• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

What does redemption mean in the Bible?

Redemption is one of the biblical terms and/or aspects to understand the salvation provided for us thru Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

We are adopted as children of God thru believing the gospel, thru the redemption provided by the cross of Jesus.

Ephesians1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The redemption provided by Christ gives us freely the forgiveness of all sin.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Our redemption is in the living Christ Jesus; our redemption, our forgiveness of all sin, is in His blood , as stated once again for us.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Our redemption is secure and assured until the day of our redemption.

We can have full assurance that our salvation does not rest in anything we can contribute; our salvation is sure and safe in Christ Jesus and what He has accomplished.

This is the gospel by which we are saved.

15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.

All we have to do is believe the gospel.

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.

The moment you believe you have eternal life.

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, douge said:

What does redemption mean in the Bible?

Redemption is one of the biblical terms and/or aspects to understand the salvation provided for us thru Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

We are adopted as children of God thru believing the gospel, thru the redemption provided by the cross of Jesus.

Ephesians1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The redemption provided by Christ gives us freely the forgiveness of all sin.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Our redemption is in the living Christ Jesus; our redemption, our forgiveness of all sin, is in His blood , as stated once again for us.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Our redemption is secure and assured until the day of our redemption.

We can have full assurance that our salvation does not rest in anything we can contribute; our salvation is sure and safe in Christ Jesus and what He has accomplished.

This is the gospel by which we are saved.

15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.

All we have to do is believe the gospel.

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.

The moment you believe you have eternal life.

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection. 

A continual train of thought...the cost of our redemption...the joy of its completion...the eternal consequences of it...worship of the Redeemer ~ 

11Then I looked, and I heard the voices of many angels and living creatures and elders encircling the throne, and their number was myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands. 12In a loud voice they said: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing!” 13And I heard every creature in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be praise and honor and glory and power forever and ever!”…

Edited by Michael37
reference