• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

Return of Elijah | Right Division
ELIJAH WILL “RESTORE ALL THINGS” | Right Word Truth

Hello there,

These two links, as you can see, consider the return of Elijah the prophet. I would appreciate your thoughts on this subject.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello there,

These two links, as you can see, consider the return of Elijah the prophet. I would appreciate your thoughts on this subject.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

(Daniel's Divisions are Never Calculated to Equal more than 1000 Years individually, and each of those divisions 69th, 62th, "One Week/Middle of the Week", describe literal periods under 1000 Years (To the Exodus // To the Birth of Jesus // To the 153 Days of Star Wormwood/Noah)

(Simplified ?)

70 // 1290 and 1335 // 42 (1260)

1947 to 2017 .......9/23/2017 + 450 Days/Prophets of Baal ....... 12/21/2018 + 42 Years

(9/23 and 12/21 are spelled in the figures) (to 12/21/2060)

ISAIAH 17:6 Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two [or] three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four [or] five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the LORD God of Israel.

I KINGS 18:22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, [even] I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets [are] four hundred and fifty men.

I KINGS 18:23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay [it] on wood, and put no fire [under]: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay [it] on wood, and put no fire [under]:

1000 (?) 2300 / 1290

1000 (?) 1260

1000 (?) 1335

9/23/2017 the 70 Year of Daniel 9:2

42 Years Half of 77 years

35 Years Half of 77 Years

Jesus was only Risen for 40 Days ................... not 42 Days, not 42 Months .................... 42 Years is the "Middle of the Week (s)" of Daniel for the Lord's Body ...................... (Assessment):

"1260" is not the middle of "1290 and 1335", God already divided that figure, but "1260/42 Years" is the middle of 77 Years, leaving 35. 

We can say "1290" Marks the 70th Year, "1290 and 1335 or 1290 - 1335 = 450", marks the "One Week", and 1260/42 is the "One Week in Years"

1. Canaan Covenant to Abraham for the Hebrews (period ending in exodus)

2. Canaan Covenant to Abraham for the Hebrews (period ending in jesus birth)

3. Canaan Covenant to Abraham for the Hebrews (period ending in 153 Star Wormwood)

As soon as Elijah talks about cutting the animals in half for the "Middle of the Week of Daniel", he is talking about the Canaan Covenant, God wanted Abraham to illustrate in that day, that is the association.  From Nememiah's Wall to Jesus Birth, "Jeshua" appears in Nehemiah's Book and is a dominate figure in the line of priests there, is literal 483 B.C. to Jesus Arrival In Jerusalem around 1 A.D. (that is the Birth of Buddha 483 B.C., but, there are ties specifically to 42 B.C. 40 B.C. etc.).

The other two figures of Daniel are not a literal date statement, but, the figures of Daniel overall are multiples as a parable, you can go from the Creation of the Universe as estimated, to the Current and Next Astrological Ages, and you will find those figures.  But God is not giving that as a literal statement only as a parable.  Since Daniel only Deals with Year Statements, the "One Week of Daniel" = 1260/42 God Revealed, can only be in Years, not months, not days, matching Daniel's Year Statements. (God first revealed in Isaiah as the Gentile Reign 11:9-11, matching Revelations 11).

(Everything will be resolved on 12/21/2018)

(Issac Newton is Halley's Comet)

(Saint Malachy is Mayan Calendar)

(William Miller is "2520" or 1260/42 for 1260 + 1260)

(William Miller is 12/20 to 12/25 Christmas Day ................. 584283 for Mayan Calendar will give us the end of the calendar length at 12/20/2012 ...................... the old calendar systems always used 360 + 5 Days, to adjust for the Lord's Coming, and they are all proven false, unless God us using Sidreal Shift of the Stars, that is about 5 Days of Shift for 5000 Years or 5 Days of Shift for 2000 Years, from the Solstice of December to Christmas Day)

(You can make the Mayan Calendar Say Anything, Example)

(12/21/2012 is for Sun in Galactic Center .......... Tropical Zodiac of Sun around Ecliptic Unchanging Values, against the constellations, that report the Solstices/Equinoxes during the year, unchanging values)

