Sign in to follow this  
naominash

You can Judge. Just judge Carefully

What about what Paul said about turning someone over to Satan? This required judging. I boldened the verses I refer to.

Sexual Immorality Defiles the Church

1 Corinthians 5:1-5

"It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus,5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord."

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul clearly stated that we are to judge fellow Believers......we are not supposed to judge the world, that is God’s job

Right Paul says that, mot Jesus.

6 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

What about what Paul said about turning someone over to Satan? This required judging. I boldened the verses I refer to.

Sexual Immorality Defiles the Church

1 Corinthians 5:1-5

"It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus,5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord."

A perfect point in case TT :)  

1 Cor 2:12-16

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
KJV

and again

Phil 3:9-11

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead
KJV

Many get caught up in the convoluted and sin sick place where we began... wherein we are to renew- by reforming to God's Word not bringing over to make clean. In all of evil judgment is in itself there for it is not of God... We actually waste time by thinking evil can be made good but that is not possible according to your passage BUT the power of God to keep that which is here that is good 'IS' His intention for all of God's family Rom 7 into Rom 8 by His Son

John 10:24-30

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, naominash said:

Again, why is it sinful? All of us deserve death in the first place for rejecting God. But those who reject God's transformative grace and persist in abusing others are not an exception. Isn't the abuser the sinful one? Is wanting righteousness and oppression to stop really a sin?

Also, you judge me or someone else as sinful for even having the thought. I thought believers weren't supposed to judge one another. 

Hi again, okay we have  at this time very different perspectives on the subject. I find it interesting  though that you seem eager  to judge or have God enact your judgement, but then tell me I cannot judge you.

Personally I prefer to make discernments and act accordingly  and let the judgements be God's  in  His own good time and manner not mine. For at this late point in a long life there probably isn't a sin by another that I can get worked up about that I haven't committed myself. 

I don't want the judgements by me to become the judgements against me too! As for me I cannot go to the Lord's supper with disdain for another person on my list of sins against God. So... I do repent of my own desires to see certain individuals "die" young at the hand of God and suffer eternal damnation for their sins against me. Instead I ask God that He hear my own repentance of my own terrible sins against Him; and that He not count any thing of an evil nature evil done  by another against me at all. I do so  as all  such events have been used of God and have worked together to make me see God and His  unmerited mercy upon me.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

God is the only righteous judge and judges perfectly. 

Say it again!!!!

9 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Judging is being spoken of in a positive sense here. There are definitely scriptures that do.

It is a common mistake to get hung up one verse "Judge not that ye be not judged"...when, if read from context is referring to judging someone when you are committing the same sin (or worse.)

In other words, this is about hypocrisy. For example: If you are in the midst of cheating on your spouse and yet preaching at others about the evils of adultery. I'm sure most of us can think of famous televangelists who have done this and hurt the cause of Christ.

I ask that you please re-read the verses and ask God to open your eyes to the actual meaning. Otherwise, we have the church actively running about excusing or overlooking sin in the name of 'not judging.' (It also makes me wonder if it is due to not wanting their OWN sins confronted. Food for thought...)

• This is Worthy 1

27 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Right Paul says that, mot Jesus.

Are you replying that what Paul wrote in Scripture is different from what Jesus said?

Paul judged Alexander.

In II Timothy 4:14-15, Paul writes:

"Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done. You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message."

I don't support human retaliation. My post didn't support it. 

You can judge a person and still be forgiving. To judge and to condemn are two different things. 

I'm not for being hateful. Only being wise. 

Please note, I am just trying to reason what you have said and not for or against what you said, just want some further clarification.

You did say that you can ask God for someone to be killed.  Is that not condemnation.   

If you ever been in spiritual warfare and I have, I have asked God to rain down fire and brimstone on the unseen forces that has come to war against my soul.  In that respect, I use the Psalms.   In respect to relationships and human enslavement ect., many have gone to the grave asking God to forgive their abusers.  Look at Stephen , he died a horrible death, but still asked for his abusers to be forgiven. 

The thing also with judging is, let's say hypothetically you are wrong for whatever reason, then the guilt can be a lasting effect for a long time and holes can be dug deep .  Sure we live in a hostile world and we have to make sometimes quick decisions that may affect our safety and security.  Biblical though, things have to be thought over carefully and the Bible does provide ways to resolve conflicts as to similar ways the civil courts do their justice.

Personal judgement even within the church will occur, but wisdom and prayer has to be the key to make decisions.  I have had to leave Churches for example and I had to make that decision that no one else could do for me.  

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Are you replying that what Paul wrote in Scripture is different from what Jesus said?

As Peter said Paul teachings contain teachings that are hard to understand. 

Jesus is clear on judgement, repeatedly speaking and lived by example to show that we (Man) are not authorized or righteous enough to judge perfectly, so we should not do so because most likely it will lead to our own falling away. 

Too many people use Paul's teachings to allow judgement. I don't think that was Paul's intent but many use his teachings to justify them judging others.

Granted we are to test The Word taught by (Man), to ensue we are not swept up by wolves. We can warn against others following such wolves, but do not judge. For judgement is only authorized to Jesus. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this