• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/17/2004

Hello. I know it may sound dumb but I'm worried about rapture. It's not like I'm not born again. Iaccepted Jesus as my Lord months ago but i feel like I'm not exactly Christian material. I want to grow and a lot of people have told me that I've grown spiritually but i don't feel it. I feel like no matter what i do i sin and I'm scared that one day it'll be too late for Jesus to forgive me and I'll be left behind. That's why i do my best. I'm different from how i was but is it enough. When i sin in any way,  i go to God in prayer but sometimes i feel he won't forgive me anymore. I know i shouldn't beat myself up all the time but i feel terrible because I'm hurting God. I mean all God has done had been for my good. He never hurt me. He even Died for me and this is how i repay him??? I don't blame God is he decides to leave me behind and today i just watched a Youtube video about rapture so i feel guilty. I wonder if I'll even go to heaven. I mean I've met a lot of highly spiritual Christians who when compared to me make me look like a rash. They know all the words, verses, stories and everything. I don't mean to sound jealous I'm just pointing out that to Jesus when he's selecting the godly i might not be picked. It's terrible to feel like this. I want to grow. I want to be ready for his coming. Please help. Any advice will be appreciated. 

Thank you. God bless you

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

4 hours ago, Chrisy said:

Hello. I know it may sound dumb but I'm worried about rapture. It's not like I'm not born again. Iaccepted Jesus as my Lord months ago but i feel like I'm not exactly Christian material. I want to grow and a lot of people have told me that I've grown spiritually but i don't feel it. I feel like no matter what i do i sin and I'm scared that one day it'll be too late for Jesus to forgive me and I'll be left behind. That's why i do my best. I'm different from how i was but is it enough. When i sin in any way,  i go to God in prayer but sometimes i feel he won't forgive me anymore. I know i shouldn't beat myself up all the time but i feel terrible because I'm hurting God. I mean all God has done had been for my good. He never hurt me. He even Died for me and this is how i repay him??? I don't blame God is he decides to leave me behind and today i just watched a Youtube video about rapture so i feel guilty. I wonder if I'll even go to heaven. I mean I've met a lot of highly spiritual Christians who when compared to me make me look like a rash. They know all the words, verses, stories and everything. I don't mean to sound jealous I'm just pointing out that to Jesus when he's selecting the godly i might not be picked. It's terrible to feel like this. I want to grow. I want to be ready for his coming. Please help. Any advice will be appreciated. 

Thank you. God bless you

Hi Chrisy....

That's a genuine cry from the heart.

I hope you are that open with God. He's your Heavenly Father. He loves you more than you'll ever know. It will take eternity to really appreciate how much you are loved by Him. Not only did He send His only begotten Son to take your place on the cross, but He also promises you eternal life with Him.

"  You're not good enough for God. You never will be. Oh, look at you....you pathetic sinner".....and on and on says the enemy. Wave after wave of accusations. The accuser of the believers is before God always accusing us....showing God how bad we still are. 

But thank God we have an advocate that stands for us, the Lord Jesus Christ. He's always there to intercede for us.

Was there a genuine repentance on your part, asking Jesus to forgive you of all your sins?

Did you accept that forgiveness and ask Him to be your Savior....AND....Lord of your life?

Then, that's it.

"IT IS FINISHED"

There is nothing more to add. 

What did the thief on the cross do?........ He asked for forgiveness. Jesus recognized his repentant heart, and said to him...."Today, you will be with me in paradise". Did he get baptized? Did he go to church? Did he do any good things?.......NO. 

God called you from out of this world into His light. Whatever you were, whatever condition your heart was, He accepted you the way you are. 

How many of your sins were forgiven at the cross?......All of them, every single one. They were all future weren't they? So, if after accepting the Grace of God thru the redemptive work on the cross, you happen to sin, and you will...then just ask your Father in Heaven to forgive you....thank Him for forgiving you....and carry on.

His GRACE and MERCY are fresh and new everyday. Every Day!

Blessings in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 9/18/2018 at 2:02 PM, Chrisy said:

Thank you. God bless you

Understand what salvation IS.

1) No one except Jesus Christ is morally perfect

2) Only morally perfect people can live in utopia

3) Jesus died for our sin, guilt and shame, our imperfection, then rose forever, promising eternal life

4) People who stop trusting themselves to perfect themselves and instead trust Jesus's cross and resurrection, are saved

5) Christians REMAIN imperfect, but when they meet God, they receive of the divine power to become morally perfect, citizens of Heaven

Your logical response:

1) Ensure you are saved, that you have indeed trusted Christ, not you, for salvation

2) If you haven't, do so now

3) Take a week off from trying to perfect yourself, or if you like, THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

True, biblical change to YOU will come from the inside out, not from "trying to be Christian".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your wise words. May God continually bless you always and forever in Jesus Name. Amen

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

Dear @Chrisy

It is very wise and kind from you to share these thoughts.

