• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1958

Good evening all, my wife co-worker is hounding her to attend Iglesia ni cristo bible study and church services. They are both from the Philippines. My wife was a Roman Catholic in the PI and accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior 2 years after coming to the US in 1993. My wife goes to the bible study and ask the person leading the bible study different questions. The person asked my wife if I would want to go, she told them NO WAY I would go there for a bible study.

I tell my wife the church is a fake religion and they will bend the bible to make it seem like what they are saying is the truth. I tell my wife she should not go and after she comes home I ask her what was taught. I tell her do not be fooled, do not forsake who Jesus is. 

I do not know, I guess I just needed to tell someone this. My wife works all the time and the bible study is on Sat nights and she happens to have off every other weekend and she wants to go to a place where they study the bible. I wish there was another place near where we live but there is none.

I feel sad for my wife she wants to grow and learn and worship our Lord, and this is the only place there is too go.

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, Peace and Love to ALL, and may Jesus be with you all today tomorrow and Forever

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

start your own bible study at home....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, pogi said:

Good evening all, my wife co-worker is hounding her to attend Iglesia ni cristo bible study and church services. They are both from the Philippines. My wife was a Roman Catholic in the PI and accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior 2 years after coming to the US in 1993. My wife goes to the bible study and ask the person leading the bible study different questions. The person asked my wife if I would want to go, she told them NO WAY I would go there for a bible study.

I tell my wife the church is a fake religion and they will bend the bible to make it seem like what they are saying is the truth. I tell my wife she should not go and after she comes home I ask her what was taught. I tell her do not be fooled, do not forsake who Jesus is. 

I do not know, I guess I just needed to tell someone this. My wife works all the time and the bible study is on Sat nights and she happens to have off every other weekend and she wants to go to a place where they study the bible. I wish there was another place near where we live but there is none.

I feel sad for my wife she wants to grow and learn and worship our Lord, and this is the only place there is too go.

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, Peace and Love to ALL, and may Jesus be with you all today tomorrow and Forever

Hi, I looked up that church and read it considers other churches as apostate....they believe they are the only true church.   Also, I read that they consider Jesus only a man....they deny His divine nature!!!  Of course Jesus is also divine in nature due to the Virgin Birth...please point that out to your wife.  They believe only God the Father is God.    So, yes, you are correct, it is a cult.

I know you are trying your best to warn your wife but maybe you can stress to her that to attend a cult's Bible Study will only hinder her knowledge of the Bible.

Do you and your wife attend any church?  It seems like your wife might be lonely since she has let that other Filapina lady in the cult influence her.  Do you know any other Christians?   I would try to get your wife some true Christian fellowship, in order to get her out from under the cult's influence.  Even if you need to find a good church further away from your home, it would be worth it for your wife.  Because they are really trying to indoctrinate her.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:40 PM, pogi said:

Hello Pogi. As Debp pointed out this is absolutely a cult and teaching a false doctrine. It is Satan driven because it denies the Divinity of Christ.

Any doctrine that clams Christ was just a man is a cult of Satan. Obviously, it is completely non-scriptural. You may want to spend time with your wife reading The Book of Revelations about the false teachings that will become popular in the end times. 
I am at a loss trying to comprehend how anyone can believe they are Christian without first and foremost believing Christs' Divine Nature, so the above is as much as I can offer you. You are right to be alarmed though, for this is a very serious demonic group masquerading as believers.

Perhaps this site will help also?

http://www.net-burst.net/demons/index.htm

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/do-you-pray-like-the-devil

Praying your wife gets Holy Spirit edification Pogi. Please keep us informed.

The Iglesia Ni Cristo website statement of "beliefs". Check out the "Lord Jesus Christ" link, the very last sentence! Unbelievable!.

https://iglesianicristo.net/eng/beliefs 

Sincerely!!! ?

Edited by RockyMidnight
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, pogi said:

Hi Pogi, If you look at their beliefs; they belive Jesus was just a man. It is absolutely impossible to worship Christ in spirit and truth with damnable doctrines of demons! Their beliefs also do not believe in the trinity which is also heresy. It is absolutely imperative that your wife cease to go to this church. Christ has said we have nothing to do with those who bring another gospel .  Christ has also said if anyone brings another gospel( another Jesus),let him  be ACCURSED or Anathema!! Galations 1:8, 2 Corinth 11:4. ........ Those who preach the heresies that this church teach are not from God. They are enemies of God. They are walking in darkness.  They may be very convincing with their smooth words and kindness ( just as JW and Mormons) but they are not reborn again in Christ. Satan comes as an angel of light.  2Corinth 11: 13-14 Christ has said what fellowship is there between darkness and light.  Start to worship at home if there isnt a biblically sound church located within reason of your home . You are the head of your wife. Christ is the head of you!! In love I encourage you to get your household in order. Show your wife ,in love, the things on their website pointed out here today and then show her the truth in scripture. That can be your first bible study. I personally follow John MacArthur online(gracetoyou.org) and on Facebook. He is a biblical pastor rooted in the word. You and your wife will be spiritually well cared for with his teaching. He preaches the word . I sincerely pray that your situation change asap. In Christ.Amen

Another good, sound pastor is Dr. David Jeremiah....he has video sermons on YouTube, is on TV and the radio.  He usually does a series of sermons on various topics such as the Book of Revelation.  Right now he is doing a series on Overcoming as a Christian.

Dr. Jeremiah also offers a free, monthly devotional magazine.   It has articles and devotionals which you could use as a Bible study guide for yourself and your wife.   It's very sound....www.DavidJeremiah.org

Please do something to help your wife fulfill her need of learning about the Bible in a Scriptural way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:40 PM, pogi said:

Hi Pogi! How are things going with getting your wife to see the truth? Something else came to mind thinking about this "Jesus is not God but just a man" heresy. Since, according to this Iglesia Ni Cristo fiction, that Jesus was just a man, then they should be able to show other men capable of Christ's deeds right? What one man can do, certainly there must be others who can do the same. So, who do they have that can claim being God's ONLY begotten Son, was immaculately conceived, knows the Will of God and has God's Authority, walks on water, commands storms to cease, feeds thousands with a few fish and loaves of bread, heals the sick with a word, casts out demons, raises the dead back to life, can be killed and resurrected on the third day for all to see, hear and converse with and every other deed of Christ?  Certainly, if their doctrine is true, they have to have members capable of these things, right? Again, if Jesus was just a man, where are the men in their organization that does what Jesus does? Ask you wife who these members are. They do not exist, not even the Beast of Revelation can do all that Christ does. She has to agree with this. 

Cheers Pogi!!! :mellow:

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, Pogi, please keep us updated.    Do talk with your wife about the things RockyMidnight mentioned that prove Jesus was much more than just a man.  Also, the Virgin Birth...make sure she understands that this is how Jesus has the Divine nature in addition to a human nature.

• Thumbs Up 1