What angers me most

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Is not the book of Job the oldest in the bible .  Well they were cursing God then, so it goes on today and will get worse as the time goes on.  The time may be coming when either you deny or confess who you serve and all we have to remember  the disciples that deny and forsook Jesus.  

The slave is not greater than the master and if they persecuted him, then you would be no lesser  John 15:20

Job 2:9 New International Version (NIV)

His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!”

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Any way of using God or Jesus' name in vain is bad and should be prohibited.  I did it as an immature youth and an unbeliever because other used it.  Yes, it's easy to learn and pick up from pop culture and people around us.  That was how I learn most of the inappropriate terms.  But since becoming a Christian, the least I could do is to stop myself and others from swearing, especially using Jesus or God's name in vain, or fake-pray to win in board/card games, or use urge one to drink because Jesus drank when He was on Earth.  I have other examples, but all just show how much unbelievers need spiritual discernment. 

However, I must admit that I had directly swore at Him before when expressing my frustrations and anger during a time of doubt and sadness, which isn't a good example to follow, but at the time I did that because I knew He would listen and cared for me.

Edited by John_Leung

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Unbelievers who do this often don't even realize it is wrong.  The Holy Spirit is not yet convicting them of sin, righteousness and judgement.  They don't understand that they are mishandling that which is sacred to us, and when they are informed often they do it just to irritate us.  It is hard to ignore.

Nevertheless, God demonstrates His love for us in that it is while we were yet sinners that Christ died for us.  God looks beyond the offense to see their need.  He has had pity on all of us.  

It is almost like having people bad mouth our family in our presence;  it is very personal and wounds the Spirit of God within us.  But all of us have sinned and come short of the glory of God.  Unless we forgive and see their need, we cannot demonstrate Gods love.  

Anyone who has worked or lived among unbelievers has struggled with this.  

Joh 3:17  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Pick on the ignorant sinners. What about many christians and their favorite 'Oh my God' here and 'Oh my God there'. Is that not in vain?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I cringe when people use the Lord’s name in vain. He should be praised!  Someday every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!!!

Edited by Kristin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

On 9/18/2018 at 2:54 AM, Melinda12 said:

The using of Jesus Christ's precious name as swearing. I am sick of it on TV and everywhere. I DO object, i question it. Do you?  If not, why not. People do it without thinking but that is no excuse. Surely if we say nothing we are denying Him. He who died for us all. It is shameful and those who do it will be judged accordingly. I do not swear at all and do not tolerate it around me. Foul foolish words emanate from hearts that are the same. What comes from the mouth is what is in the heart.

Why is the name of Allah or Mohammed not used and trashed like this? We all know why. Because the payment would be immediate. They have pride in their religion. That in itself is admirable. 

What do you think? 

i agree 100%