Sign in to follow this  
WilliamL

The 1260 and 1290/1335 Days

I'm still studying this a bit but it would seems that those that are BLESSED are at 1335 days.  That is the 15 day into Tishri (month 7).  Blessed is the word often to describe the First fruits.  Makes the rest a bit easier - Atonement would be the end of the 40 days of Great Tribulation.  That means that 1290 is the first day of the sixth month.

10 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Daniel 11:21-32 prophesied the acts of Antiochus IV Epiphanes, Seleucid King of Syria (r. 176 – ca. 164 B.C.), one of Daniel 11ʼs “Kings of the North.” An extensive summary of the relevant history has just gone up on my blog, entitled Antiochus Epiphanes and the End Times, Part 1: The History.

We can see the same sequence of events both in the days of Antiochus and in the days of the End Timesʼ King of the North:

1. Lawlessness and Apostasy: of the Jewish people and priests, beginning in the latter 170s B.C., // and likewise, in the Latter Days of the Church. 1 Macc. 1:11; 2:15ʼs apostasia; etc.; Daniel 8:12-13ʼs and 9:24ʼs pesha; Dan. 11:23 // Dan. 11:41; 2 Thes. 2:3ʼs lawlessness and apostasia; Matt. 24:10, 12; etc.

2. Invasion of Egypt, followed by a furious return to the Holy Land. Dan. 11:29-30 // Dan. 11:42-45

3. An Abomination of Desolation being set up. 1 Macc. 1:54; Dan. 11:31 // Dan. 12:11; Matt. 24:15; 2 Thes. 2:4

4. Persecution of and flight/escape of Godʼs people to the wilderness. 1 Macc. 2:28-29; [Dan. 11:32] // Dan. 12:1; Matt. 24:9, 16; Luke 21:36; Rev. 12:6

The former time of apostasy and lawlessness committed by Godʼs priests and people began in the latter 170s B.C., when –

1 Macc. 1:11 In those days lawless men came forth from Israel and misled many, saying, “Let us go and make a covenant with the Gentiles...” 13 …some of the people eagerly went to the king [Antiochus]. He authorized them to observe the ordinances of the Gentiles. 14 So they…abandoned the holy covenant. Dan. 11:23 And some [of the Jews] binding themselves with him, he act[ed] deceitfully, and r[o]se up and bec[a]me strong with a small nation. 2 Macc. 4:7-9 Jason, the brother of [High Priest] Onias [III], obtained the high priesthood by corruption, [paying a large bribe to Antiochus. :10 Jason then] shifted his countrymen over to the Greek way of life. …14 …the priests were no longer intent upon their service at the altar. 23 After a period of three years…Menelaus… 24 …secured the high priesthood for himself, outbidding Jason… 25 [Being a Benjamite, he] possess[ed] no qualifications for the high priesthood… [32-34 Using gold vessels he stole from the temple, he then bribed Antiochusʼs deputy to have Onias III assassinated, ca. 172/1 B.C.]

This era was prophesied in Dan. 8:12-14, and its “pesha/transgression/lawlessness” was to continue “for 2300 days; then the sanctuary [would] be cleansed.” According to the history of the Books of Maccabees, the ultimate overthrow of the priesthood by Menelaus lasted from the latter 170s B.C. (no precise dates given, but enough information to make a rough estimate) up to the cleansing of the sanctuary by the Maccabees in 165 B.C. Now, 2300 days = about 6.3 years, a seeming fit for the length of that period. The Abomination of desolation by Antiochus did not take place until Dec. 168 B.C., so roughly 3+ years into the 2300 days..

So now to the 1290 days in the End Times, which is 3.53 solar years: we read in Dan. 11:41 that early on, the King of the North “shall enter the Glorious Land, and many shall be enfeebled/overthrown…” Following this, “he shall stretch out his hand against lands, and the land of Egypt shall not escape…also the Libyans and Cushites…” 11:42-43

An undetermined number of months/years later,

Dan. 11:44 …news from the north and the east shall trouble him; therefore he shall go out with great fury… 45 And he shall plant the tents of his pavilion…at the glorious holy mountain… 12:1 And in that time Michael shall stand up [cf. Rev. 12:7]…and there shall be a time of trouble such as never was…

– which is the same wording Jesus used in Matt. 24:21 to describe the Great Tribulation.

