• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

I am due for an injection of mine medication on Monday

here is the problem

it is meant to be a intramuscular injection as in it is meant to be injected into the muscle, not into the bloodstream

the first time it was done by my regular nurse/key worker. there were a little blood coming out in the end, not a lot

the second time it was done by another nurse (as my regular nurse was away), there was no blood what so ever. i asked her about it, if i remember correctly, she might have said there should not be blood when injection goes in, but when pulling it out, there might be some blood sometimes.

i have no idea what was the cause of blood the first time.

because right now i am suffering from side effects of medications, i don't really want risk not having it done properly.

so how i would i communicate this to mine nurse?

it is possible she is not good at it and may feel a bit touchy,also she probably does not want to appear incompetent (

not saying i think she is) 

ask for a different nurse to give the injection is probably not feasible because i am her patient, this is her job. 

one way i can think of to get around it maybe asking her to give the injection to the hip instead of the arm, but i have been told the needle used for arm is different from the needle used for buttock, so this may not work......

anyway, because right now i am under compulsory treatment, she has all the power.

also i know sometimes people can fib in this type of situation, they could say something like "oh, it is all right, it is no big deal" where in reality they know while it is not going to be disastrous, it may still be harmful, it is just because you are the one going to suffer the consequences, so they don't care....

what should i do?

thank you

Edited by Equippers
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

,small amount of blood when the needle is removed is not abnormal occasionally...  I got a flu shot last week that did the same, and my allergy shots do that part of the time.  Really don't worry about it....

Edited by other one