(12/20/2018/12/25/2018 CHRISTMAS is for Sun in Dark Rift ............ Sidreal Shift of Pole Stars against Constellations for Changing Values, should produce the Dark Rift alignment about 6 years away or 666)

(BOTTOM LINE = Daniel's Divisions are in YEARS, not days, and that means that 1260 days or 42 months, is not the right answer) (further more Jesus did return for 40 days in jerusalem ... he did not return for 42 days ... he will return for 42 years, outside of the 70 years of daniel (many things happened before the birth of jesus)

(You can make a number system say what you want ..................... God gaves us a "Number Table at Best", you can't really make it say what you want, since it is very rigid, as we've said) (perhaps nightly walk for ethnic euthanasia this week)

Edited by Gibbus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello there,

In Christ Jesus

Chris

This is a rather long explanation of what you're inquiring to. It's the explanation I subscribe to and makes biblical sense to me. It's very interesting and a worthwhile read. 

Behold I will send (I send, as a future, proximate in the prophet's mind) you Elijah the prophet - The Archangel Gabriel interprets this for us, to include the sending of John the Immerser. For he not only says Lu 1:17. that he shall "go before" the Lord "in the spirit and power of Elias," but describes his mission in the characteristic words of Malachi, "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children:" and those other words also, "and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just," perhaps represent the sequel in Malachi, "and the hearts of the children to the fathers;" for their hearts could only be so turned by conversion to God, whom the fathers, patriarchs and prophets, knew, loved and served; and whom they served in name only. John the Immerser, in denying that he was Elias, Joh 1:21 denied only, that he was that great prophet himself. Our Lord, in saying Mt 11:14, "This is Elias, which was for to come Mt 17:12 that Elias is come already and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed," met the error of the scribes, that He could not be the Christ, because Elias was not yet come. When He says Mt 17:11, "Elias truly shall first come and restore all things," He implies a coming of Elijah, other than that of John the Immerser, since he was already martyred, and all things were not yet restored. This must also be the fullest fulfillment. "For the great and terrible Day of the Lord" is the Day of Judgment, of which all earthly judgments, however desolating, (as the destruction of Jerusalem) are but shadows and earnests. Before our Lord's coming all things looked on to His first coming, and, since that coming, all looks on to the second, which is the completion of the first and of all things in time.

Our Lord's words, "Elias truly shall first come and restore all things," seem to me to leave no question, that, as John the Immerser came, in the spirit and power of Elias, before His first coming, so, before the second coming, Elijah should come in person, as Jews and Christians have alike expected. This has been the Christian expectation from the first. Justin Martyr asked his opponent "Shall we not conceive that the Word of God has proclaimed Elias to be the forerunner of the great and terrible day of His second Coming?" "Certainly," was Trypho's reply. Justin continues, "Our Lord Himself taught us in His own teaching that this very thing shall be, when the said that 'Elias also shall come;' and we know that this shall be fulfilled, when He is about to come from heaven in glory." Tertullian says "Elias is to come again, not after a departure from life, but after a translation; not to be restored to the body, from which he was never taken; but to be restored to the world, from which he was translated; not by way of restoration to life, but for the completion of prophecy; one and the same in name and in person." "Enoch and Elias were translated, and their death is not recorded, as being deferred; but they are reserved as to die, that they may vanquish Antichrist by their blood."

And, in proof that the end was not yet, "No one has yet received Elias; no one has yet fled from Antichrist." And the ancient author of the verses against Marcion;, "Elias who has not yet tasted the debt of death, because he is again to come into the world." Origen says simply in one place, that the Saviour answered the question as to the objection of the Scribes, "not annulling what had been handed down concerning Elias, but affirming that there was another coming of Elias before Christ, unknown to the scribes, according to which, not knowing him, and, being in a manner, accomplices in his being cast into prison by Herod and slain by him, they had done to him what they listed." Hippolytus has, "As two Comings of our Lord and Saviour were indicated by the Scriptures, the first in the flesh, in dishonor, that He might be set at naught - the second in glory, when He shall come from heaven with the heavenly host and the glory of the Father - so two forerunners were pointed out, the first, John, the son of Zacharias, and again - since He is manifested as Judge at the end of the world, His forerunners must first appear, as He says through Malachi, 'I will send to you Elias the Tishbite before the great and terrible day of the Lord shall come. '"

