IGNORED

Are we destined to sit on the throne of God?

IserveIam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, IserveIam said:

21I will grant the one who conquers permission to sit with me on my throne, just as I too conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

In this verse He doesn't specify heaven or earth. He just says we will sit on His throne as He sat on the Father's throne. Now, Jesus throne has dominion over heaven and earth. That's the throne He said we would sit on.

Can I ask now, why are people troubled by this Scripture. It's not like Im twisting words or anything of the sort like Satan did in the garden with Jesus. As I said before, I'm not the one that said I would sit in the throne, Jesus did. He also said in the same chapter that He would write His new name on us. When a husband marries, isn't it custom for the husband to write his name om his bride? And doesn't the identity of the husband and wife become intrinsically linked? Isn't it apparent that it is all of shadow of the True marriage?

I'm not troubled by those scriptures at all........as I explained (and why), as long as we are rightly dividing them.

I haven't thought about His throne in detail before....I see Marilyn C in her post above might have some knowledge of that.  Maybe she would be willing to bring a few scriptures concerning that topic.  All that is coming to mind at the moment is that New Jerusalem is coming down to EARTH and will rule and reign the EARTH, with Christ.  And that in the end, even Jesus will hand the kingdom back over to the Father.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

7 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm not troubled by those scriptures at all........as I explained (and why), as long as we are rightly dividing them.

I haven't thought about His throne in detail before....I see Marilyn C in her post above might have some knowledge of that.  Maybe she would be willing to bring a few scriptures concerning that topic.  All that is coming to mind at the moment is that New Jerusalem is coming down to EARTH and will rule and reign the EARTH, with Christ.  And that in the end, even Jesus will hand the kingdom back over to the Father.

Revelation 21:3 says that God's dwelling place is with man and He will live among us. God will rule the cosmos and beyond, right from the Earth.

You mentioning Jesus handing the Kingdom back to the Father is one of the points I have been trying to stress. Jesus is undoubtedly a part of the Godhead yet, being God, He is still subordinate to the Father. 

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Unity,` here is referring to harmony, of one mind, (I us obeying Christ) BUT certainly not the `Omni`s - all powerful, all present, & all knowing. I addressed this with you previously but you have not commented.

Actually, unity as quoted is the Greek word "ἕν", translated into English primarily as 'one'. It's the same Greek word Jesus used in verse 22 when He said make them one, as we are one. Even more, it's the same Greek word used when Jesus declared that Him an the Father are one in John 10:30, which the Jews understood as Jesus claiming equality with God. Jesus said Him and the Father are one amd then later on said make them one with us, I in the them and You in me. His words not mine. 

I can understand why feathers would be ruffled by this concept but if it's being t rightly divided, I don't see what the issue is. Everyone made fun of Noah for building an ark for a flood when it had never even rained before. God doesn't do the ordinary. I would never teach this doctrine to a new Christian because if the mindset of seasoned Christians is one of offense what would it mean for a new Christian?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm not at all implying or accusing you of being so.........just sharing some scriptures for us all to consider and incorporate into our understanding of these things, especially since we are living in perilous days.

What you are sharing is not new to me......I've heard others talking about these things in recent years, and shockingly, just as Jesus prophesied, some are saying they are Christ. (not saying you are, and I only wanted to caution that we not go down that road by taking these things too far).  God made made man to have dominion (rule and reign) over the earth, and in Christ that power and authority is and will be restored to us when we rule and reign WITH HIM in the millennium.   For HIS glory.  And it will be HIS triumph over the enemy (powers and principalities).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see scripture saying anywhere that we will rule and reign with Him over heaven.....the throne that is being talked about that we will sit on with Him, is only a depiction of His rule and reign over the earth, over creation.  Restoring mankind to what was lost in the Garden of Eden.

What incredible kindness and mercy that we may have a participation in Him, in His nature, in His dominion.....hard to get my head around His incredible selfless love and kindness and mercy.  While we were yet sinners and His enemies, He died for us.  We only can love because He first loved us.  What is man that He is mindful of us........indeed!  Just even look around and see the news, as well as the horrible things that proceeds from the heart of man on mass media.  I think it was Isaiah who cried, I am no better than my ancestors!  Frienduff is so right, that we are only entitled to die, if not for Jesus.  Thank you Lord!  And this is the Christ that we are supposed to be like........ARE we?  Do we love our enemies like this?  

we are only entitled to die, if not for Jesus.  Thank you Lord!  And this is the Christ that we are supposed to be like........ARE we?  Do we love our enemies like this? 

AND HOW can our love be seen towards our enemies .,  BY not compromising the gospel of truth to gain numbers , BUT BY SIMPLY preaching the true gospel to our enemies,

to the world .  a compromised gospel saves none , not those who preach it or those who hear and receive it .  

