• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

I posed this question (in red, below) to the Prophecy Exchange, but they whiffed on it. So now am posting it here.

The 1260 and 1290/1335 Days

Dan. 11:45 And he [the King of the North] shall plant the tents of his pavilion between [the] seas at the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. 12:1 And at that time…there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time…

Matt. 24:15 Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place… 21 …then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time…

The above passages describe the key events that lead to the Great Tribulation. The passages below describe the ensuing time period, that of the persecution against the Israelite peoples. (The Book of Daniel says nothing about the Church, which was a “mystery” yet to be revealed to both Israel and the angels. Rom. 16:25; Col. 1:26; 1 Pet. 1:12)

Dan. 12:6 …How long [shall it be to] the end of these wonders? 7 …[it shall be] for a time, times, and an half [= 3½ times/1260 days]; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these [things] shall be finished. … 11 And from the time [that] the daily/continual shall be taken away, and an abomination of desolation is set up, [there shall be] 1290 days. 12 Blessed [is] he who waits, and comes to the 1335 days.

Dan. 7:25 And he [the Little Horn] shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they [the saints/holy people] shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time [= 3½ times/1260 days].

Rev. 13:5 And there was given unto it [the Beast] a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and authority was given unto him [the Mouth/spokesman] to continue forty [and] two months [= 3½ times/1260 days]. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, … 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

So now to the question: we see above that the period of persecution of Israel shall be for 1260 days, but the period from the beginning of the Great Tribulation, commencing when the Abomination of Desolation is set up, shall be 1290 days until Israel is delivered. Or possibly 1335 days.

1290 – 1260 = 30 days. 1335 – 1260 = 75 days. Is not one of these periods, 30 or 75 days, therefore the length of the Great Tribulation, “immediately after” (Matt. 24:29) which the Lord descends to gather out His elect in the Rapture?

(For a different look at why I believe there will be a “short trib,” see my blog post Forty Days.)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

This pdf explains how I view the 1260, 1290, and 1335 day chronology.

I agree that the time of great tribulation, as it affects believers, will be short.  I don't see it as 40 days though, more on the order of 110 days.  The reason I go with 110 days is because the remainder of the 1260 days is for cleansing the temple (2300 sacrifices or 1150 days).  I'm willing to clarify things but I'm not going to argue about it.  There are bigger fish to fry.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/25/2018 at 12:23 AM, WilliamL said:

I posed this question (in red, below) to the Prophecy Exchange, but they whiffed on it. So now am posting it here.

Dan. 11:45 And he [the King of the North] shall plant the tents of his pavilion between [the] seas at the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. 12:1 And at that time…there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time…

Matt. 24:15 Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place… 21 …then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time…

The above passages describe the key events that lead to the Great Tribulation. The passages below describe the ensuing time period, that of the persecution against the Israelite peoples. (The Book of Daniel says nothing about the Church, which was a “mystery” yet to be revealed to both Israel and the angels. Rom. 16:25; Col. 1:26; 1 Pet. 1:12)

Dan. 12:6 …How long [shall it be to] the end of these wonders? 7 …[it shall be] for a time, times, and an half [= 3½ times/1260 days]; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these [things] shall be finished. … 11 And from the time [that] the daily/continual shall be taken away, and an abomination of desolation is set up, [there shall be] 1290 days. 12 Blessed [is] he who waits, and comes to the 1335 days.

Dan. 7:25 And he [the Little Horn] shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they [the saints/holy people] shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time [= 3½ times/1260 days].

Rev. 13:5 And there was given unto it [the Beast] a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and authority was given unto him [the Mouth/spokesman] to continue forty [and] two months [= 3½ times/1260 days]. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, … 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

So now to the question: we see above that the period of persecution of Israel shall be for 1260 days, but the period from the beginning of the Great Tribulation, commencing when the Abomination of Desolation is set up, shall be 1290 days until Israel is delivered. Or possibly 1335 days.

1290 – 1260 = 30 days. 1335 – 1260 = 75 days. Is not one of these periods, 30 or 75 days, therefore the length of the Great Tribulation, “immediately after” (Matt. 24:29) which the Lord descends to gather out His elect in the Rapture?