Hilary, "The Apostles inquire in anxiety about the times of Elias. To whom He answereth, that "Elias will come and restore all things," that is, will recall to the knowledge of God, what he shall find of Israel; but he signifies that John came "in the spirit and power of Elias," to whom they had shown all severe and harsh dealings, that, foreannouncing the Coming of the Lord, he might be a forerunner of the Passion also by an example of wrong and harass." "We understand that those same prophets (Moses and Elias) will come before His Coming, who, the Apocalypse of John says, will be slain by Antichrist, although there are various opinions of very many, as to Enoch or Jeremiah, that one of them is to die, as Elias."

Hilary the Deacon, 355 a.d., has on the words, "I suppose God hath set forth us the Apostles last;" "He therefore applies these to his own person, because he was always in distress, suffering, beyond the rest, persecutions and distresses, as Enoch and Elias will suffer, who will be Apostles at the last time. For they have to be sent before Christ, to make ready the people of God, and fortify all the Churches to resist Antichrist, of whom the Apocalypse attests, that they will suffer persecutions and be slain." "When the faithless shall be secure of the kingdom of the devil, the saints, i. e., Enoch and Elias being slain, rejoicing in the victory, and 'sending gifts, one to another' as the Apocalypse says Re 11:10 sudden destruction shall come upon them. For Christ at His Coming, shall destroy them all." Gregory of Nyssa quotes the prophecy under the heading, that "before the second Coming of our Lord, Elias should come."

Ambrose, "Because the Lord was to come down from heaven, and to ascend to heaven, He raised Elias to heaven, to bring him back to the earth at the time He should please." "The beast, Antichrist, ascends from the abyss to fight against Elias and Enoch and John, who are restored to the earth for the testimony to the Lord Jesus, as we read in the Apocalypse of John."

Jerome gives here the mystical meaning; "God will send, in Elias (which is interpreted 'My God' and wire is of the town Thisbe, which signifies 'conversion' or 'penitence') the whole choir of the prophets, "to convert the heart of the fathers to the sons," namely, Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the patriarchs, that their posterity may believe in the Lord the Saviour, in whom themselves believed: 'for Abraham saw the day of the Lord and was glad.'" Here, he speaks of the "coming of Elias before their anointed," as a supposition of Jews and Judaizing heretics. But in commenting on our Lord's words in Matthew, he adheres twice to the literal meaning. On Mt 11:14-15, "Some think that John is therefore called Elias, because, as, according to Malachi, at the second coming of the Saviour. On Mt 17:11-12, Elias will precede and announce the Judge to come, so did John at His first coming, and each is a messenger, of the first or second coming of the Lord:" and again concisely, On Mt 17:11-12, "He who is to come in the second Coining of the Saviour in the actual body, now comes through John in spirit and power;" and he speaks of Enoch and Elias as "the two witnesses in the Revelation, since, according to the Apocalypse of John, Enoch and Elias are spoken of, as having to die."

Chrysostom, "When He saith that Elias "cometh and shall restore all things," He means Elias himself, and the conversion of the Jews, which shall then be; but when He saith, "which was to come," He calls John, Elias, according to the manner of his ministry."

In Augustine's time it was the universal belief., "When he (Malachi) had admonished them to remember the law of Moses, because he foresaw, that they would for a long time not receive it spiritually, as it ought, he added immediately; "And I will send you Elias the Thisbite" etc. That when, through this Elias, the great and wonderful prophet, at the last time before the judgment, the law shall have been expounded to them, the Jews shall believe in the true Christ, i. e., in our Christ, is everywhere in the mouths and hearts of the faithful. For not without reason is it hoped, that he shall come before the Coming of the Saviour, as Judge, because not without reason is it believed that he still lives. For he was carried in a chariot of fire from things below; which Scripture most evidently attests. When he shall come then, by expounding the law spiritually, which the Jews now understand carnally, he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children."

