IGNORED

Are we destined to sit on the throne of God?

IserveIam

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Yowm, I’m only 100%certain of 2 things. I am saved by grace 1Corinthians 15:1-6. And I am a member of the body of Christ. 1Corinthians 12:12-31, Romans12:4-5, Ephesians 4:4, Colossians 1:24, 1:18, Ephesians 1:22, 5:23, 2:19-22, John 2:19-22, Ephesians 2:19-22,Galatians 3:27, Colossians 2:19. On and on. That is what matters. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The church will, and we will all literally sit on His throne when we get there.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

19 hours ago, IserveIam said:

The one who wins the victory, I will grant him to sit with Me on My throne just as I also have won the victory and have taken My seat with My Father on His throne.
Revelation 3:21

When Jesus ascended into heaven, the Word says he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. The above verse declares that Jesus is currently sitting on the throne of God. Jesus says that to those who overcome, He will give to sit on His throne just as He has taken His seat on the Father's throne. Is Jesus inviting us to sit on the throne of God with Him and in Him?

All through the New Testament I find evidence that God's ultimate goal of salavation is to bring many sons to glory, be partakers of the divine nature, sit with Jesus on His throne, be one with the Father and with Jesus as they are one with each other; we're called the Body of Christ with Christ as the head, rulers and reigners in Christ and on and on and on. To sum it up in one sentence, God is calling His born again children into His Godhead. 

This is not something I learned in sitting in church but was revealed through the Scriptures. Why is this doctrine not being taught in western churches. Eastern churches teach this doctrine faithfully (theosis, divinization, glorification) but over here it would be blasphemous to say what I just wrote above. Why? Does the Church seriously think Christ died JUST to forgive our sins. No. Peter said we are partakers in the divine nature, that same divine nature Christ possesses in addition to His human nature. So if Jesus is possessor of a human and divine nature, why wouldn't His flesh and blood born-again brethren be as well?

Think what that would do for the Church if they had that revelation.

Hi IserveIam,

Very good topic to be discussed. Now God has written details in His word and I believe the Holy Spirit, at this time, is clarifying more truth, to bring the Body of Christ to the complete knowledge of the Lord, His character and His purposes. (Eph. 4: 13)

I agree with much of what you say -

- Jesus ascended to the Father.

- God desires to bring many sons to glory, being partakers of the divine nature.

- to sit with Jesus on His throne, ruling and reigning with Him.

I have been taught this as has many others. It is just that now is the timing for this particular truth to spread across the Body of Christ, as all the previous truths of the Lord have in the past. It is timely for the Body to come to the fullness of truth concerning the Lord and His purpose for the Body of Christ.

Then you go on and add this statement, which I believe is in error.` To sum it up in one sentence, God is calling His born again children into His Godhead. `

Now the GodHead comprises of -

-His Divine Nature, (the source)

-His abilities, - omnipresent, omnipotent, & omniscient.

The Body of Christ will have the Divine nature, as through the Lord, BUT WE will NOT have the capabilities of (omni...) all present, all power, & all knowing.

The throne/authority that the Lord is talking about is in the highest of the created order, the third heaven. There the Lord in His glorified body, will be given that authority by the Father, because of His sacrifice and overcoming the enemy. He is the Kingpriest over the whole order of kingpriests, who will rule from that realm.

As deity the Lord is also in the Godhead `far above all...` This authority is beyond all created realms. (Eph. 1: 20 - 23)

Each realm must come under the direct rule of the Lord, visible rulership, the wondrous, glorified Son of Man, in the heavens ruling, bringing all into harmony, unity and fellowship with God.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, IserveIam said:

John saw Christ, and in that same book he states that we will be just like Him when He appears because we shall see Him as He is. Not similiar, but just like Him.

The author of Hebrews quoted David and asked what is man that God is mindful of us? All things were put under our feet but as of yet we do not see everything subjected to us. Then He proceeds to say that even though we don't see all things subject to ourselves yet, we do see Jesus. What is he implying? Jesus is our example. He was made lower than the angels and suffered death and crowned with glory and honor as the example that we will follow. 

If Jesus is God and Jesus said out of His own mouth that we will sit with Him on His throne-what throne? the throne of God-why are you hesistant to accept it. Do you not trust the words of Christ? We're His body. 

Adam was the first man and Jesus is the last. How can Jesus be the last man when billions have been born since His death. Because God only sees two men, Adam and Jesus. Either you are in Adam or you're in Christ. There is no middle ground. Study Romans 5. We didn't commit Adam's sin yet we shared in the curse put on him. In the exact same way, we didn't fulfill the law, Jesus did, and as such we share in His blessings. All of them. Every last one of them.

