WilliamL

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Jos 4:19  And the people came up out of Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the east border of Jericho.

Your picturing the Day of Atonement in that verse.  This really the official end of the time in the wilderness and the 40 years.

Remember, the 7th month will be the first year in the new reign.  Therefore, this 10th day is symbolic of the Day of Atonement to come.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 10/29/2018 at 7:58 PM, Da Puppers said:

I used to think that the battle lines between the kings of the north and south was over the land of Egypt,  but i now lean more heavily to Syria.

That is my opinion also. Daniel 11:40-45 talks about the invasion proceeding from north to south. Israel is occupied only after the invasion has already begun, verse 41, and then Egypt and North Africa is invaded after that. So it seems that the invasion either begins in Syria, or less likely, in Turkey.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/24/2018 at 10:23 AM, WilliamL said:

I posed this question (in red, below) to the Prophecy Exchange, but they whiffed on it. So now am posting it here.

The 1260 and 1290/1335 Days

Dan. 11:45 And he [the King of the North] shall plant the tents of his pavilion between [the] seas at the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. 12:1 And at that time…there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time…

Matt. 24:15 Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place… 21 …then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time…

The above passages describe the key events that lead to the Great Tribulation. The passages below describe the ensuing time period, that of the persecution against the Israelite peoples. (The Book of Daniel says nothing about the Church, which was a “mystery” yet to be revealed to both Israel and the angels. Rom. 16:25; Col. 1:26; 1 Pet. 1:12)

Dan. 12:6 …How long [shall it be to] the end of these wonders? 7 …[it shall be] for a time, times, and an half [= 3½ times/1260 days]; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these [things] shall be finished. … 11 And from the time [that] the daily/continual shall be taken away, and an abomination of desolation is set up, [there shall be] 1290 days. 12 Blessed [is] he who waits, and comes to the 1335 days.

Dan. 7:25 And he [the Little Horn] shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they [the saints/holy people] shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time [= 3½ times/1260 days].

Rev. 13:5 And there was given unto it [the Beast] a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and authority was given unto him [the Mouth/spokesman] to continue forty [and] two months [= 3½ times/1260 days]. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, … 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

So now to the question: we see above that the period of persecution of Israel shall be for 1260 days, but the period from the beginning of the Great Tribulation, commencing when the Abomination of Desolation is set up, shall be 1290 days until Israel is delivered. Or possibly 1335 days.

1290 – 1260 = 30 days. 1335 – 1260 = 75 days. Is not one of these periods, 30 or 75 days, therefore the length of the Great Tribulation, “immediately after” (Matt. 24:29) which the Lord descends to gather out His elect in the Rapture?

(For a different look at why I believe there will be a “short trib,” see my blog post Forty Days.)

I would like to think so, that GT is short. Two and half months of GT will feel like 2.5 years due to the enormous pressure brought to bear. Just considering physiology of the body we see dehydration occurs rapidly and death can follow from a matter of hours to about a week with NO water. It's generally believed that about two days with no water spells certain demise. In the case of food it is said a body can survive maybe 40 days. That's a long time and has to considered the upper limit of endurance. There are cases reported by Scientific American where hunger strikes have exceeded 40 days,(73 days was the max) the subjects all perished. This has a lot to do with health and fitness and some intake of liquids however, 40 days is probably the max with NO food where most would succumb between 2 to 3 weeks, maybe a month.

This is what is will be like under the 'no buy or sell without the mark' edict, it won't be near starvation, it will be total starvation. Food and water will not be available for those without the mark. Grocery and convenience stores will be off limits as well as utilities. To complicate matters during this time the waters are made bitter, food is scarce as all the green grass is burned up (wheat, oats, barley, rice, all grasses), 1/3 of the fish are dead, and those with the mark, billions, will consume the remaining good food and water. As complicated as that will be it's even more dire as the idols will cause those who refuse to worship the beast to be killed.

