IGNORED

Are we destined to sit on the throne of God?

IserveIam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, IserveIam said:

Thank you. I would rather someone consider it before casting aside. This is five plus years of studying this one thing with many witnesses from Scripture, early reputable church fathers, etc. This is not a pride thing. I wouldn't care if i was a drop of dung in heaven as long as I could be with Christ, but the Word doesn't say we're a drop of dung. It says we are Christ body. It takes body to make a person. Please please please dont take it wrong, but a body can't survive without a head and a head can't survive without a body. Every thing is one. Yes Christ can survive without a body, I'm not implying that, but He is also so vastly intelligent that He wouldn't have made Himself a head without a body, His body-us.

Many years ago I had a revelation that we, as His collective Bride, are His counterpart.....at least that is how He revealed it to my understanding, and it blew me away.  As long as we understand that none of this is literal....we are not literally His Body....we are not literally His Bride.....these things are just metaphors, parables, to help our understanding.......and HE absolutely doesn't need us to be.....remember He existed for an eternity before He created mankind.....but it is a great privilege granted to those who belong to Him....and all for HIS glory to make known His manifold wisdom and power to powers and principalities.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Many years ago I had a revelation that we, as His collective Bride, are His counterpart.....at least that is how He revealed it to my understanding, and it blew me away.  As long as we understand that none of this is literal....we are not literally His Body....we are not literally His Bride.....these things are just metaphors, parables, to help our understanding.......and HE absolutely doesn't need us to be.....remember He existed for an eternity before He created mankind.....but it is a great privilege granted to those who belong to Him....and all for HIS glory to make known His manifold wisdom and power to powers and principalities.

In the spirit of humility I ask, where does it say that all this is allegorical? Why do we keep trying to allegorize God's Word instead of taking it literally. 

In Jewish custom in Jesus' time, the father would arrange the marriage for the son and when everything was in place and readt, the son would come for his bride. Christ said He is going to prepare a place for us and come and receive us to Himself. That's not allegorical. Way back in the first book of Genesis God introduces marriage and says the man and the woman shall become one flesh. In the last book of the Bible it comes full circle as Christ now marries His church and the two become one. Marriage was just a foreshadow of Christ's marriage to His people.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, IserveIam said:

My issue is the assumption that this is coming from a heart of pride or impure motives. Paul says he eagerly awaits his new body. Is he being proud in tbis moment? No. He is rejoicing in a future event. I am merely doing the same thing. Do you I honestly think I feel like deity? I'm powerless in this old tent as the Word describes our body. I am simply stating a future event when we will, In Christ, sit on His throne and rule and reign with Him.

OH I eargly await mine too .     So I can place the crown AT HIS FEET .     its not pride to lower ourselves and exalt God .      Just breath it in .   Lets not EYE HIS THRONE

LETS just await His instruction , by which if we take heed we do well .    EYE having to suffer all things for HIS name sake .    EYE that if we lose all and suffer persecutions

and even threat or harm ,    That we got all HOPE .    Let the EYE seek not the THRONE , but the LORD who sits ON THAT THRONE , that we do all things pleasing IN HIS SIGHT

by the power of HIS grace .       This my friend is not pride nor impure .    OH that it sink in deeply .      Now on that note ,  EVERYONE needs to empty those chairs by leaping up

and PRAISING the ONE WHO IS ON THE THRONE and rejoice in THE LORD . 

1 hour ago, IserveIam said:

In the spirit of humility I ask, where does it say that all this is allegorical? Why do we keep trying to allegorize God's Word instead of taking it literally. 

In Jewish custom in Jesus' time, the father would arrange the marriage for the son and when everything was in place and readt, the son would come for his bride. Christ said He is going to prepare a place for us and come and receive us to Himself. That's not allegorical. Way back in the first book of Genesis God introduces marriage and says the man and the woman shall become one flesh. In the last book of the Bible it comes full circle as Christ now marries His church and the two become one. Marriage was just a foreshadow of Christ's marriage to His people.

