• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

Rev 13:18

" Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Does anyone have this understanding? I do not, but I would like to understand.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

" Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

One thing to keep in mind whenever wisdom or understanding is called for is that it is most always a reference to a spiritual truth.  There are numerous examples of Jesus teaching new covenant spiritual truths that the disciples tried to understand in natural terms.  Examples are being born again (John 3:4-10), what defiles a person (Matt 15:17-18), leaven of the Pharisees (Matt 16:11-12), etc.  While the false prophet (beast from the earth) is a man, what identifies him uniquely (666) is to be understood spiritually.

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

One thing to keep in mind whenever wisdom or understanding is called for is that it is most always a reference to a spiritual truth.  There are numerous examples of Jesus teaching new covenant spiritual truths that the disciples tried to understand in natural terms.  Examples are being born again (John 3:4-10), what defiles a person (Matt 15:17-18), leaven of the Pharisees (Matt 16:11-12), etc.  While the false prophet (beast from the earth) is a man, what identifies him uniquely (666) is to be understood spiritually.

Sure. But is there a way to know specifically? The scripture does say, "...count the number of the beast:"

I have heard a lot of stuff. For instance, the fact that the Greek and Hebrew number systems use letters to represent numbers. Many seem to think it's Nero that's the beast but honestly...how many names are there that could add up to 666 if that name is translated in to Greek or Hebrew? Millions. So that isn't the solution. 

Then I have heard other equally broad solutions as well.

If it is spiritually understood why no interpretation of this parable like statement?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

when someone tells you to worship someone/something or they will cut your head off, you will know that it's the beast that some call the antichrist.....    it will be obvious....   until then we can speculate all over the place...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Sure. But is there a way to know specifically? The scripture does say, "...count the number of the beast:"

I have heard a lot of stuff. For instance, the fact that the Greek and Hebrew number systems use letters to represent numbers. Many seem to think it's Nero that's the beast but honestly...how many names are there that could add up to 666 if that name is translated in to Greek or Hebrew? Millions. So that isn't the solution. 

Then I have heard other equally broad solutions as well.

If it is spiritually understood why no interpretation of this parable like statement?

• And he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.  Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.  Revelation 13:17-18

According to this passage, 666 is a function of the name of the beast.  It is derived from his name.  I don't think it will be a function of his natural given name (Nero, etc.), but rather some spiritual descriptor (son of perdition, etc.) that speaks to his nature.  That's why it takes wisdom and understanding.

1 hour ago, other one said:

when someone tells you to worship someone/something or they will cut your head off, you will know that it's the beast that some call the antichrist.....    it will be obvious....   until then we can speculate all over the place...

Not only that (since "do what I say under the penalty of death" laws aren't new) but also the buying and selling aspect, and not to mention the amazing signs and wonders that deceive the world.  It should be obvious who he is to those who haven't fallen asleep, which makes we wonder why we need to calculate it ahead of time if indeed we are supposed to know ahead of time.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

John 10:25-30
"I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these bear witness of Me. 26 "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep. 27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 

no one is going to be tricked or accidentally take the mark of the beast....     all one has to do is to be saved and have a relationship with the Holy Spirit.     It should only be of use to people who are not believers....   when the time comes we will know.      When the time comes it will upset our lives in really big ways and to decide wrong prior to the time it could have negative effects on our lives for no good reason.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

Who is this satanic Beast? Who is the son of perdition? Who is the MAN of sin? He will manifest himself as a messiah very soon (2Thes,2:v.3-4) What is the name of the false messiah of the Jews, the own Satan incarnated, an ex-Cherub or a former Cherub, the angel of the abyss? 

We know that this is not an ordinary MAN, by the way, his birth here on earth was by prophecy, the appearance of this satanic MAN was prophesied in the OT and NT, this satanic character is included in the Word of God as the greatest enemy of all mankind. This satanic MAN is the angel of the abyss. JESUS spoke about this devilish MAN to the Jews (John 8: v.44), Paul Apostle also makes mention of him (2The.2:v.3-4). Will be he the kabbalistic rabbi Eliyahu Bakshi-Doron? Will be? If it be we will see soon, very soon. He is the red dragon, his name has 18 letters, through the 18 letters of his name we can form or extract the names Abaddon and Apollyon, as follows below:

Rev. 13:v.18 - Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding COUNT the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is:
Six hundred threescore and six.
E  L  I  Y  A  H  U   B A  K  S  H  I   D  O  R   O  N    
A  B  A  D   O  N (in Portuguese language – latin language)
A  B  A  DD   O  N (in English language)
ABADDON is the angel of the bottomless pit.

He is the 6 6 6.
                         E        U         I
                  L        
B       D  
                  I        A       O    
                  Y        K         R   

A       S         O
                  H       H       
 N
                 6     6     6
Simple. 

Simple?

Simply goofy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

Goofier than I first thought!

Well, it should not take too long to find out if you are a false prophet.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

18 hours ago, Diaste said:

Hi Diaste,

THE MARK –  Gk. `charagma,` stamp as a badge of servitude.

This I see as a chip implanted under the skin with all the details of that person`s life, health, medical, finance, etc. Information of that individual that is presently available on our chips, on our cards or in our phones. Information that separates you from every other person on the planet. Information that is needed to connect you into man`s new order. Then finally it is information that means allegiance to the A/C.

THE NAME – Gk. `onoma,` a `name,` (lit. or fig.) authority, character.

This I see as the authority of the A/C, the world leader. If you desire to `buy or sell` then you will need this authority. Today we need to have all sorts of authority to work in opportunity shops to working with children, to doing business etc etc. The world system requires their authority for you to transact & do business. The world system by the A/C believes it has the power & authority (that only God has) to regulate people`s buying & selling.

THE NUMBER – Gk. `arithmos,` a number, from `airo,` reckoned.

`Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.` (Rev. 13: 18)

I believe the number of the `beast` is a summary of him, his character & authority. (Daniel 11: 21 – 45 gives a good description.)

666  = 600 + 60 + 6.

6 -  sinful man.

60  = 6 X 10 - sinful man disobeying God`s law.

600  = 6 X 10 X 10 – sinful man controlled by the spirit of complete lawlessness.

`the coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan with all power & signs & lying wonders.` (2 Thess. 2: 9)

This number describes the `beast` & his world system of control. Everyone in this system will have a number to identify them as different from others. People can be verified, tracked & controlled.

Finally, everyone in the world`s system will have the MARK (details of life) & a NUMBER connecting them to the system. Then if people want to `buy & selL,` they will need the authorisation of this system – the NAME. Note, not everyone `buys & sells,` - some elderly in nursing homes, some disabled, some poor, some living off the land etc.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, other one said:

Sure. But the passage seems so specific. A definite article appears often enough it leads to a specific quality identifying a specific person.

I think it's important as anything as it was written right there, two millennia past. If it was of no consequence then the riddle could have been omitted, but it was not.

Seems like something we are able to discern, and maybe should.