IGNORED

The Social Justice Gospel: The Dark Truth

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Many Christian believers are expressing concern today, and rightly so, over something called “social justice” or the “social-justice gospel.” Jim Wallis, founder of Sojourners magazine, is one of the top “change agents” in the social-justice movement within the evangelical/Protestant church, and the timing of his surge in popularity cannot be ignored, considering: the former Obama administration and a like-mindedness in much of the U.S. government; the advance of liberal theology via the emerging church and church-growth movements; and the current state of apostasy the church finds itself in today. Are all these connected? Through this man and other key players, they are indeed.

In 2010, I discovered that Jim Wallis had been invited as a keynote speaker to a huge Christian music festival in Wisconsin that claims to bring in upward of 70,000 attendees each year, largely youth.1 This prompted a few Christian ministries to begin to educate, warn, and encourage others to do their homework on Jim Wallis and his brand of social justice “Christianity.” My prayer is that those reading this booklet will take heart to this warning and use this information to find clarity to what has become a serious breach in discernment.

Unbiblical trends in the church tend to snowball, producing even worse trends; each heretical book or teaching that comes along seems to lead to more serious deceptions. The Bible warns in 2 Timothy 3:13 that in the last days, “evil men and seducers [imposters] shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived,” suggesting a progressive pattern of deception that requires our vigilance.

For those who remember the old Dragnet TV show, allow me to reinvent Joe Friday: “The story you are about to hear is true. None of the names have been changed—and the only thing I’m interested in protecting is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.” If we are going to do any critical thinking at all on this subject, we really need to get a Kodak moment of “the big picture.”

In my desire to be thorough and accurate on this subject, I read nearly fifty different articles about or by Wallis and his activities over the last four decades. I also read his book The Great Awakening. In reality, anyone with Internet access could probably have all the information they need on him within ten minutes—he is not shy about his agenda.

Lest any think that Jim Wallis and his social gospel are not being warmly embraced by many within Protestant/evangelical Christianity, some of the places that have invited Jim Wallis to speak over the last half a decade or so include Wheaton College, the Mennonite Church USA, Cedarville University, and Willow Creek to name a few. What’s more, his books are found in countless Christian bookstores including the Southern Baptist Convention resources branch, LifeWay; and his books are frequently used in Christian seminary and college courses. In addition, at least three traditional Christian publishing houses—Baker Books, InterVarsity Press, and Zondervan—publish his books.

Read More at: https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=28830

Guest shiloh357

Social-Justice Beliefs

To help get a clearer picture of the underlying agenda of the social-justice gospel, let’s look at some quotes by Jim Wallis on key biblical issues.

On being born again:
Jesus proclaimed, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. . . . He is saying that a whole new order is about to enter history, and if you want to be a part of it, you will need a change so fundamental that the Gospel of John would later refer to it as a “new birth.” Being born again was not meant to be a private religious experience that is hard to communicate . . . but rather the prerequisite for joining a new and very public movement—the Jesus and kingdom of God movement.”19 (emphasis added)

On Israel:
The completely one-sided support for Israel from conservative evangelicals rests on 2 things: one, a very dubious interpretation (and I’m being generous here) of biblical prophecy . . . in which the modern state of Israel is still equated with the Old Testament notion of “God’s Chosen People,” and a complete denial of the existence of Palestinian Christians.20

On Homosexual Rights:
Abomination is a pretty strong word . . . there is a debate and questions over the meaning of the word “abomination.”21 (Referring to Leviticus 18:22; as heard on Moody Christian Radio Network, in Chicago, Feb.19, 2008, when asked about government sanctions on civil unions for gays.)

On the Kingdom:
The kingdom of God, which Jesus came to inaugurate, is meant to create an alternate reality in this world, and ultimately to transform the kingdoms of this world.”22

On Repentance:
We are all familiar with the famous pop culture image of a street evangelist holding up a sign reading, “Repent, for the end is near!” But repentance is . . . often misunderstood. . . . one could imagine a group of pastors, priests, rabbis, and imams holding up a sign on Wall Street for the titans of the financial industry to see, reading, “Repent, or the end could be near again” . . . let’s have some sermons on the repentance of Wall Street.23

Sojourners On Bible Prophecy:
It’s all too easy to make fun of the extreme examples of prophecy belief that we encounter on bumper stickers and best-seller lists. When people talk breathlessly of the dangers of Universal Product Codes and automated teller machines as signs of the impending Tribulation, giggles and head shaking are hard to repress . . . when we ridicule apocalyptic interpretations of bar codes and the European Common Market, we are . . . properly rejecting an interpretive method that (suggests a) correspondence between biblical events and symbols, and our own lives. Ought Revelation to be included within the family of Christian texts, or should it be thrown on the fire of apocalyptic excesses?24

On the Imminent Return of Jesus:
In all of Wallis’ writings, I could find no hint of “our blessed hope” of Christ’s return. Nor could I find discussion by him of having a personal biblical relationship with Jesus Christ.

https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=28830

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Sickening......makes me glad there is a Hell for those that pedal false gospels.