So to sum up: if the Latter Day King of the North “takes away” Daniel 12:11ʼs “daily/continual services” when he first “enters the Glorious Holy Land,” through subverting its political and/or religious leaders – “many shall be enfeebled/overthrown” – then the 1290 days would begin at that point, and conclude with the Abomination of Desolation some 3½ years later. The subjection of “lands” – Egypt and Islamic North Africa – could easily take that long, prior to the final crisis. Just as Antiochus was successful in first subverting many of the priests and people, and subsequently succeeded in his original invasion of Egypt, a number of years before he committed his utter desolation/defilement of the Temple in 168 B.C.

This Latter Day scenario seems to me to be a real possibility. Whether or not this is how things will play out remains to be seen. Something else to watch for.

All of these events would then be followed by the final 45 days up to 1335: these 45 days (or part thereof) would be the “short trib.” A short trib fits my understanding for other reasons, which I provide in my blog post Forty Days. The full 1335 days may well end on Pentecost and/or the day before, which two days were the original date of (1st day) Godʼs descent accompanied by earthquake and clouds upon Mount Sinai, and (2nd day) His chosen being called up into His Presence. Being a type and shadow of Christʼs descent and His peoplesʼ ascent.

Therefore, the 1290 days would be both pre-trib and pre-wrath.

The 1260 days “until the end of these wonders,” during which “the hand/power of the holy people [shall be] completely shattered/scattered” (Dan. 12:6-7), does not begin until their flight/escape into the wilderness, which occurs after the Abomination of Desolation. Dan. 12:1; Matt. 24:15-16, 21

Thanks for explaining.   I see things very similar concerning the timing of days.   Day 1290 falling in the latter part of the feast of unleavened bread.   I used to think that the battle lines between the kings of the north and south was over the land of Egypt,  but i now lean more heavily to Syria.  Anyhow,  i see it as a place of Muslim civil war between the Shia and Sunni.   I believe the tables will turn and bring on the great tribulation  when they join forces in a mutual hatred of Israel. 

Blessings

The PuP 

The 1260 is 1260 days until Jesus Returns.

The 1290 is 1290 days until the Second Coming of Jesus.

The 1335 is 1335 days until the Second Coming. 

All three are specific events and a set number of days until all of the wonders cease, via Jesus' return. 

Now that we understand let's tell the story. 

The Two-witnesses show up 1335 days before Jesus returns and 75 days before the Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem to become the Beast, this of course is a Blessing unto Israel. 45 days later at the 1290 the False Prophet sets up an Image unto the European Beast/President, this is a sign for the Repented Jews to Flee Judea, of course they have to have repented or they would not know to flee by reading Matthew 24. Finally 30 days later at the 1260 event the Anti-Christ invades Jerusalem and Conquers them, thus becoming THE BEAST for 42 months. 

All the scriptures line up to say this is true. Malachi 4:5-6 says Israel REPENTS Before the Day of the Lord (First Seal/God's Wrath). In Matt. 24 Jesus tells the Jews to Flee Judea when they see the AoD, so that comes first, then Jerusalem is Conquered. The Two-witnesses die at the 2nd Woe before the Beast dies at the 7th Vial, so they must show up before the Beast comes to power since both hold their offices for 1260 days.

Edited by Revelation Man

Jos 4:19  And the people came up out of Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the east border of Jericho.

Your picturing the Day of Atonement in that verse.  This really the official end of the time in the wilderness and the 40 years.

Remember, the 7th month will be the first year in the new reign.  Therefore, this 10th day is symbolic of the Day of Atonement to come.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:58 PM, Da Puppers said:

I used to think that the battle lines between the kings of the north and south was over the land of Egypt,  but i now lean more heavily to Syria.