As other people said here, everyone have had these thoughts at some point/points in time.

Not everyone have faced them though, so some Christians aren't looking forward to that day (2Peter 3:12) because they have this fear in their subconscious.

Instead, you are facing this fear and this is honorable.

The other users had already great suggestions. The only one I add is to read the Gospel frequently. Sometimes our fear comes from not knowing, but a frequent relationship with Jesus words fills us with the Spirit and blows fear away.

To get rid of evil, the best way is not staring at evil and trying to avoid it, but staring at what is good!

God bless

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 9/19/2018 at 6:41 AM, GandalfTheWise said:

@Chrisy This does not sound dumb at all.  I think most (and probably all) Christians have felt this way at times.  I know I did early in my Christian walk.

I think one starting point is to realize what the gospel is and what it isn't.  Many Christians seem to think and act like the gospel is this:  1. God forgives us, and 2.  We then try as hard as possible to stop sinning and live the right way.   However, the gospel is really this.  1. God forgives us (and adopts us as children and puts us in a right relationship with Him) and 2. We are a new creation in Christ.   This means that God starts a new spiritual work inside of us so that over time we are changed and transformed.

God has created us to be unique individuals meant to reflect His glory in some way.  The issue is that unique person is trapped in an old sinful nature that is corrupted and will be destroyed with the rest of the world when God finally decides to rid the universe of evil and suffering once and for all.  With the new birth (or being born again or being saved or whatever word we use), God puts a new nature inside of us.  We become new creations in Christ.  We are His workmanship created for good deeds in Christ.   That unique person God made each of us to be is now being freed from the old corrupt nature and being brought into being in a new spiritual nature in Christ.   The Christian life is about watching that unique person God created you to be slowly emerge in a new spiritual nature from the rubble heap of the old corrupt nature.  It is not about trying hard to clean up and fix the old nature.  The point is that it is impossible to fix the old nature.  It is a dead end that will go out onto the garbage heap at the end of the world.   It is about learning to live as that new creation that flows through the Holy Spirit that is life everlasting.

The bible (in Galatians 5:22-23) describes such things as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control as *fruit* of the Holy Spirit.  Fruit is something that naturally emerges and grows in our lives.  It is not a goal or a new year's resolution that we work hard at achieving.  It is not about taking anger management classes to cover up the anger inside; it is about being transformed so that we don't have anger inside.  It is something that naturally emerges in our lives over time as our new nature emerges more and more.

My observation (from over 40 years as a Christian) is that sins seem to fit into 3 general categories.   First, there are sins that we can trivially address by just stopping doing them.  We realize that something is not spiritually healthy for us and we just stop.  Second, there are sins that will just disappear as we grow spiritually.  Those are the things where fruit in our lives just grows and causes some things to change over time.  Third, there are those besetting sins and bondages that require God's healing and deliverance to be free of.  Addictions, compulsive behaviors, overpowering emotional reactions, and similar things often disappear because God does something, not because we stoke up enough sincerity and discipline and willpower to change ourselves.  My observation is that these types of besetting sins often have their roots in spiritual and emotional trauma, injury, and bondage from before we were Christians.  The outward behaviors we see are often symptoms of something deep inside that God needs to heal or deliver us from in some way.  Over the years, I've heard many testimonies of various ways God healed or delivered people from such things.   Often Christians fall into the trap of treating each and every sin and failure as being a result of not trying hard enough or being sincere enough and beat themselves up over it.  The reality is that there are some things in our lives we cannot fix.  This is indeed the gospel or the Good News.  God is slowly remaking that unique person He intends each of us to be out of a new nature that is incorruptible and good.  He is doing what is impossible for us to do.