Mat 13:34-35

All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Psa 78:2

I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old

Hos 12:10

I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

Pro 1:5-6

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

4 hours ago, IserveIam said:

I wholeheartedly agree that the entire Counsel of God should be examined before coming to any conclusions. I have been wrestling with this topics for years .

I am of the understanding that the verse pertaining to many coming in His name is a bad mistranslation. Remember in the context Jesus is talking to His disciples. No crowds, no unbelievers. He is saying, and I could be wrong but this is how I view that passage, that many people will come in very subtly in the name of Christ (compare Matthew 7:22 I believe) claiming that Jesus is the Messiah but will decieve many. Wolves in sheeps clothing. 

God said there are no other gods but Him yet He is three. I'm not saying that we are going to become gods, I'm saying that because our identity is so utterly wrapped up in Christ that He has no choice but to see us as such. Everyone keeps saying just stay focused on Jesus yet to refute my argument they draw back to self when I am focused on Christ. Paul said it best about how much so out identity is linked to the Christ. He said I'm crucified with Christ, yet I live, but it's not me living, its Christ in me that lives. 

God has put treasure in these earthly vessels, He has put Himself. Why do you think it says we are the Temple of God where God chooses to dwell?

what does me not being the head have to do with anything? The Father is the head of Jesus. Does that diminish His position? His authority? No it doesn't. My boss is over me yet we're still two human beings on an equal level. Jesus lowered Himself to raise us up to Himself in Himself. Now i answered your question....answer mine because I'm coming to you straight from the Word and you're avoiding it. Jesus prayed the Father and asked Him to give us His glory, the glory of God. How can that be when the LORD said in the Old Testament that he will give His glory to no one? You don't find a contradiction there?

See that little comma after the word, “…..saying, “

Mat 24:5

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

And these verses about false Christs and in the flesh in such a way as people will be able to pinpoint where these false Christs are…….whereas the coming of the Lord will be like lightening from east to the west, and every eye will see Him.

And He speaks of it further here:

Mat 24:23-24

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

• Brilliant! 1

23 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

See that little comma after the word, “…..saying, “

Mat 24:5

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

And these verses about false Christs and in the flesh in such a way as people will be able to pinpoint where these false Christs are…….whereas the coming of the Lord will be like lightening from east to the west, and every eye will see Him.

And He speaks of it further here:

Mat 24:23-24

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Ok. Well I'm no false Christ, false prophet. I'm just proclaiming thr Word and our position in Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, IserveIam said:

My heart and my motives are pure. I'm trying to encourage all my brothers and sisters to recognize who they are in Christ. Why is the Church ineffective today.....they don't know who they are. 

I'm going to make one last point to try to make this hit home. In John Jesus said "I and the Father are one" and the Jews picked up stones to throw at him because He claimed equality with God. Later in John Jesus prays and says "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; 23I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

I in them, You in me in complete unity. Jesus drugs Him and the Father are one and then says make them one with Us. That's the heart that I'm coming from

Hi IserveIam,

`Unity,` here is referring to harmony, of one mind, (I us obeying Christ) BUT certainly not the `Omni`s - all powerful, all present, & all knowing. I addressed this with you previously but you have not commented.

Also the Father`s throne/authority - initiates, while the Son, Jesus` authority - administrates.

The Godhead is above all created realms - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The throne that we will sit on with the Lord is IN the created realms - the highest, the third heaven.

it is good you are looking into this IserveIam, however you have jumped to certainly conclusions because you need more understanding of WHERE those authorities, (Father`s throne/authority, Son`s throne/authority) are situated. And the word `unity` does NOT include all the capabilities of God.

Keep studying bro and you will get there.

regards, Marilyn.  

17 hours ago, IserveIam said:

Ok. Well I'm no false Christ, false prophet. I'm just proclaiming thr Word and our position in Christ.

