• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Many years ago I found myself homeless and was given a place in a womens refuge, with my two little daughters. it was scary to no longer have a home. But not as scary as being in fear of my life. Many homeless are couch surfing, invisible to statistics, families in hostels and b & b's for many months. I know Mary will know how we feel in those situations. And Jesus would have grown up knowing the circumstances around being born in a stable, and his parents having to flee for their lives and his. I am thankful for that understanding from Him.

OH sister , you were just in training is all.    I imagine a time is fast approaching where True christains who wont conform to an inclusive pc religion and mindset

then we will see great separation as they cast us out .   as in time their will be no jobs for bible believing true JESUS following Christains .

I know most don't think this is possible in America and the west and world .   But not only is it possible,   its already in its lightest form began .

the cake baker,  Yeah,  he is getting sued YET again , this time for not gong along with the gender identity thing .     This world will not and is not going to get better

for the true beleivers, instead we are now headed on the path that JESUS long ago told his own .   And ye will be betrayed , you will be hated by all nations for my name sake.

The time of relative peace in America and western sociteis , that christains have long experienced,  That book has been shut and now the book of persecution is opened .

And it will not be closed till it has led to the utter betrayal and death of many true christains .  

Look around at a few of the homeless ,  for in time to come , we will have a lot in common with them .   Rejects of society ,  hated ,  persecuted

BUT no fear , OUR LORD is with us and shall be with us .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

36 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

OH sister , you were just in training is all.    I imagine a time is fast approaching where True christains who wont conform to an inclusive pc religion and mindset

then we will see great separation as they cast us out .   as in time their will be no jobs for bible believing true JESUS following Christains .

I know most don't think this is possible in America and the west and world .   But not only is it possible,   its already in its lightest form began .

the cake baker,  Yeah,  he is getting sued YET again , this time for not gong along with the gender identity thing .     This world will not and is not going to get better

for the true beleivers, instead we are now headed on the path that JESUS long ago told his own .   And ye will be betrayed , you will be hated by all nations for my name sake.

The time of relative peace in America and western sociteis , that christains have long experienced,  That book has been shut and now the book of persecution is opened .

And it will not be closed till it has led to the utter betrayal and death of many true christains .  

Look around at a few of the homeless ,  for in time to come , we will have a lot in common with them .   Rejects of society ,  hated ,  persecuted

BUT no fear , OUR LORD is with us and shall be with us .   

That all started long long ago.   See Acts 8

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

I am thankful for that understanding from Him.

Praise God for the insight gained by such hard experience. May God bless you for sharing and encouraging words especially those from personal   experience to those that also may suffer today  or suddenly in  time to come.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

26 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

That all started long long ago.   See Acts 8

OH I know .     But we here in America sure aint seen that kind of persecution in large at all.

OH but the true lambs will.     You know what is sad neighbor ,   most will never even see it as persecution .  instead they will be the ones rejoicing

saying things like those haters , all they ever did was try and warn us , they spoke out against sin ,  they were not inclusive .

YEAH ,  most of the true brides betrayers , CAME FROM and WILL COME from within our own religion .   So let the naysayers and haters as SOME HERE call us

Cease with that mindset and let the warners expose . 

Please don't add the word haters and attribute that to me. You may attribute "naysayers" to me anytime regarding what I think of the poor  hurt souls  that run around saying there has never been a good church, all pastors are terrible, etc etc.  often  it seems doing so is an effort to find company for their own sorrows and hurts.  I do have sympathy for the naysayer, but not the naysaying.

Anyway, what of the homeless do you know some, do you get to talk to many?

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Yes I knew a few. My town used to have many because we have a boardwalk and this is where several live. I even found the spot where they stayed until they were forced to move some where else.