While we do good to all, by feeding the poor , clothing them ,   we cannot be as the world who may do this , YET SAY NOTHING of the most dire food of all.

AND THAT is not the food which sustains the body , BUT THE FOOD , THE BREAD of life , that gives life to the soul of the hearer.

The gospel has been invaded from within and a totally false concept of love , of unity , of peace has been put in its place .

A gospel also that exalts us , focuses on the power and not rather the Salvation given us IN CHRIST .    SO let none eye the throne,  LET THEM EYE the ONE WHO SITS ON that THRONE

as humble ones who do the will of HE who has both saved and changed us and given us new life and hope IN HIM .   Let our faith be in HIM and not in men or us .

For man can fall ,  BUT GOD CANNOT .  thus let all have the faith of GOD within us .    ALL FAITH IN HIM and we simply rejoicing that HE even gave us grace .

OH , I could sing of this all day .     OH what a day of rejoicing that will be , WHEN WE KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL    before HIS THRONE

HONORING HE upon that throne as crowns are cast at HIS FEET and all are singing in perfect unision , WORTHY IS THE LAMB to receive all honor

WORTHY is the lamb to receive all riches .    WORTHY IS GOD who has given us ETERNAL LIFE and this LIFE is found ONLY IN THE SON .   OH I could sing of it all day , I TELL US

all day .   So let each say ,  the only thing we are entitled to , have earned and are deserving us , IS HELLFIRE ,  OH BUT PRAISE BE TO THE LAMB

that we are simply COUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE that ,    counted worthy of what we were never entitled to , nor earned , BUT was simply given us IN CHRIST .

OH put those eyes ON HE who SITS ON THE THRONE , and not the THRONE .    SATAN put his eyes ON THE THRONE .  and how that did not work out well.  

• This is Worthy 1

I beheld satan as lightning fall from heaven .

Satan had become enamoured with THE POWER

Satan had become enamoured with the gifts

Satan had become .................................................SEE THE POINT YET .

Do not rejoice in that you have power over ,    REJOICE RATHER that your names are wrote in heaven .

JESUS knew the beginning of pride,  and it always focuses on what was given it instead of WHO GAVE IT that .

So while I know full well what the scriptures say about where we are seated and will be seated IN CHRIST ,    my focus is NOT THE THRONE

nor the power , nor the gifts ,   ITS THE ONE WHO FREELY GIVES US THOSE THINGS IN CHRIST .

a heart that focuses and becomes enamoured with the gifts ,      WILL FALL AS SATAN DID .  

FOCUS on the KNEELING

Focus on being greatful we are even spared .

FOCUS that our names are wrote above ,  and ONLY BECAUSE of what HE WHO SITS UPON that THRONE DID .

Be greatful for whatever gift you have received ,   BUT REJOICE simply that your names are wrote above .   Focus on WHO HAS SAVED US and can KEEP us from falling .

• Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I beheld satan as lightning fall from heaven .

Satan had become enamoured with THE POWER

Satan had become enamoured with the gifts

Satan had become .................................................SEE THE POINT YET .

Do not rejoice in that you have power over ,    REJOICE RATHER that your names are wrote in heaven .

JESUS knew the beginning of pride,  and it always focuses on what was given it instead of WHO GAVE IT that .

So while I know full well what the scriptures say about where we are seated and will be seated IN CHRIST ,    my focus is NOT THE THRONE

nor the power , nor the gifts ,   ITS THE ONE WHO FREELY GIVES US THOSE THINGS IN CHRIST .

a heart that focuses and becomes enamoured with the gifts ,      WILL FALL AS SATAN DID .  

FOCUS on the KNEELING

Focus on being greatful we are even spared .

FOCUS that our names are wrote above ,  and ONLY BECAUSE of what HE WHO SITS UPON that THRONE DID .

Be greatful for whatever gift you have received ,   BUT REJOICE simply that your names are wrote above .   Focus on WHO HAS SAVED US and can KEEP us from falling .

I'm not focused on the throne. I asked a question regarding a Scripture. Trust me, I know my unworthiness full well but it was Jesus who counted me worthy and called me. When God changed Abram's name to 'father of a multitude', it would have been sinful for Abraham to refer to himself as Abram? Why? Because God called Him something different. In I Corinthians Paul alludes to the new body we shall receive and said he groans because he longs to be clothed in immortality. Wait a minute? Isn't God alone immortal? Paul said he longs to be clothed with incorruptibility. Wait a minute? Isn't God only, incorruptible? Similarly, I long to be clothed with immortality and incorruptibility and a seat at the throne WITH Christ. Why? Because according to the Word, that's my new identity. A new creation in Christ. Trust me, I'm focused on Christ and everything He said about me.  Why would He give us exceeding great and precious promises if we can't look forward to them? Hebrews 11 describes myriads of believers who by faith looked forward to the promises of God and God has promised to clothe us with immortality, incorruptibility and seat at His table. I'm not making this up. It's all Scriptural. Just because I highlight these great promises of God doesn't mean I'm not focused on the promise giver because I couldn't have the promises without Christ.