That is my opinion also. Daniel 11:40-45 talks about the invasion proceeding from north to south. Israel is occupied only after the invasion has already begun, verse 41, and then Egypt and North Africa is invaded after that. So it seems that the invasion either begins in Syria, or less likely, in Turkey.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:23 AM, WilliamL said:

I posed this question (in red, below) to the Prophecy Exchange, but they whiffed on it. So now am posting it here.

The 1260 and 1290/1335 Days

Dan. 11:45 And he [the King of the North] shall plant the tents of his pavilion between [the] seas at the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. 12:1 And at that time…there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time…

Matt. 24:15 Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place… 21 …then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time…

The above passages describe the key events that lead to the Great Tribulation. The passages below describe the ensuing time period, that of the persecution against the Israelite peoples. (The Book of Daniel says nothing about the Church, which was a “mystery” yet to be revealed to both Israel and the angels. Rom. 16:25; Col. 1:26; 1 Pet. 1:12)

Dan. 12:6 …How long [shall it be to] the end of these wonders? 7 …[it shall be] for a time, times, and an half [= 3½ times/1260 days]; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these [things] shall be finished. … 11 And from the time [that] the daily/continual shall be taken away, and an abomination of desolation is set up, [there shall be] 1290 days. 12 Blessed [is] he who waits, and comes to the 1335 days.

Dan. 7:25 And he [the Little Horn] shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they [the saints/holy people] shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time [= 3½ times/1260 days].

Rev. 13:5 And there was given unto it [the Beast] a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and authority was given unto him [the Mouth/spokesman] to continue forty [and] two months [= 3½ times/1260 days]. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, … 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

So now to the question: we see above that the period of persecution of Israel shall be for 1260 days, but the period from the beginning of the Great Tribulation, commencing when the Abomination of Desolation is set up, shall be 1290 days until Israel is delivered. Or possibly 1335 days.

1290 – 1260 = 30 days. 1335 – 1260 = 75 days. Is not one of these periods, 30 or 75 days, therefore the length of the Great Tribulation, “immediately after” (Matt. 24:29) which the Lord descends to gather out His elect in the Rapture?

(For a different look at why I believe there will be a “short trib,” see my blog post Forty Days.)

I would like to think so, that GT is short. Two and half months of GT will feel like 2.5 years due to the enormous pressure brought to bear. Just considering physiology of the body we see dehydration occurs rapidly and death can follow from a matter of hours to about a week with NO water. It's generally believed that about two days with no water spells certain demise. In the case of food it is said a body can survive maybe 40 days. That's a long time and has to considered the upper limit of endurance. There are cases reported by Scientific American where hunger strikes have exceeded 40 days,(73 days was the max) the subjects all perished. This has a lot to do with health and fitness and some intake of liquids however, 40 days is probably the max with NO food where most would succumb between 2 to 3 weeks, maybe a month.

This is what is will be like under the 'no buy or sell without the mark' edict, it won't be near starvation, it will be total starvation. Food and water will not be available for those without the mark. Grocery and convenience stores will be off limits as well as utilities. To complicate matters during this time the waters are made bitter, food is scarce as all the green grass is burned up (wheat, oats, barley, rice, all grasses), 1/3 of the fish are dead, and those with the mark, billions, will consume the remaining good food and water. As complicated as that will be it's even more dire as the idols will cause those who refuse to worship the beast to be killed.

The only reason to consider this is, "except those days are shortened no flesh would be saved". If all those refusing to accept the mark, not just believers, are bereft of food and water they will only last between mere hours and 40 days, if any make it longer than the inability to find fresh water would suggest, they will fall to the idol/drones and be killed. It almost seems as though the Lord will have to come and cut the GT short very early or every member of the elect would be dead somewhere around the 40 to 70 day mark.

While I do not know if the 75 days is the period of GT or not, I have never been convinced just how long GT lasts, it certainly seems plausible.

Correct me if I don't understand your thoughts; it seems as though you are saying the 1260 days in Daniel 12 is the first half, and the 30 to 75 period after, 1290 to 1335, is the time of GT. 