The only reason to consider this is, "except those days are shortened no flesh would be saved". If all those refusing to accept the mark, not just believers, are bereft of food and water they will only last between mere hours and 40 days, if any make it longer than the inability to find fresh water would suggest, they will fall to the idol/drones and be killed. It almost seems as though the Lord will have to come and cut the GT short very early or every member of the elect would be dead somewhere around the 40 to 70 day mark.

While I do not know if the 75 days is the period of GT or not, I have never been convinced just how long GT lasts, it certainly seems plausible.

Correct me if I don't understand your thoughts; it seems as though you are saying the 1260 days in Daniel 12 is the first half, and the 30 to 75 period after, 1290 to 1335, is the time of GT. 

Very interesting.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

I would like to think so, that GT is short. Two and half months of GT will feel like 2.5 years due to the enormous pressure brought to bear. Just considering physiology of the body we see dehydration occurs rapidly and death can follow from a matter of hours to about a week with NO water. It's generally believed that about two days with no water spells certain demise. In the case of food it is said a body can survive maybe 40 days. That's a long time and has to considered the upper limit of endurance. There are cases reported by Scientific American where hunger strikes have exceeded 40 days,(73 days was the max) the subjects all perished. This has a lot to do with health and fitness and some intake of liquids however, 40 days is probably the max with NO food where most would succumb between 2 to 3 weeks, maybe a month.

This is what is will be like under the 'no buy or sell without the mark' edict, it won't be near starvation, it will be total starvation. Food and water will not be available for those without the mark. Grocery and convenience stores will be off limits as well as utilities. To complicate matters during this time the waters are made bitter, food is scarce as all the green grass is burned up (wheat, oats, barley, rice, all grasses), 1/3 of the fish are dead, and those with the mark, billions, will consume the remaining good food and water. As complicated as that will be it's even more dire as the idols will cause those who refuse to worship the beast to be killed.

The only reason to consider this is, "except those days are shortened no flesh would be saved". If all those refusing to accept the mark, not just believers, are bereft of food and water they will only last between mere hours and 40 days, if any make it longer than the inability to find fresh water would suggest, they will fall to the idol/drones and be killed. It almost seems as though the Lord will have to come and cut the GT short very early or every member of the elect would be dead somewhere around the 40 to 70 day mark.

While I do not know if the 75 days is the period of GT or not, I have never been convinced just how long GT lasts, it certainly seems plausible.

Correct me if I don't understand your thoughts; it seems as though you are saying the 1260 days in Daniel 12 is the first half, and the 30 to 75 period after, 1290 to 1335, is the time of GT. 

Very interesting.

This is what is will be like under the 'no buy or sell without the mark' edict, it won't be near starvation, it will be total starvation. Food and water will not be available for those without the mark.

Have the companies sit down in rows of fiftys .       JESUS FED FOLKS IN THE WILDERNESS .    GOD fed the people manna.       It will get nasty in the days of great tribulation.

BUT GOD shall provide as we have need .    Many will be killed ,  but whether we live or die , WE THE LORDS .   The beast can keep his mark .  IT goes nowhere near this body .

Better to be killed for Christ .    And the LORD will supply our needs  .  NOT THE GREEDS , but the needs .    You just lift those hands up and praise the Lord .

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 9/24/2018 at 10:23 AM, WilliamL said:

Dan. 11:45 And he [the King of the North] shall plant the tents of his pavilion between [the] seas at the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. 12:1 And at that time…there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time…

William

I see a problem here.  You imposing the King of the North here.  v.40 states; at the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him.  and v.44 - But reports from the east and the north will alarm him.  The He of v. 45 are the (hims) of vs. 40 and 44.

In Christ

Montana Marv

1 minute ago, Montana Marv said:

William

I see a problem here.  You imposing the King of the North here.  v.40 states; at the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him.  and v.44 - But reports from the east and the north will alarm him.  The He of v. 45 are the (hims) of vs. 40 and 44.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I agree it's not the king of the north. It's another king.

