• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

A Worship Meditation, by Debp

True worship touches our spirit; that is why we long to worship God in spirit and in truth.  We need true worship of the Lord as a thirsty plant needs water.  Nothing else can satisfy our hearts - anything else is merely lip service to God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

Heart Cries, by Debp

The fact that God knows us better than we know ourselves and that He hears the cries of our heart is such a great comfort.  We might not understand everything but let's put what we don't understand into His all-knowing hands.  Take it to the Lord and leave it there.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Heart Cries, by Debp

The fact that God knows us better than we know ourselves and that He hears the cries of our heart is such a great comfort.  We might not understand everything but let's put what we don't understand into His all-knowing hands.  Take it to the Lord and leave it there.

So true, scripture says;

”the just shall live by faith”

it is by faith we have access to God, it gives such peace and joy to know that truth by experience. 

Thanks for the morning praise. ?

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

:emot-heartbeat: Love all of these, Debp. You have been a blessing to Worthy.

Proud to have you as my sister in Christ.:)Keep up the good work of adding inspiration wherever you go.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

How to Overcome Evil, by Debp

Never pay back evil for evil to anyone.  Do things in such a way that everyone can see that you are honorable.  Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible.  Dear friends, never avenge yourselves.  Leave that to God, for it is written,

"I will take vengeance; I will repay those that deserve it," says the Lord.  Instead, do what the Scriptures say: "If your enemies are hungry, feed them.  If they are thirsty, give them something to drink, and they will be ashamed of what they have done to you."  Don't let evil get the best of you, but conquer evil by doing good.  Romans 12:17-21 (NLT)

Do you ever notice when people fight back when someone wrongs them, that this just seems to escalate the situation for the worse?  Many times I have seen this happen, sometimes with a tragic outcome.

As Christians, we are to use our wisdom and follow the teachings that the Lord gave us.  Doing this will often defuse a potentially explosive situation.  We are also to remember that God is the One who will take vengeance on our behalf.  So keep on overcoming evil with good, pray for your enemies, and let God right any wrongs against you.  You will be a much happier Christian by letting God fight your battles for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/29/2018 at 4:38 AM, Debp said:

How to Overcome Evil, by Debp

Never pay back evil for evil to anyone.  Do things in such a way that everyone can see that you are honorable.  Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible.  Dear friends, never avenge yourselves.  Leave that to God, for it is written,

"I will take vengeance; I will repay those that deserve it," says the Lord.  Instead, do what the Scriptures say: "If your enemies are hungry, feed them.  If they are thirsty, give them something to drink, and they will be ashamed of what they have done to you."  Don't let evil get the best of you, but conquer evil by doing good.  Romans 12:17-21 (NLT)

Do you ever notice when people fight back when someone wrongs them, that this just seems to escalate the situation for the worse?  Many times I have seen this happen, sometimes with a tragic outcome.

As Christians, we are to use our wisdom and follow the teachings that the Lord gave us.  Doing this will often defuse a potentially explosive situation.  We are also to remember that God is the One who will take vengeance on our behalf.  So keep on overcoming evil with good, pray for your enemies, and let God right any wrongs against you.  You will be a much happier Christian by letting God fight your battles for you.

Wise words. Always good to be reminded.

Blessings 

much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 2

On 9/22/2018 at 5:57 PM, Debp said:

I'm glad all of you enjoyed the poem!   Will add more things slowly. :heart:

Looking Unto Jesus, by Debp

No matter what happens in life...keep trusting and looking to Jesus.  He will get us through the trials.  If we get our eyes on the trials, then those will be the only type of things we see in life, and our lives can then become quite sad or only negative.   The trials will pass...keep looking to Jesus.

Just now discovered this treasure hidden in the forums of Worthy! Thank You Jesus!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

For any confused readers:

This post is just a spot to erase over/undo my oops. lol... I somehow ended up quoting what DebP said as being from Not me. Anyway, Not me kindly pointed this out to me.

Sorry Deb. I think I fixed it. For the record, I knew it was you, Deb. (Just didn't see Not me appearing above the quote. I'm a bit technologically challenged. lol)

Edited by turtletwo
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, In Him said:

Just now discovered this treasure hidden in the forums of Worthy! Thank You Jesus!

20 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

Yes, I have noticed this. Friendships even end over this, sadly. :( 

But for those of us who sometimes 'get our foot in our mouth' (in the heat of the moment) and our sister/brother in Christ chooses to forgive and move on (you know who you are :))...I praise God. 

Thanks for this post. Excellent counsel.  

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

Very uplifting thread!  

Thanks to all of you.  Glad you are enjoying it.   I wanted to give you all a little heart but the Wi-Fi has been acting up alot lately so that is why I sometimes can't give the "likes" and can't post as often.  Will try to keep adding more as I am able.   God bless you all for your kind words.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1