(For a different look at why I believe there will be a “short trib,” see my blog post Forty Days.)

I think the only way to make sense to these dates is to read them symbolically. Many dates in prophecy are symbolic. So I think the 1260 days represents the centuries of suffering for the Jews since AD70 until 1948 when Israel became a nation again. The next 30 days represents a complete month, i.e. a much shorter but complete period, between 1948 to the start of the Great Tribulation. And the last 45 days represent the period of the Great Tribulation, which is a complete month plus an incomplete second month which shows God will cut short those days for the sake of the elect. Since the periods are symbolic, we should not infer that the 45 days will actually be longer than the 30 days. 

On 9/24/2018 at 11:41 AM, Last Daze said:

I agree that the time of great tribulation, as it affects believers, will be short. 

Allright! another short-tribber!

Got to this late in my time online today, so will download it on my laptop, study it out, and get back to you next week.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

17 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Allright! another short-tribber!

Got to this late in my time online today, so will download it on my laptop, study it out, and get back to you next week.

I do see a 40 day period of testing though, like you do, but I see it as something that takes place after the 1260 days, just before the return of Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 9/24/2018 at 9:23 AM, WilliamL said:

Hi williamL....

I submitted this a while back. I don't know if you read it or not, so here it is:

What do these mystic numbers mean? All of these number of days are calculated from the setting up of the Abomination of Desolation at the Midpoint of the 7oth week, at which time the Great Tribulation also begins. These count of days are the God-ordained time limit for the desolation and desecration that the Antichrist will inflict on the Temple and God’s people.

The first ‘number’ is 1260 days, and from Revelation we see that this is equivalent to 42 months and 3 ½ years.

“Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she has a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days (1260 days)”….Rev 12:6

“But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she will be nourished for a time and times and half a time (3 ½ years)…Rev 12:14”

Since two different ways of expressing that period are given, they must be equivalent. We also see the same in Daniel…….where the period of the Antichrists authority is the same.

“They (the saints) will be given into his hand for a time, times and half a time. (3 ½ years)”…Dan 7:25

“There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months (42 months) was given to him”…..Rev 13:5

So the bible shows three ways that this period is designated……1260 days, 3 ½ years, forty two months…..and they are all equivalent to the reign of the Antichrist. This now gives us a fixed point from which we can surmise what all the other mysterious days may involve. (the time from the midpoint of the 70th week to the end of the reign of the Antichrist)

Could Daniels’ days of 1260, 1290, and 1335 be linked to the fulfillment of the Feasts of the Lord?

Christ fulfilled the four spring feasts in HIS FIRST COMING. They are Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits and Pentecost.  Scholars have noted that they were fulfilled precisely and to the day.

So we can say with a certain level of confidence that Christ will fulfill the Fall Feasts at His second coming…….precisely and to the day. They are Feast of Trumpets, Feast of Atonement,  Feast of Tabernacles.

1260 days……Starting at the midpoint, the Antichrist is given authority for 3 ½ years….42 months…time, times and half a time. These are all equivalent to 1260 days. The Antichrists reign ends when Jesus is present upon the earth., which occurs at the end of the 7oth week. There can only be one King of the Earth.

1290 days……

“ From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1290 days”  ……Daniel 12:11

This date ( related to 1290 days ) is 30 days after the physical second coming, which occurs on Yom Kippur, (Day of Atonement), Tishri 10 (day 1260). The biblical date for 1290 days will be the date Cheshvan 10 on the biblical calendar. Now, historically, this is the day that Noah and his family entered the ark. Every Ark in the bible is symbolic of Jesus.

Could the Sheep and  Goat  Judgment be the event foretold by the mysterious 1290 days?......

“ When  the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left……” Math 25:31-33

The unrighteous survivors of the 70th week…..the goats….. are  severely judged and thrown into the lake of fire along with the Antichrist and the False Prophet. Jesus removes all the wicked from the earth. It will be the official last day of the rebellion that started with the setting up of the Abomination of Desolation.

The righteous survivors of the 70th week will take shelter in King Jesus, the Ark. It’s a perfect fulfillment of Cheshvan 10. In the days of Noah, the wicked and righteous were separated when God closed the door of the Ark.