12 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

This is what is will be like under the 'no buy or sell without the mark' edict, it won't be near starvation, it will be total starvation. Food and water will not be available for those without the mark.

Have the companies sit down in rows of fiftys .       JESUS FED FOLKS IN THE WILDERNESS .    GOD fed the people manna.       It will get nasty in the days of great tribulation.

BUT GOD shall provide as we have need .    Many will be killed ,  but whether we live or die , WE THE LORDS .   The beast can keep his mark .  IT goes nowhere near this body .

Better to be killed for Christ .    And the LORD will supply our needs  .  NOT THE GREEDS , but the needs .    You just lift those hands up and praise the Lord .

I don't disagree. The discussion centers on the duration of GT, however. It's just an interesting thought experiment.

• Praise God! 1

On 12/9/2018 at 10:22 AM, Diaste said:
On 12/9/2018 at 10:15 AM, Montana Marv said:

William

In Christ

Montana Marv

I agree it's not the king of the north. It's another king.

Daniel 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him [the King of the South] like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, ... 41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, ... etc.

The antecedent to all of the hes and hims is the king of the north. Not other possible antecedent is mentioned. This is the Latter Day human ruler dominated by the same spiritual King of the North that possessed the whole line of Seleucid kings, including Antiochus Ephiphanes [beginning in 11:21], who set up the original abomination of desolation in Jerusalem, 11:31. This same spiritual sar shall be the impetus behind the Latter Day abomination of desolation of 12:11.

The King of the South gets whupped again [11:41-42], "as the former" time, 11:29, 25, so no chance that the hes and hims are him. So to speak.

On 12/9/2018 at 8:03 AM, Diaste said:

Since I wrote the first post, my understanding came to be changed, due to the working out of the literal translation of Daniel 12:11. Explained in my posts of Oct. 16 and 29. Also my latter two blogs on the 1290 and 1260 days.

In short, Daniel 12:11 actually tells us that the 1290 days are the period up to the Abomination of Desolation. The next 45 days, up to 1335, include the Great Trib. The 1260 days then follow after the GT, being the time of the Little Horn and the "wearing out of the [earthly] saints," Dan. 7:25; 12:11. The elect of Christ will be harpazoed "after the [great] tribulation" (Matt. 24:29-310, before the Little Horn does his dirty work.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

6 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Daniel 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him [the King of the South] like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, ... 41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, ... etc.

The antecedent to all of the hes and hims is the king of the north. Not other possible antecedent is mentioned. This is the Latter Day human ruler dominated by the same spiritual King of the North that possessed the whole line of Seleucid kings, including Antiochus Ephiphanes [beginning in 11:21], who set up the original abomination of desolation in Jerusalem, 11:31. This same spiritual sar shall be the impetus behind the Latter Day abomination of desolation of 12:11.

The King of the South gets whupped again [11:41-42], "as the former" time, 11:29, 25, so no chance that the hes and hims are him. So to speak.

William

Have you thought about a King of the West, Europe (A/C and the False Prophet) being the "hims".  For these two are Satan's surrogates.  The kings of the South (Africa, Cush); East (China and the 200,000,000), North (Russia, Turkey and the countries in between and about them) all wanting to engage Satan the new leader of the West.  All ready to fight themselves until Jesus Christ appears above them and the Battle of Armageddon is now engaged.

The royal tents are pitched between the seas (Mediterranean  Sea and Sea of Galilee) at the beautiful holy mountain (Mt Carmel, which overlooks the Valley of Megiddo) where the final Battle is.

Have you wondered why this leader is unable to overcome the leaders of Ammon, Edom, and Moab.  These are some of the areas which those of Israel flee to after the A/D is set up.  Israel is protected from Satan.  Also these countries are tucked out of the way for the armies of the South to come and engage this leader.

In Christ

Montana Marv