The Greek word for partakers as used in 2 Peter 1:4 is koinōnós (a masculine noun/substantival adjective) – properly, a participant who mutually belongs and shares fellowship; a "joint-participant."

We mutually partake in the divine nature. Why? Because we will be filled with all the fullness of deity bodily through the Holy Spirit, which Scripture says we have only received a down payment. There's a fuller filling of the Spirit of Christ to come. 

In the same way, we are co-heirs of Christ, co-partakers in His inheritance. What did Jesus inherit? All things. As partakers we also inherit all things. That's Godhead talk.

If ever there was a subject that I wouldn't DARE presume to touch with my hands of flesh (carnal mind), this is it....remember what happened when they tried to handle the ark without the poles.  We need to be really careful we are rightly dividing the word of truth on these things.  And humbly never lose sight of the fact that we all have a lifetime of working out our salvation with fear and trembling before the judgment.

When the disciples asked Jesus about the signs of the end, the very FIRST thing that He answered in all the gospels where it was recorded, was to beware that many would come saying they are Christs, and not to follow them.  So as long as we aren't going down THAT road with this in our understanding, then okay.  (Are we...?  I hope not.)

And remember this truth, to keep it tucked away in our hearts:

Isa 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

And as Yowm pointed out....Hebrews is saying we do not yet see all things put in subjection under HIS feet,  not ours....because we ourselves belong to those things that need to be in subjection to Him.  A very important difference that hopefully will help us not stray outside the bounds of truth on these things.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

27 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

If ever there was a subject that I wouldn't DARE presume to touch with my hands of flesh (carnal mind), this is it....remember what happened when they tried to handle the ark without the poles.  We need to be really careful we are rightly dividing the word of truth on these things.  And humbly never lose sight of the fact that we all have a lifetime of working out our salvation with fear and trembling before the judgment.

When the disciples asked Jesus about the signs of the end, the very FIRST thing that He answered in all the gospels where it was recorded, was to beware that many would come saying they are Christs, and not to follow them.  So as long as we aren't going down THAT road with this in our understanding, then okay.  (Are we...?  I hope not.)

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

And as Yowm pointed out....Hebrews is saying we do not yet see all things put in subjection under HIS feet,  not ours....because we ourselves belong to those things that need to be in subjection to Him.  A very important difference that hopefully will help us not stray outside the bounds of truth on these things.

Sounds like some are too focused on the wrong I am .     Last time I read the saints were all kneeling before the THRONE and from greatful hearts

were casting crowns at his feet .    Focusing on the wrong I am ,  will lead to certain death .     Instead of focusing on SITTING ON HIS THRONE

why not rather focus on HE as KING and just be greatful for HIS salvation .    

• Brilliant! 1

Oh sister He leadeth me ,   I KNEW you KNEW .    OH ,  I pray this sinks in deep .   I knew as I typed those words that SISTER HE leadeth me

would truly know .    We don't follow the ambitions and desires of the lil I am of the mirror .   HE leads , we follow , OR WE DONT MAKE IT .

JESUS always shut down the focus on self ,  JUST like he did to his own when they came back rejoicing IN THE POWER and NOT RATHER to just be humble

and greatful their names were wrote above .  PRIDE is a sneaky thing dear sister,   OH BUT LET US REJOICE in the LORD that HE ALONE KNOWS how

to keep his own from the error of their own ways and focused on HIM and HE ALONE as the KING , as the SUPREME and the ONE WORTHY of all HONOR

as we see ourselves through the lens OF HIS WORD , that we are naught but simple men and women , SAVED BY HIS grace , CHANGED by His grace

and that we OWE HIM all , and thus let our minds reflect ONLY THIS ,   OH what  a day that will be , when WE KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL  BEFORE HIM

casting crowns at the FEET of HIM ,  by whose grace we even GOT THOSE CROWNS .      TIME to dine on some humble pie , and the LORDS words COUPLED with HIS SPIRIT

know how to humble a man .     

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

34 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Psalm 8:4-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit[a]him?
For You have made him a little lower than [b]the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
All sheep and oxen—
Even the beasts of the field,
The birds of the air,
And the fish of the sea
That pass through the paths of the seas.

5For He did not subject to angels the world to come, concerning which we are speaking.

Hebrews 4: 6But one has testified somewhere, saying,
            “WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU REMEMBER HIM?
            OR THE SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM?

7“YOU HAVE MADE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS;
            YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR,
            AND HAVE APPOINTED HIM OVER THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;

8YOU HAVE PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET.”
            For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him.

The author of Hebrews quoted David and then went on to say we do not YET, see all thinhs subjected us. Yet means something to take place in the future.

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Sounds like some are too focused on the wrong I am .     Last time I read the saints were all kneeling before the THRONE and from greatful hearts

were casting crowns at his feet .    Focusing on the wrong I am ,  will lead to certain death .     Instead of focusing on SITTING ON HIS THRONE

why not rather focus on HE as KING and just be greatful for HIS salvation .    