Cyril of Alexandria, his antagonist "Theodoret, and Theodore" of Mopsuestia, who was loose from all tradition, had the same clear belief. Cyril; "It is demonstrative of the gentleness and long-suffering of God, that Elias also the Tishbite shall shine upon us, to foreannounce when the Judge shall come to those in the whole world. For the Son shall come down, as Judge, in the glory of the Father, attended by the angels, and shall 'sit on the throne of His glory, judging the world in righteousness, and shall reward every man according to his works.' But since we are in many sins, well is it for us, that the divine prophet goes before Him, bringing all those on earth to one mind; that all, being brought to the unity through the faith, and ceasing from evil intents, may fulfill that which is good, and so be saved when the Judge cometh down. The blessed John the Baptist came before Him "in the spirit and power of Elias." But, as he preached saying, 'Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make His paths straight,' so also the divine Elias proclaims His then being near and all-but-present, that He may 'judge the world in righteousness.'" Theodoret;, "Malachi teaches us how, when Antichrist shall presume on these things, the great Elias shall appear, preaching to the Jews the coming of Christ: and he shall convert many, for this is the meaning of, "he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children," i. e., the Jews (for these he calls fathers, as being older in knowledge) to those who believed from the Gentiles. They who shall believe through the preaching of the great Elias, and shall join themselves to the Gentiles who seized the salvation sent to them, shall become one church.

He hints, how when these things are done by Antichrist, Michael the Archangel will set all in motion, that Elias should come and foreannounce the coming of the Lord that the then Jews may obtain salvation." And on this place, "Knowing well, that they would neither obey the law, nor receive Him when He came, but would deliver Him to be crucified, He promises them, in His unspeakable love for man, that He will again send Elias as a herald of salvation, 'Lo, I will send you Elias the Tishbite.' And signifying the time, He added, 'Before the great and terrible day of the Lord shall come:' He named the Day of His Second Coming. But He teaches us, what the great Elias shall do, when he comes, 'Who shall bring back the heart of the father to the son' etc. And pointing out the end, for which Elias should first come, 'Lest I come and smite the earth utterly.' For lest, finding you all in unbelief, I send you all to that endless punishment, Elias will first come, and will persuade you, O Jews, to unite you indissolubly with those, who from the Gentiles believe in Me, and to be united to My one Church."

Theodore of Mopsuestia paraphrases: "In addition to all which I have said, I give you this last commandment, to remember My law, which I gave to all Israel through Moses, plainly declaring what they ought to do in each thing, and as the first token of obedience, to receive the Lord Christ when He cometh, appearing for the salvation of all men: Who will end the law, but show His own perfection. It had been well, had you immediately believed Him when He came, and known Him, as He whom Moses and all the prophets signified, Who should put an end to the law, and reveal the common salvation of all men, so that it should be manifest to all, that this is the sum and chief good of the whole dispensation of the law, to bring all men to the Lord Christ, Who, for those great goods, should be manifested in His own time. But since, when He manifested Himself, ye manifested your own ungainliness, the blessed Elias shall be sent to you before the second Coming of Christ, when He will come from heaven, to unite those who, for religion, are separated from each other, and, through the knowledge of religion, to bring the fathers to one-mindedness with the children, and in a word, to bring all men to one and the same harmony, when those, then found in ungodliness, shall receive from him the knowledge of the truth in the communion with the godly thence ensuing."

"The African author of the work on the promises and predictions of God." (between 450 and 455 a.d.)

, "Against Antichrist shall be sent two witnesses, the prophets Enoch and Elijah, against whom shall arise three false prophets of Antichrist."

Isidore of Seville 595 a.d.;, "Elias, borne in a chariot of fire, ascended to heaven, to come according to the prophet Malachi at the end of the world, and to precede Christ, to announce His last coming, with great deeds and wondrous signs, so that, on earth too, Antichrist will war against him, be against him, or him who is to come with him, and will slay them; their bodies also will lie unburied in the streets. Then, raised by the Lord, they will smite the kingdom of Antichrist with a great blow. After this, the Lord will come, and will slay Antichrist with the word of His mouth, and those who worshiped him.", "This will be in the last times, when, on the preaching of Elias, Judah will be converted to Christ."

