyone does it, it makes me feel better, (ie angry expression).

If you have an opportunity with some one and can gently say - ~Did you know that all legal documents must have a date related to this man`s birthday?` (eg 2018 AD or 200 B.C.)

The word `bloody` is also used as a swear word. Now blood is life giving and the blood of Jesus is the most precious thing there is for cleansing us of our sin.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

...Why is the name of Allah or Mohammed not used and trashed like this? ....

...Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains.  You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.  Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door.  As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.

But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation."....

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We are not here to enforce law... but to show why The Lord Jesus' name is to be Hallowed by His Love poured out through us to them...

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

The using of Jesus Christ's precious name as swearing. I am sick of it on TV and everywhere. I DO object, i question it. Do you?  If not, why not. People do it without thinking but that is no excuse. Surely if we say nothing we are denying Him. He who died for us all. It is shameful and those who do it will be judged accordingly. I do not swear at all and do not tolerate it around me. Foul foolish words emanate from hearts that are the same. What comes from the mouth is what is in the heart.

Why is the name of Allah or Mohammed not used and trashed like this? We all know why. Because the payment would be immediate. They have pride in their religion. That in itself is admirable. 

What do you think? 

I do understand you completely. It's horrible.

Bu to give you a piece of mind...I am not a native English speaker and in my language (Christian country...Hungary) calling Jesus name in any kind of expression is very rear. We have many swear words which is very bad. At some point I would say Hungarian men swear more than English but Jesus name is tabu.

But I did notice that Jesus name in English is used really badly. Which irritates me as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

If you think that is bad, you should know the British base a lot of their swear words on mocking Jesus. For instance the word “bloody” has to do with mocking Christ’s blood and there are s plethora of others too. 

We ahould never take the Lord’s name in vain and His name is Jesus Christ (Romans 10:9, Phillipians 2:1-11). 

What is strange is you never hear curse words where someone shouts “O Buddha!” Or “Allah *insert expletive*”. The reason? Because the cursing in Jesus’ name is antichrist and The enemy is only interested in discrediting and attacking the True God Jesus Christ’s Name, not those of the false gods. 

Guest PinkBelt

It might have something to do with the fact that the western world is predominately Judeo-Christian. In the middle east they do in fact have insults derived from Allah and Islam. The reason you don't hear them is because you don't live there.

Regardless I consider using those terms blasphemous and highly rude. I don't tolerate it in my home or in my personal space and everyone who knows me is well aware.

• Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I gently remind as I think it is simply  common way of filling in  or emphasizing rather than trying to be profane. None the less I ask  that it not be done as it is careless speech. To the truly profane I have the following comment-" Excessive profanity is the mark of an ignorant person." That doesn't make friends, but it tend to stop the stream of profanities. 

And I remember I too was exceptionally profane at one time of my life. It was the way  we talked, in our ignorance.  Guess the profanity  is a clue that the person using it  may be a good candidate to share testimony of Christ Jesus with, I think I'll ask the Holy Spirit to lead me to a good way  of transistioning to just that when I hear the careless epithets thrown about.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

What do you think? 

And the thing most are not realizing is that when its on tv , Its done ON PURPOSE .  I mean its scripted IN to use that .   but  I bet if they did it with the name allah

the left and most would be enraged and see it as hate speech .     Talk about darkness .   but this is the way it is and has gotten much worse over the years .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And the thing most are not realizing is that when its on tv , Its done ON PURPOSE .  I mean its scripted IN to use that .   but  I bet if they did it with the name allah

the left and most would be enraged and see it as hate speech .     Talk about darkness .   but this is the way it is and has gotten much worse over the years .

Indeed, in Charlie Hepo, France, they made cartoon of Muhammad and the staff involved in that column were killed by Jihadists. 

No one mocks the Muslim god and their prophet because of fear. They mock our One True God Jesus because they know we are under love and obligated to love our enemies and so they know we won’t retaliate. 

But in the end Christ will recompense them (John 3:18, Revelation 20:15, Revelation 21:8) and their blasphemies if unrepented, and they will be met with wrath (Revelation 19:11-16, Zachariah 14:3,  2 Peter 3). They may laugh and mock now, but they who rejected God and His love (John 3:16-18, 2 Thessalonians 2:12) shall receive wrath and the Second Death in the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor