Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

George, just wondering if some topics could be saved if members were all given a warning in the thread about keeping things civil?   This, of course, only when the insults start.   It seems we have lost (deleted) a good many threads lately due to insults flying. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Honestly, our first step would be to remove the insult / send a PM.  Multiple insults, usually gets someone banned from the thread.  However, if it's a situation where there are multiple reports from multiple people on multiple posts -- those are the threads that don't last!  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

it would be ok if they were just locked.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

7 hours ago, George said:

Honestly, our first step would be to remove the insult / send a PM.  Multiple insults, usually gets someone banned from the thread.  However, if it's a situation where there are multiple reports from multiple people on multiple posts -- those are the threads that don't last!  :)

I agree with other one....it would be better to just lock the topics.

I have reported insulting/rude posts....thinking the insulters would be warned.   Instead the topics get deleted.  At this rate, there will be hardly any new topics to read....threads are being deleted regularly.

Also, in one thread, all of the nicely stated rebuttals were deleted....but the original post with misinformation was allowed to remain.  ???  This seems very unfair.

I know you are busy so just trying to let you know what's going on here.  Perhaps this is why some people are leaving?

6 hours ago, other one said:

it would be ok if they were just locked.

• Steward

On 9/24/2018 at 6:58 PM, Debp said:

I agree with other one....it would be better to just lock the topics.

We'll discuss it and talk about perhaps changing our moderation style a bit.  It would just be easier -- if people just understood basic means of the Golden Rule!  And to learn to agree to disagree.  :)

I have reported insulting/rude posts....thinking the insulters would be warned.   Instead the topics get deleted.  At this rate, there will be hardly any new topics to read....threads are being deleted regularly.

I find this hard to believe.  So just a review of statistics over the past month (current month September 1-27th 2018 so there's still 3 days left).  There were 987 new topics started with 10,670 posts replied.  There were 15 topics removed this entire month that is sitting in a special forum designated as "Deleted Threads".

Also, in one thread, all of the nicely stated rebuttals were deleted....but the original post with misinformation was allowed to remain.  ???  This seems very unfair.

Do you remember the topic?  I can review it.  :)

We'll discuss it and talk about perhaps changing our moderation style a bit.  It would just be easier -- if people just understood basic means of the Golden Rule!  And to learn to agree to disagree.  :)

I find this hard to believe.  So just a review of statistics over the past month (current month September 1-27th 2018 so there's still 3 days left).  There were 987 new topics started with 10,670 posts replied.  There were 15 topics removed this entire month that is sitting in a special forum designated as "Deleted Threads".

Do you remember the topic?  I can review it.  :)

Well, alot of the topics I was following were deleted so it seemed like alot to me.   Even my Preventing Deleted Threads about speaking to each other respectfully got deleted as it went downhill! :o. But actually having to delete 15 topics in one month does seem alot to me.

I will ask the poster whose nicely stated rebuttals were deleted to contact you....I can't recall the name of the thread....it was one about Muslims and some sort of news article.

Edited by Debp

• Steward

10 hours ago, Debp said:

But actually having to delete 15 topics in one month does seem alot to me. 

Remember, that nothing actually ever gets "deleted" -- it really gets "removed from sight" and we can always go back and clean it up and place it back on the forums.  Out of the topics that were removed, several were clearly personal attacks and would never be allowed back on the forums. 

Is it "End Muslim Immigration to the US"?  Is this the topic you're referring?

57 minutes ago, George said:

Remember, that nothing actually ever gets "deleted" -- it really gets "removed from sight" and we can always go back and clean it up and place it back on the forums.  Out of the topics that were removed, several were clearly personal attacks and would never be allowed back on the forums. 

Is it "End Muslim Immigration to the US"?  Is this the topic you're referring?

No, that wasn't the topic where the original news article with misinformation was allowed to remain but politely stated rebuttals were all removed.  Oh, I see that particular topic was not deleted but rather moved, here is the link...I recall the poster whose posts were removed tried to post in that topic again but apparently his posts were not approved.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/227025-muslim-kristallnacht-legalized-in-europe/

I asked the poster whose posts were removed to contact you.

• Steward

So the article wasn't removed.  :)    Do you think it should be removed?  :)

So the article wasn't removed.  :)    Do you think it should be removed?  :)

No, I think the member whose rebuttals were removed should be allowed to repost his rebuttals to the article.   As long as members state their views and don't do personal attacks, we shouldn't have a problem.