To add one more, for his great gifts, Gregory the Great., "It is promised, that when Elias shall come, he shall bring back the hearts of the sons to their fathers, that the doctrine of the old, which is now taken from the hearts of the Jews, may, in the mercy of God, return, when the sons shall begin to understand of the Lord God, what the fathers taught.", "Although Elias is related to have been carried to heaven, he deferred, he did not escape, death. For it is said of him by the mouth of the Truth Himself, 'Elias shall come and restore all things.' He shall come to 'restore all things;' for to this end is he restored to this world, that he may both fulfill the office of preaching, and pay the debt of the flesh.", "The holy Church, although it now loses many through the shock of temptation, yet, at the end of the world, it receives its own double, when, having received the Gentiles to the full, all Judaea too, which shall then be, agrees to hasten to its faith. For hence it is written, "Until the fullness of the Gentiles shall come, and so all Israel shall be saved."

Hence, in the Gospel the Truth says, "Elias shall come and shall restore all things." For now the Church has lost the Israelites, whom it could not convert by preaching; but then, at the preaching of Elias, while it collects all which it shall find, it receives in a manner more fully what it has lost.", "John is spoken of as to come in the spirit and power of Elias, because, as Elias shall precede the second Coming of the Lord, so John preceded His first. For as Elias will come, as precursor of the Judge, so John was made the precursor of the Redeemer. John then was Elias in spirit; he was not Elias in person. What then the Lord owned as to spirit, that John denies as to the person."

Whether Elijah is one of the two witnesses spoken of in the Apocalypse, is obviously a distinct question. Of commentators on the Apocalypse, Arethas remarks that as to Elijah, there is clear testimony from Holy Scripture, this of Malachi; but that, with regard to Enoch, we have only the fact of his being freed from death by translation, and the tradition of the Church. John Damascene fixed the belief in the Eastern Church. In the West, Bede e. g., who speaks of the belief that the two witnesses were Elijah and Enoch, as what was said by "some doctors," takes our Lord's declaration, that Elijah shall return, in its simple meaning. (on Mt 17:11; Mark 9.) Yet it was no matter of faith. When the belief as to a personal Antichrist was changed by Luther and Calvin, the belief of a personal forerunner of Christ gave way also.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8

@Gibbus

@Dennis1209

Thank you both for responding.

Your approaches are very different, and I thank you for the time and effort you have put in.  I have read both through, and  think that rather than respond to anything in either post, I will let them stand alone as the expression of your understanding concerning the prophecy surrounding Elijah and the role He is to play in the purpose of God, and enter my own observations alongside your own.

I hope to return to this again asap, and look at the Scriptures related to this, God willing, but for now I just want to express my thanks to you both.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134

Consider that the spirit of elijah told prophet john the baptist what to say, and that's why jesus said "that was the elijah who was to come" and john the baptist said "I'm not elijah."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138

5 hours ago, Christine said:

@Gibbus

@Dennis1209

Thank you both for responding.

Your approaches are very different, and I thank you for the time and effort you have put in.  I have read both through, and  think that rather than respond to anything in either post, I will let them stand alone as the expression of your understanding concerning the prophecy surrounding Elijah and the role He is to play in the purpose of God, and enter my own observations alongside your own.

