• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1958

I have asked this question to different members of the clergy, they have all stated that the bible says believers all have guardian angels, which is what the bible says. They have also stated the bible does not say either way and they do not know the answer. So do non believers also have guardian angels before they confess and trust jesus as their Lord and Savior. God knows before you were born if you are going to accept him or reject him. So are there guardian angels to guide you towards salvation and through the rough times before you accept jesus Christ. OR is it done solely through the Holy Spirit

Thanks and God bless you all

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, pogi said:

I have asked this question to different members of the clergy, they have all stated that the bible says believers all have guardian angels, which is what the bible says. They have also stated the bible does not say either way and they do not know the answer. So do non believers also have guardian angels before they confess and trust jesus as their Lord and Savior. God knows before you were born if you are going to accept him or reject him. So are there guardian angels to guide you towards salvation and through the rough times before you accept jesus Christ. OR is it done solely through the Holy Spirit

I don't see any Biblical affirmation that every person has a Guardian Angel.. Thats seems to be a tradition which seems to have originated from some other source.. 

But the general idea of Angels being sent to protect certain people at certain times is supported in the Bible.. But the idea that when we are born each person is assigned a personal angel seems to be a creation of the catholic religon..

The Bible does support the idea that the Holy Spirit plays a part in moving people towards a response to the will of God.. Either acceptance or rejection..

2 Kings 6 KJV

12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.

13 And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan. 14 Therefore sent he thither

horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about. 15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and

gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? 16 And he

answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may

see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man ; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Heb 1:14  ESV Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

Angels serve and obey God.  He sends them out on behalf of those who are being saved.  The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, righteousness and judgement.  He brings us to repentance and reliance on Jesus Christ for salvation.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, pogi said:

No, Guardian angels are a myth.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I would say it depended on God's purpose for the unbeliever.

Guest shiloh357
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Eliptic01 said:

I would say it depended on God's purpose for the unbeliever.

Why?  The Bible does not even lay claim to the existence of "guardian angels."   It is really more of secular idea than a Christian one.   It is unbelieving, secular  world that has such an inordinate fascination with angels, which is not surprising since Satan is an angel.   People tend to look to angels for those things that only God can do for them.  

For the believer, God is their protector, their defending.   He is the one that watches over them and guides/guards their steps.  You don't need an angel for what God has already promised He would do for us.  

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

While guardian my not be the correct term, this account proves that God does send angels to assist believers. 

"And behold, an angel of the Lord suddenly appeared and a light shone in the cell; and he struck Peter’s side and woke him up, saying, “Get up quickly.” And his chains fell off his hands. And the angel said to him, “Gird yourself and put on your sandals.” And he did so. And he said to him, “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me.” And he went out and continued to follow, and he did not know that what was being done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision. When they had passed the first and second guard, they came to the iron gate that leads into the city, which opened for them by itself; and they went out and went along one street, and immediately the angel departed from him. When Peter came to himself, he said, “Now I know for sure that the Lord has sent forth His angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting.”  (Acts 12:7-11) 

Yeah, no one said that God doesn't send angels to assist believers.    Guardian angles are a myth, not a mislabeled concept.   They are not biblical.