• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Maybe not so bad- except being homeless tends to also mean having no money,  no medical care, no dental care and no friend save perhaps a partner suffering the same plight. Then comes the pregnancy, with lack of any prenatal care.

All of it becomes expensive to a community as well as to the wellbeing of the individual that is homeless.

Mercy and real help with the plight of the homeless is self serving in that it helps the whole community, and to me is a testimony that is good, I think it brings glory to God. It is hard for sure! But it is needed, it is right and needs far greater attention and by more than a city council once a month discussing the problem of having homeless in the community.

Very few of the homeless among us are a David Thoreau. And even he took a holiday and would get into town for provisions if necessary. Haven't read many , nor any really, great books nor poems on being homeless in a rich society.

Added- Well wait a second that  is not correct, wow some of the great literature is about what  I now think of as current history  or current "social" problems, forgetting tales that spoke of conditions from eras past. Why of course many characters of great tales, classics, have been homeless, I just tend to think of those tales as adventures I guess, and not the down and dirty so to speak of being homeless in modern society. And even there a few newer  books have indeed been written.

Edited by Neighbor
Added a correction called Added-
  • Thumbs Up 1