I'm not at all implying or accusing you of being so.........just sharing some scriptures for us all to consider and incorporate into our understanding of these things, especially since we are living in perilous days.

What you are sharing is not new to me......I've heard others talking about these things in recent years, and shockingly, just as Jesus prophesied, some are saying they are Christ. (not saying you are, and I only wanted to caution that we not go down that road by taking these things too far).  God made made man to have dominion (rule and reign) over the earth, and in Christ that power and authority is and will be restored to us when we rule and reign WITH HIM in the millennium.   For HIS glory.  And it will be HIS triumph over the enemy (powers and principalities).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see scripture saying anywhere that we will rule and reign with Him over heaven.....the throne that is being talked about that we will sit on with Him, is only a depiction of His rule and reign over the earth, over creation.  Restoring mankind to what was lost in the Garden of Eden.

What incredible kindness and mercy that we may have a participation in Him, in His nature, in His dominion.....hard to get my head around His incredible selfless love and kindness and mercy.  While we were yet sinners and His enemies, He died for us.  We only can love because He first loved us.  What is man that He is mindful of us........indeed!  Just even look around and see the news, as well as the horrible things that proceeds from the heart of man on mass media.  I think it was Isaiah who cried, I am no better than my ancestors!  Frienduff is so right, that we are only entitled to die, if not for Jesus.  Thank you Lord!  And this is the Christ that we are supposed to be like........ARE we?  Do we love our enemies like this? 

Edited by Heleadethme
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 9/19/2018 at 8:03 AM, IserveIam said:

Why is this doctrine not being taught

You are right. Other Christians from outside the US tend to see American Christianity as weak and effeminate. Much like the Roman's, who were business men first with a religion that was shallow and mostly ceremonial. They gave freedom of religion because they did not have an alternative to offer that compared to the deeper thinking religions they conquered. 

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm not at all implying or accusing you of being so.........just sharing some scriptures for us all to consider and incorporate into our understanding of these things, especially since we are living in perilous days.

What you are sharing is not new to me......I've heard others talking about these things in recent years, and shockingly, just as Jesus prophesied, some are saying they are Christ. (not saying you are, and I only wanted to caution that we not go down that road by taking these things too far).  God made made man to have dominion (rule and reign) over the earth, and in Christ that power and authority is and will be restored to us when we rule and reign WITH HIM in the millennium.   For HIS glory.  And it will be HIS triumph over the enemy (powers and principalities).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see scripture saying anywhere that we will rule and reign with Him over heaven.....the throne that is being talked about that we will sit on with Him, is only a depiction of His rule and reign over the earth, over creation.  Restoring mankind to what was lost in the Garden of Eden.

What incredible kindness and mercy that we may have a participation in Him, in His nature, in His dominion.....hard to get my head around His incredible selfless love and kindness and mercy.  While we were yet sinners and His enemies, He died for us.  We only can love because He first loved us.  What is man that He is mindful of us........indeed!  Just even look around and see the news, as well as the horrible things that proceeds from the heart of man on mass media.  I think it was Isaiah who cried, I am no better than my ancestors!  Frienduff is so right, that we are only entitled to die, if not for Jesus.  Thank you Lord!  And this is the Christ that we are supposed to be like........ARE we?  Do we love our enemies like this? 

21I will grant the one who conquers permission to sit with me on my throne, just as I too conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

In this verse He doesn't specify heaven or earth. He just says we will sit on His throne as He sat on the Father's throne. Now, Jesus throne has dominion over heaven and earth. That's the throne He said we would sit on.

Can I ask now, why are people troubled by this Scripture. It's not like Im twisting words or anything of the sort like Satan did in the garden with Jesus. As I said before, I'm not the one that said I would sit in the throne, Jesus did. He also said in the same chapter that He would write His new name on us. When a husband marries, isn't it custom for the husband to write his name om his bride? And doesn't the identity of the husband and wife become intrinsically linked? Isn't it apparent that it is all of shadow of the True marriage?