1335 days……

“ How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days…”  Dan 12:12

Hanukkah is the feast that celebrates the rededication of the temple. It was desecrated by the first Abomination of Desolation set up by  Antiochus Epiphanes in the second century BC.

Could the 1335th day be another rededication of the Temple, on Hanukkah, which is rebuilt by Jesus after He returns?....If this is correct then Cheshvan 23 is the day when the polluted stones  (the Abomination )were removed from the Temple in the 2nd century BC.  It is highly likely that the upcoming event in the 21stcentury will mirror this ancient cleansing of the temple.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

My take.

30 day period is the duration of Armageddon. 45 day period is the time for the birds of the air to eat the flesh of men and horses.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Dan 11:45. Holy Mountain, most likely Mt Carmel. Between the Sea of Galilee an the Meddertrainan Sea. Where Eligah fought the prophet's of Baal. Over looking Meggido.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 9/24/2018 at 11:23 AM, WilliamL said:

I have a thread up where I explain this in detail, so I will be brief here. 

The 1290, like the 1260 in verse 6 is a set number of days from the time of a SPOKEN EVENT (AoD = 1290) to the END OF THESE WONDERS as in verse 6 & 7. Likewise the 1335 is also AN EVENT and a set number of days until all these Wonders are ended. (Jesus' Second Coming ends all these wonders).

So everything is reverse engineered from the Second Coming to a referenced point in time via a set number of days. In verse 6 and 7 its the 1260 or Time, times and 1/2 time or the Middle of the Week when the Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem and becomes the Beast. In verse 11 it is 1290 days from the stated EVENT (AoD) until Jesus Returns and the BLESSING is 1335 days until Jesus Returns. 

I have it as this, the Two-witnesses show up 1335 Days before Jesus Returns (of course they are a BLESSING to Israel/Jews) and they get 1/3 of the Jews to Repent just like Malachi 4:5-6 tells us, they come BEFORE the Day of the Lord which starts with the First Seal being opened (at the 1260 it is OPENED).

Then the 1290 (Abomination of Desolation) happens 30 days before the Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem, this is why the Jews can still FLEE JUDEA, but only the Messianic Jews who repented will understand this because they have read Matthew 24 !!  The Beast is not going to let anyone escape once the First Seal is opened and he's released to go forth killing !! Especially Jews.

The 1260 (Time, times and 1/2 time) is the Anti-Christ Conquering Jerusalem. Israel has fled and God will protect her in Petra for 1260 days. 

Edited by Revelation Man

I studied out your article Chronology of the Last Days, and this is my response:

You write, “The first seal was opened after the gospel was preached to all the nations, completing the times of the nations, or gentiles. When it was opened, the evil angel beast was released from the abyss and began implementing the plan that would lead to the man of sin’s rise to become world dictator. … The reason I place it’s opening circa 1900 is that about that time, we saw the emergence of things that today have matured into things of prophetic significance. … When these things have sufficiently matured, the man of sin will be revealed, something that begins in earnest with the second seal.”

The only time Scripture speaks of the sealed Abyss being opened is at the 5th Seal, by an angel who is “given the key.” Rev. 9:1 Whereas the 1st Seal says nothing about either the Abyss or the Beast. So your thesis seems to be established purely upon personal rationalizations.

Likewise, you posit that at “the 4th Seal…the man of sin…declares himself to be God.” And at the 5th Seal, the image of the Beast (Rev. 13:14) is set up. Neither of these things is mentioned at all in Rev. 6, nor anything like them.

Revelation 7's “great multitude” of saints “before the throne,” so large as to be innumerable, is not mentioned at all in your thesis – where do they fit in? You mention no Rapture of the Church at all, and put the Second Coming of the Lord at both the 7th Trumpet and 7th Bowl, which “is completed in one day. The millennial reign of Christ begins and His kingdom fills the earth.” So at best, no Rapture into the clouds of anything more than a fraction of a day.

Your thesis thus requires the Church to remain on earth throughout all of the Seals, Trumpets, and Bowls, and to go through the whole period of the Wrath of God, 1 Thes. 5:9 notwithstanding.

Sorry to say, but because so many of your conclusions lack Scriptural backup, I see no reason to address what you present about the prophetic time periods.