Kristin

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I know we here at Worthy are certainly the body of Christ. Are we also the bride? 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Yes we are as a bride to the LORD, in a symbolic way..   God inspired scripture to use that symbolic description to denote a true and solid and permanent relationship that will be between His people and Himself..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

That makes sense to me. I think we, the church, are the body and the bride of Christ. Wow! ❤️

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Yes we are, and not only symbolically, but literally, as told in Rev. 22.  Other passages that mention about Christ and the Church include Eph 5:22-31.  We'll be at the wedding feast of the Lamb not as guests, but the bride.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

20 hours ago, Kristin said:

I know we here at Worthy are certainly the body of Christ. Are we also the bride? 

Indeed we are the Bride Kristin, and we should be happy and eager for the Bridegroom to come back for the marriage.

"But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; in those days they will fast."

When the Bride comes to Her fullness of preparation, a cry will start from Her:

"The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come! 

He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
" (Revelation 22:17, 22:20)

The time is already here for the Bride to shout this cry from the whole world, as a testimony to all nations.

It is time to answer what Jesus asked us in Luke 18:1-8:

And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

Through this prayer, the Bride hastens the coming of His Bridegroom:

"Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming." 2 Peter 3:12

Let's answer the call of the Spirit who wants to make the Bride ready! :)

Edited by listener24
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

Hi,listener24. The cloud that resided over the Tabernacle is an allegory for Christ and the Bride. Considering the cloud descending represents Pentecost and the settled state of the cloud represents the Churches Great Commission. Also, a cloud is a collection of individuals loosely held together over a large area by a body that is ethereal in nature. This resembles the state of the Bride while waiting for the Rapture.     

"Then Moses set up the courtyard around the tabernacle and altar and put up the curtain at the entrance to the courtyard. And so Moses finished the work. Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. Moses was unable to enter the Tent of Meeting because the cloud had settled on it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle." Exodus 40:33,34

"Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!" 2 Corinthians 3:7-11

Edited by Scott Free
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, Kristin said:

That makes sense to me. I think we, the church, are the body and the bride of Christ. Wow! ❤️

That is right sister .   as marriage between a man and a woman  , they are not longer two but become one body .    Its the same spiritually .

You leap up and praise the LORD sister . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Should you want to make an interesting discovery in symbology, history and prophecy. Research the Jewish customs and traditions of marriage(s) in Jesus' day. Then read everything the Bible says pertaining to the Rapture of His bride. Compare side to side and let me know what you think? It's fascinating and exactly the same.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I think the context of this whole "bride of christ" fiasco, had something to do with Jesus attempting to evade persecution 1st century ad, and he came up with some kind of response when asked, "Where is your bride?" His response was, "The church is my bride."

I was a virgin for several decades. Trust me, you come up with all kinds of crap to make sure people just leave you the heck alone. That question "where is your wife" is usually a power play, where they manipulate your spouse into manipulating you for their own selfish gain.

Hell. That's where we live. Remember that.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Kristin said:

If we are the Body of Christ here at this site why are we being instructed to obey men's rules rather than every word that proceeds from the mouth of God?

The Bride is Israel.