I am focused on His salavation but the writer of Hebrews said to move on from the elementary principles and get to the meat of the Word. I honor Christ, I am in awe of Him, I gaze at the sky and wonder at His creation power, He is Lord over my entire life. By honoring Christ, I believe His Word. He said out of His own mouth that He will grant us to sit on His throne and I accept that with all humility. I'm not going to cast aside the Word of Christ because tradition of man says we need to grovel in the dirt. Hebrews said that Jesus HAS PERFECTED those who are being sanctified. God sees us are we are now, In Christ, just as he saw Abram as a father of a multitude of nations and thus changed his name decades before he became a father.

6 minutes ago, IserveIam said:

Psalm 8:4-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit[a]him?
For You have made him a little lower than [b]the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
All sheep and oxen—
Even the beasts of the field,
The birds of the air,
And the fish of the sea
That pass through the paths of the seas.

5For He did not subject to angels the world to come, concerning which we are speaking.

Hebrews 4: 6But one has testified somewhere, saying,
            “WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU REMEMBER HIM?
            OR THE SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM?

7“YOU HAVE MADE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS;
            YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR,
            AND HAVE APPOINTED HIM OVER THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;

8YOU HAVE PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET.”
            For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him.

The author of Hebrews quoted David and then went on to say we do not YET, see all thinhs subjected us. Yet means something to take place in the future.

I am focused on His salavation but the writer of Hebrews said to move on from the elementary principles and get to the meat of the Word. I honor Christ, I am in awe of Him, I gaze at the sky and wonder at His creation power, He is Lord over my entire life. By honoring Christ, I believe His Word. He said out of His own mouth that He will grant us to sit on His throne and I accept that with all humility. I'm not going to cast aside the Word of Christ because tradition of man says we need to grovel in the dirt. Hebrews said that Jesus HAS PERFECTED those who are being sanctified. God sees us are we are now, In Christ, just as he saw Abram as a father of a multitude of nations and thus changed his name decades before he became a father.

The author of Hebrews quoted David and then went on to say we do not YET, see all thinhs subjected us

Rather ODD , pauls version seem to be focused on we do not yet see all things subject to HIM .       I believe that word says HIM .

And as I said earlier ,    EVEN though JESUS had given his own power ,  power over the enemy to cast out demons and etc

DO TRY and REMEMBER JESUS said NOT TO FOCUS or REJOICE IN THAT ,  but rather your names are wrote in heaven .

SO,   lets FOCUS ON HIM and let our minds and hearts be awaiting HIS DAY ,   where we KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL  Before the throne

and cast our crowns ,  or  rather , THE CROWNS HIS GRACE SUPPLIED ,    at his feet .

Be sure my friends to make sure you are following the GREAT I AM , and not rather focusing on the WE IS .   

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The author of Hebrews quoted David and then went on to say we do not YET, see all thinhs subjected us

Rather ODD , pauls version seem to be focused on we do not yet see all things subject to HIM .       I believe that word says HIM .

And as I said earlier ,    EVEN though JESUS had given his own power ,  power over the enemy to cast out demons and etc

DO TRY and REMEMBER JESUS said NOT TO FOCUS or REJOICE IN THAT ,  but rather your names are wrote in heaven .

SO,   lets FOCUS ON HIM and let our minds and hearts be awaiting HIS DAY ,   where we KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL  Before the throne

and cast our crowns ,  OUR rather , THE CROWNS HIS GRACE SUPPLIED ,    at his feet .

Be sure my friends to make sure you are following the GREAT I AM , and not rather focusing on the WE IS .   

Firstly, no knows definitively who wrote Hebrews. Secondly, the writer says we do not yet see all things subjected to him, meaning man which is the context of David and the writer. Then the writers says BUT WE SEE JESUS. Obviously Jesus is not referred to as the "him" who doesn't see all things subject to Himself becausw out of Jesus own mouth He says all power in heaven and earth has been given to Him. The "him" he referred to is us ans basically the writer is implying that all things were put under our feet even if it doesn't appear so at the moment but don't be discouraged because we see Jesus, the FIRSTBORN, meaning He is the example that all born again believers will follow. Your issue is not with me. I didn't write anything in the Bible. Your issue is with the Word. Jesus said we will sit on His throne. Thats tje elephant in rhe room that nobody wants to touch. Why? Because it disagrees with your doctrine. Didn't Jesus condemn the Pharisees for setting aside the commandemnts of God for the traditions of men. Stop dancing around the Scriptures and realize we are more than what the pulpit is telling us. I say that in a spirit of humility but I would be dishonoring God if I didn't proclaim the whole counsel of God.