One particular man also used to always ask me for spare change. Usually, when he asked I was in a hurry but 1 day I wasn't so I started talking to him. We do have quite a few programs to help unfortunate people and I wondered why he wasn't using them. I knew he liked beer but he wasn't a hardcore alcoholic. He also didn't seem to mentally deficient in an obvious way but I could see he had a hard time with some concepts. I found out he didn't understand how the social services programs worked. He thought he couldn't apply for help because he was homeless and didn't have a permanent address. However, he had a sister and she had a permanent address which he could use. There were a few other misconceptions he had also that I no longer recall. I spent almost an hour speaking to him and after a few months he was no longer among the homeless crowd that asked for money. So I've assumed he took my advise and he got a place to live. I hope so.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

49 minutes ago, JTC said:

Yes I knew a few. My town used to have many because we have a boardwalk and this is where several live. I even found the spot where they stayed until they were forced to move some where else.

One particular man also used to always ask me for spare change. Usually, when he asked I was in a hurry but 1 day I wasn't so I started talking to him. We do have quite a few programs to help unfortunate people and I wondered why he wasn't using them. I knew he liked beer but he wasn't a hardcore alcoholic. He also didn't seem to mentally deficient in an obvious way but I could see he had a hard time with some concepts. I found out he didn't understand how the social services programs worked. He thought he couldn't apply for help because he was homeless and didn't have a permanent address. However, he had a sister and she had a permanent address which he could use. There were a few other misconceptions he had also that I no longer recall. I spent almost an hour speaking to him and after a few months he was no longer among the homeless crowd that asked for money. So I've assumed he took my advise and he got a place to live. I hope so.

That was really great of you, JTC, to take time to help that homeless man.   In some cases people don't understand how to get help.   Your Christian love was reaching out to him.

For some years I would always see a very cheerful, older homeless man, an amputee in a wheelchair.   He would sit in a particular place as the office crowd got out of work.  I guess he had some regulars that would give to him.   He was rather thin and one cold, windy day, he only had a plastic windbreaker on....I had a heavy jacket and the wind went right through me.   Another time I saw him and he was sick.

Then for a long time I didn't see him anymore.   I wondered about him as he was always a blessing as he called out to people, greeting people.   Finally, I saw him again and he had gained some weight and had a little dog.   He said he finally got an apartment, some organization helped him get it.

2 hours ago, JTC said:

Great encouragement, plus a reminder to take time to listen to people and not get so crusty that "the book" gets judged by it's cover so to speak. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Please don't add the word haters and attribute that to me. You may attribute "naysayers" to me anytime regarding what I think of the poor  hurt souls  that run around saying there has never been a good church, all pastors are terrible, etc etc.  often  it seems doing so is an effort to find company for their own sorrows and hurts.  I do have sympathy for the naysayer, but not the naysaying.

Anyway, what of the homeless do you know some, do you get to talk to many?

I used to talk with them all the time .   I don't get too as much anymore due to I became self employed .   

We had a huge tent city too .  But the city ended that .   fast too .

the vast majority of them will admit they are addicts or were addicts .   not all, but most .  and they are honest about it .

Its why I am very careful not to give money , but rather food , or water , or at times blankets or such if it is winter .

But I don't get to see them near as much anymore .  the city did a crack down .    Heck who knows maybe some were bussed out .

I started noticing some would just be gone .  Of course a few of them would move to other cities and such .

PS,   I told you a while back , I found a good church .   but phew weee,  they are few and far between .    I was fully open and honest with you about my whole experience

of church seeking .   OH but alas I got one now .    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

My apartment was bought by a new owner last year. And they started to refurbish the units. They sent us letters that we had to get out soon. I don't blame them. Anyway i have a job and my daughter has a full time job too. But we now live at a motel. It's pretty expensive.  I pay a week what I paid a month for. I guess I am homeless but I don't feel that way. I can see if the motel told us to leave we could become street homeless. And then might lose our jobs. Then people would say look at those homeless people. They are lazy and probably use drugs and alcohol. I would start to smell and get weak from not proper rest. I think this is possible. But even if so the lord will never leave nor desert me. I feel for the homeless. Many cannot work because of many reasons. We should not judge but just shine christ to them. If they do wrong we can still show God's love.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1