IGNORED

Are we to sit on the throne of God in glory?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

The one who wins the victory, I will grant him to sit with Me on My throne just as I also have won the victory and have taken My seat with My Father on His throne.
Revelation 3:21

When Jesus ascended into heaven, the Word says he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. The above verse declares that Jesus is currently sitting on the throne of God. Jesus says that to those who overcome, He will give to sit on His throne just as He has taken His seat on the Father's throne. Is Jesus inviting us to sit on the throne of God with Him and in Him?

All through the New Testament I find evidence that God's ultimate goal of salavation is to bring many sons to glory, be partakers of the divine nature, sit with Jesus on His throne, be one with the Father and with Jesus as they are one with each other; we're called the Body of Christ with Christ as the head, rulers and reigners in Christ and on and on and on. To sum it up in one sentence, God is calling His born again children into His Godhead. 

This is not something I learned in sitting in church but was revealed through the Scriptures. Why is this doctrine not being taught in western churches. Eastern churches teach this doctrine faithfully (theosis, divinization, glorification) but over here it would be blasphemous to say what I just wrote above. Why? Does the Church seriously think Christ died JUST to forgive our sins. No. Peter said we are partakers in the divine nature, that same divine nature Christ possesses in addition to His human nature. So if Jesus is possessor of a human and divine nature, why wouldn't His flesh and blood born-again brethren be as well?

Think what that would do for the Church if they had that revelation.

Edited by IserveIam