I hope to return to this again asap, and look at the Scriptures related to this, God willing, but for now I just want to express my thanks to you both.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

(Back to Topic) Return of Elijah | Right Division

(Daniel's Observances don't exceed 1000 in their week groupings or in the total, we'll come back to this statement .................. the parable of 1000 in Rev. 20 can be viewed a different way)

DANIEL 2:32 This image's head [was] of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

DANIEL 2:33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

DANIEL 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet [that were] of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

1. Gold (Creation Days/Measurement)

2. Silver (Garden of Eden ... the First Earth with God's Glory)

3. Brass (Days of Enoch ... the Earth is allowed to Rot/Decay/De-Evolution)

4. Iron (Days of Noah ... the Second Earth is Killed off, Everything is Ashes, all life killed)

5. Clay (Homosapien/Abraham is Formed out of the Dust of the Earth) (2300 B.C. for Daniel) (Third Earth Begins)

6. "Stone Without Hands" (God Leads the "Work in the Gospel's Program") (42 Years/1260/2060 A.D. for Daniel)

7. "Stone Finishes the Work" (God Finishes the "Work in the Gospel's Program") (153 Days) (Third Earth Finished)

(God gives Moses two sets of 10 Commandments, and Joshua a Copy of the 10 ................. there's 4 Notable Divisions, but only Three Earth's God has dealth with in total)

1000 Literal Years of Jesus are Proven False (the earth decayed by supernatural means)

3000 B.C. to 2000 B.C. or 3114 B.C. to 2300 B.C. that is 1000 Years (1Corinthians10:8/Daniel 8:14)

Solomon's Temple to the Birth of Jesus, that is another 1000 Years (Joshua 23:10/Job 9:10)

Back to Daniel's Observances:

70 Weeks = 70 / 77 Years Daniel 9:2

69 Weeks = 483 / 480 Years

62 Weeks = 434 / 430 Years

Total =  994 Years + 666 = Mark of the Beast = 1000 yrs (Using the Larger Figures, its not fancy, but there it is)

Jesus delivered Egypt for 430 years, and Jesus Delivered the Hebrews out of Assyria for 480 years (nehemiah's wall) and, Jesus also came for 35 Years and Ministered ....................... out of 1000 Years ........................ only about 42 years are left ........................ Jesus didn't Appear Risen in Jerusalem for 42 Years, it was only for 40 Days ............................. that means ........................... Jesus has about 42 Years left, in his 1000 Year Reign during this Age of the Third Earth, for the events of revelation.

The Facts I can come up with off hand are namely this, *Daniel only Deals in Years, *Daniel only Deals in 1000 Years Total, *Jesus was not Risen for 42 years within the 77 Years from his Birth to the Temple's Destruction, *Jesus acts outside of the 70/77 Year Period of Daniel's Weeks for the 42 Years, *Daniel is about 42 Years short of 1000, and that makes perfect sense.

(Everything will be resolved soon, perhaps 12/21/2018, and no more ............................ Let me make this clear to you now ................................ nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Boy-Subway-SEPTA-Broad-Street-Line-Struck-Killed-Train-Philadelphia-494082421.html ............................. I made the claim the Gentiles were stealing from God originally, and invalidating the 1260 Days of Jesus Ministry, by substituting that for 42 years ......................... after much scrutiny ....................... they claimed instead based on "Emmanuel that is missing or dead in some train tracks or whatever" from Matthew's Genealogy, that the value was 40 Days in Jerusalem as a Placeholder (to complete the genealogy in that day), for the 42 Years in Revelation to complete the 1000 Years of Daniel in Weeks) 

(nightly walk this week, drop dead, and then, may your bodies bust open for using force against me, we can do this again and again)

Edited by Gibbus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 9/23/2018 at 6:45 PM, Christine said:

Hello there,

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Many people argue that the two witnesses of Revelation must testify in the first half of the week, because Elijah will be one of them - and he MUST come before the Day of the Lord. I believe He will be one of the two, but will NOT have to come in the first half, because John the Baptist came in the spirit of Elijah and he certainly came before "The day of the Lord." I think when Jesus said "Elias truly shall first come and restore all things," He was only confirming the truth of the Old Testament prophecy. Of course it was true, because it was written in the word of God. My only point is, the "first" was fulfilled by John the Baptist.

The two witnesses then are free to show up after the start of THE DAY exactly where John first sees them, just before the midpoint of the week. 

Edited by iamlamad

@Gibbus

@Dennis1209

@Archangel Thyos

@R. Hartono

@aimlamad

Forgive me for taking so long to respond. I should have waited before entering until I was better equipped to do so. 