Very interesting.

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

I would like to think so, that GT is short. Two and half months of GT will feel like 2.5 years due to the enormous pressure brought to bear. Just considering physiology of the body we see dehydration occurs rapidly and death can follow from a matter of hours to about a week with NO water. It's generally believed that about two days with no water spells certain demise. In the case of food it is said a body can survive maybe 40 days. That's a long time and has to considered the upper limit of endurance. There are cases reported by Scientific American where hunger strikes have exceeded 40 days,(73 days was the max) the subjects all perished. This has a lot to do with health and fitness and some intake of liquids however, 40 days is probably the max with NO food where most would succumb between 2 to 3 weeks, maybe a month.

This is what is will be like under the 'no buy or sell without the mark' edict, it won't be near starvation, it will be total starvation. Food and water will not be available for those without the mark. Grocery and convenience stores will be off limits as well as utilities. To complicate matters during this time the waters are made bitter, food is scarce as all the green grass is burned up (wheat, oats, barley, rice, all grasses), 1/3 of the fish are dead, and those with the mark, billions, will consume the remaining good food and water. As complicated as that will be it's even more dire as the idols will cause those who refuse to worship the beast to be killed.

The only reason to consider this is, "except those days are shortened no flesh would be saved". If all those refusing to accept the mark, not just believers, are bereft of food and water they will only last between mere hours and 40 days, if any make it longer than the inability to find fresh water would suggest, they will fall to the idol/drones and be killed. It almost seems as though the Lord will have to come and cut the GT short very early or every member of the elect would be dead somewhere around the 40 to 70 day mark.

While I do not know if the 75 days is the period of GT or not, I have never been convinced just how long GT lasts, it certainly seems plausible.

Correct me if I don't understand your thoughts; it seems as though you are saying the 1260 days in Daniel 12 is the first half, and the 30 to 75 period after, 1290 to 1335, is the time of GT. 

Very interesting.

This is what is will be like under the 'no buy or sell without the mark' edict, it won't be near starvation, it will be total starvation. Food and water will not be available for those without the mark.

Have the companies sit down in rows of fiftys .       JESUS FED FOLKS IN THE WILDERNESS .    GOD fed the people manna.       It will get nasty in the days of great tribulation.

BUT GOD shall provide as we have need .    Many will be killed ,  but whether we live or die , WE THE LORDS .   The beast can keep his mark .  IT goes nowhere near this body .

Better to be killed for Christ .    And the LORD will supply our needs  .  NOT THE GREEDS , but the needs .    You just lift those hands up and praise the Lord .

On 9/24/2018 at 10:23 AM, WilliamL said:

Dan. 11:45 And he [the King of the North] shall plant the tents of his pavilion between [the] seas at the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. 12:1 And at that time…there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time…

William

I see a problem here.  You imposing the King of the North here.  v.40 states; at the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him.  and v.44 - But reports from the east and the north will alarm him.  The He of v. 45 are the (hims) of vs. 40 and 44.

In Christ

Montana Marv

1 minute ago, Montana Marv said:

William

I see a problem here.  You imposing the King of the North here.  v.40 states; at the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him.  and v.44 - But reports from the east and the north will alarm him.  The He of v. 45 are the (hims) of vs. 40 and 44.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I agree it's not the king of the north. It's another king.

12 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

This is what is will be like under the 'no buy or sell without the mark' edict, it won't be near starvation, it will be total starvation. Food and water will not be available for those without the mark.

Have the companies sit down in rows of fiftys .       JESUS FED FOLKS IN THE WILDERNESS .    GOD fed the people manna.       It will get nasty in the days of great tribulation.

BUT GOD shall provide as we have need .    Many will be killed ,  but whether we live or die , WE THE LORDS .   The beast can keep his mark .  IT goes nowhere near this body .

Better to be killed for Christ .    And the LORD will supply our needs  .  NOT THE GREEDS , but the needs .    You just lift those hands up and praise the Lord .

I don't disagree. The discussion centers on the duration of GT, however. It's just an interesting thought experiment.

• Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this