1 minute ago, IserveIam said:

I'm not focused on the throne. I asked a question regarding a Scripture. Trust me, I know my unworthiness full well but it was Jesus who counted me worthy and called me. When God changed Abram's name to 'father of a multitude', it would have been sinful for Abraham to refer to himself as Abram? Why? Because God called Him something different. In I Corinthians Paul alludes to the new body we shall receive and said he groans because he longs to be clothed in immortality. Wait a minute? Isn't God alone immortal? Paul said he longs to be clothed with incorruptibility. Wait a minute? Isn't God only, incorruptible? Similarly, I long to be clothed with immortality and incorruptibility and a seat at the throne WITH Christ. Why? Because according to the Word, that's my new identity. A new creation in Christ. Trust me, I'm focused on Christ and everything He said about me.  Why would He give us exceeding great and precious promises if we can't look forward to them? Hebrews 11 describes myriads of believers who by faith looked forward to the promises of God and God has promised to clothe us with immortality, incorruptibility and seat at His table. I'm not making this up. It's all Scriptural. Just because I highlight these great promises of God doesn't mean I'm not focused on the promise giver because I couldn't have the promises without Christ.

the apostels could have argued with JESUS too , when he said what HE DID .    NOW HE said it for good reason .  

Kenneth Copeland could make the same argument .    the problem is not KNOWING what we HAVE IN CHRIST .   the problem is where is our hearts focus really .

two people can quoate scrips at each other all day and both be speaking nothing BUT scripture.    and one could be right , and the other dead wrong .

And I got no peace at all,  in how I see your approach , no matter if you qoate the same scrips I do .    WHERE is your focus , what is it on .

the desiples were correct in that they had power over serpents ,   BUT WHAT was their heart on , they came back rejoicing in the POWER ,  BEGINNING OF PRIDE

and JESUS SAW THAT .   you focus on the throne , whether you see it or not .   

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

the apostels could have argued with JESUS too , when he said what HE DID .    NOW HE said it for good reason .  

Kenneth Copeland could make the same argument .    the problem is not KNOWING what we HAVE IN CHRIST .   the problem is where is our hearts focus really .

two people can quoate scrips at each other all day and both be speaking nothing BUT scripture.    and one could be right , and the other dead wrong .

And I got no peace at all,  in how I see your approach , no matter if you qoate the same scrips I do .    WHERE is your focus , what is it on .

the desiples were correct in that they had power over serpents ,   BUT WHAT was their heart on , they came back rejoicing in the POWER ,  BEGINNING OF PRIDE

and JESUS SAW THAT .   you focus on the throne , whether you see it or not .   

I mean you can say what you want. You don't know where my heart is.

Just now, IserveIam said:

I mean you can say what you want. You don't know where my heart is.

I simply see the danger is all .    

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

AndI'm telling you i see the danger to but I'm mature enough to handle the meat of the Word

31 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

St. Hilarion Troitsky 1889-1929

Christianity requires a humble awareness. My forefather, Adam, was perfect, but I, mankind, introduced only sin and corruption. The Church calls us to humility when it calls Adam our ancestor. But evolution? Descent from the ape? No matter how modestly we rate ourselves, it is impossible not to think with a certain pride: “After all, I am not an ape; after all, progress is manifest in me.” Thus, by calling the ape our ancestor, evolution feeds human pride. If we compare ourselves to the ape we can be proud of our progress, but if we think of sinless Adam, outward progress losses its value. The progress is external, but it is also a sophisticated sin. If mankind is steadily progressing forward, then we can hope in ourselves. We create ourselves. But the Church says the opposite: “We could not become incorrupt and immortal had not the Incorrupt and Immortal One first become the same as we are.” Believing in the incarnation means confessing that without God, all of mankind is nothing.

Throughout the ages, the Church carries the ideal of deification. This ideal is very high, but it demands very much from man. It is unthinkable without the incarnation; it demands first of all that man be humble. Mankind is renouncing this high ideal, and has no need of the incarnation of the Son of God. An infinitely depreciated ideal of life allows man to talk of progress, and gives him the opportunity to be proud of his accomplishments. These two series of ideas make up two different worldviews: that of the Church, and that which is not of the Church. The worldview that is not of the Church—descent from the ape, progress, having no need of and denying the incarnation—is pride. Accepting the incarnation is inseparably bound with humility. Pride wars with the incarnation, as with something unneeded. (Hieromartyr Hilarion [Troitsky], Works in Three Volumes [Moscow: Sretensky Monastery, 2004], 3:294)