One of the things that grows over time is our trust and confidence in God Himself.  Our trust and confidence (which is what faith in God really is) comes about from knowing God more and more.  Over months and years and decades as we see His hand in our lives and others, our trust and confidence simply grows in response to Him.  Trust and confidence is not something we convince ourselves of by repeating Bible verses over and over to ourselves to try to eliminate doubt.  Trust and confidence is something that emerges deep in our hearts as we simply know that our heavenly Father is holding us in His arms and won't let us go.  We simply trust that God's heart toward us is good and that He is not holding out on us or trying to catch us in mistakes.   This is something that emerges more and more over time as we know Him more and more.   One of the things I've noted that many Christians do (been there, done that myself) is we try to eliminate doubt thinking that lack of doubt is equivalent to faith.  We might strike off looking for miracles or works of God that we think will prove to us God is really there.  We might spend time repeating certain Bible verses to ourselves over and over to try to convince ourselves not to doubt.   We might dive deep into apologetics thinking that we can learn enough facts about the historical factualness of the Bible to eliminate our doubts.  We might throw ourselves into a flurry of ministries and Christian activities so as not to even give ourselves time to think about doubt.   We basically end up trying to grow our faith in those types of things hoping it will cause us to have more faith in God.  The problem is, none of those things are trust and confidence in God Himself. Ultimately, trust and confidence in God Himself comes from walking consistently with Him over months, years, and decades.  Faith in God comes as a response to Him; it's not something we stoke up by trying hard to have more faith and less doubt.

I just had to quote these lines (I've met a lot of highly spiritual Christians who when compared to me make me look like a rash. They know all the words, verses, stories and everything) and comment on them.  In my Christian walk, I've had the opportunity to observe a lot of Christians over a long time span.  I've seen who has become fruitful over the long haul, who continued to grow and mature, and who basically stayed the same year after year as well as those who God has consistently uses to touch other people's lives in deep and meaningful ways.   I've observed that there is a huge difference between those who put on a good front (with sincere intentions and motives) because that is what they think being a Christian is about and those who have an actual spiritual maturity and depth to them that has come from years and decades of walking ever more closely with God and spiritually maturing.  The people I look for to learn from are those whose words come from a deep intimate relationship with God and who God regularly uses to touch other people's lives.  I've seen all too many people who could rattle off a string of stories, bible quotations, doctrinal positions, theological words, pray eloquent prayers, etc., but whose spiritual walk hasn't significantly changed over the years.  The main thing I look for is if characteristics such as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control are apparent in their lives and if their words consistently reflect a deep knowledge of God that has come from walking with Him for a long time and if they consistently minister life to people they interact with.

Yes......I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to Gandolf’s posts.......for that I will apologize, but nevertheless I will say it—- your post is a sheer masterpiece.Please listen to him , Christ , this man has God’s blessing upon him

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 9/21/2018 at 9:26 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Understand what salvation IS.

1) No one except Jesus Christ is morally perfect

2) Only morally perfect people can live in utopia

3) Jesus died for our sin, guilt and shame, our imperfection, then rose forever, promising eternal life

4) People who stop trusting themselves to perfect themselves and instead trust Jesus's cross and resurrection, are saved

5) Christians REMAIN imperfect, but when they meet God, they receive of the divine power to become morally perfect, citizens of Heaven

Your logical response:

1) Ensure you are saved, that you have indeed trusted Christ, not you, for salvation

2) If you haven't, do so now

3) Take a week off from trying to perfect yourself, or if you like, THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

True, biblical change to YOU will come from the inside out, not from "trying to be Christian".

....another brilliant post.....God has blessed you,  Chrisy by sending you here .Poor teaching has shipwrecked many a Believer.God does not want his Chidren to live in fear and doubt.Listen to the wisdom on display here. Learn how to rest in the finished work at the Cross and obtain that “abundant” life Jesus paid the price for.God bless you, I will be praying that you find God’s peace.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/18/2018 at 1:02 PM, Chrisy said:

Thank you. God bless you

Um... eternal forgiveness is prepaid account with God offered to every one but it must be activated by faith in Jesus.

Read in this order:

John 3:16-17 / Ephesians 2:8-10 / 1 Timothy 4:10 / 1 John 2:2 / John 3:18

If you believe in Jesus Christ every sin you ever committed, are committing, or ever will commit is already forgiven.

What you are dealing with is either the consequences of our sins down here (yep they still mess everything up down here

whether we believe in Jesus or not)... or you are feeling a disconnect from your salvation or God or both because of your sin.

Read 1 John 1:5 - 1 John 2:17 as a whole. You will see that confession (to God... Psalm 51:4) realigns you with God and your salvation.

Your forgiveness / salvation never changed. You did. Guilt, regret, consequences down here ←all good reasons to try not to sin.

But you are secure in the Father's and the Son's hands John 10:27-30. 

New focus: study the scriptures as the Author (the Holy Spirit ) interprets it... 2 Peter 1:20-21 being certain it's him 1 John 4:1 by proving this and all things 1 Thessalonians 5:21 by the scriptures Acts 17:11 / 2 Timothy 3:16-17. Seeking your personal ministry in Christ (as we are all priests of God in Christ... Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9)... and follow as the Spirit leads and directs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

God bless you all. You're the best???

Edited by Chrisy