It was not fair of me to begin with entering two studies on the subject, giving two different perspectives, without also giving my thoughts on the subject, based on my own findings.

I now realise that I need to fully investigate this by studying the relevant Scriptures again, in order to understand, not only Elijah's role when alive, but also the prophecies concerning him, and how, when and where they will be fulfilled. Only then will I be in a position to answer authoritatively, my own question in the OP.

Events have prevented me from doing so, but I hope to start this evening.

Thank you for all your responses
In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Edited by Christine

• 2 weeks later...

'Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet 
.. before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
.... And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, 
...... and the heart of the children to their fathers, 
........ lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.'

(Malachi 4:5-6)   

Hi there,

*I have read all of the portions of Scripture related to Elijah:- (1 Kings 17-21; 2 Kings 1-3, 9, 10; 2 Chronicles 21 and Malachi); and have been aware of the effect of the Scriptures upon my own heart and mind, as I read. 

For the word of God is quick, 
.. and powerful, 
.... and sharper than any twoedged sword, 
...... piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, 
........ and of the joints and marrow, 
.......... and is a discerner 
............ of the thoughts and intents of the heart.'

(Heb 4:12) 

Praise God!

* Malachi 3:1, though referring to Elijah, was also fulfilled in John the Baptist (Matt.10:11; Mar.1:2; Luke 7:27) , 

'Behold, I will send My messenger, 
and he shall prepare the way before Me: 
and the Lord, whom ye seek, 
shall suddenly come to His temple, 
even the messenger of the covenant, 
whom ye delight in: 
behold, He shall come, 
saith the LORD of hosts. '

(Malachi 3:1) 

* I have also looked at the references to Elijah in the New Testament, in their context:-

(Matthew 11:14; 16:13-14; 17:3, 4, 10-12; 27:49)
(Mark 6:15; 8:28; 9:4-5, 11-13; 15:35-36)
(Luke 1:17; 4:25-26; 9:8, 19, 30, 33, 54)
(John 1:21, 25)  (Rom. 11:2)  (James 5:17)

* Though the gospel references repeat, it is worth reading each one, for sometimes something is enlarged upon.

* I am just becoming re-acquainted with Elijah and the prophecy concerning him, in order to hopefully be able to understand Malachi 4:4-5 better .  Though if I never fully understand the part that this will play leading up to the Lord's coming, the journey through the Scriptures is a blessing in itself.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine

On 9/25/2018 at 6:46 AM, Archangel Thyos said:

Consider that the spirit of Elijah told prophet John the baptist what to say, and that's why Jesus said "that was the Elijah who was to come" and John the baptist said "I'm not Elijah."

'For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.'

(Matthew 11:13-15) 

'And they asked him,  (John the Baptist)
What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, "I am not". 
Art thou that prophet? And he answered, "No".
Then said they unto him, 
Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
He said, -
"I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, 
Make straight the way of the Lord, 
as said the prophet Esaias."

(John 1:21-23, see also, Isaiah 40:3; Matt.3:3; Mar.1:3; Luke 3:4)  

Hello there A.T.

Sorry not to respond earlier. 

*The angel of the Lord said to Zacharias concerning John the Baptist, before his birth:-

'For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, 
.. and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; 
.... and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, 
...... even from his mother's womb.
........ And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
.......... And he shall go before Him in the spirit and power of Elias
............ to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, 
.............. and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; 
................ to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.'

(Luke 1:15-17)  

* Yes, John was performing his Divinely appointed role, in 'the spirit and power of Elijah'. So, it is possible that when someone arises like unto John the Baptist, prior to the second  coming of Christ, that it will be, once again, someone coming,'in the spirit and power of Elijah', and not necessarily Elijah in person.

* Elijah and Moses (representing the law and the prophets) were seen on the mount of transfiguration, by Peter, James and John, weren't they? However that was a prophetic vision, as our Lord says in Matthew 17:9; being the fulfillment of our Lord's words previously in Matthew 16:28:-  'Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.'  Yes, those three disciples had the joy of witnessing the future coming of the Son of man, in His glory.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine