Hello everyone,
I am new here and just wanted to get into a community where God was the topic. The past couple of weeks have been rough and I could use an outlet from the world sort of speak. Bills are behind and the end of the rainbow keeps getting further and further away. I know that prayer fixes all, but it gets uncertain at times. Hope all is well with everyone here.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying for You! 1

Welcome to Worthy positivityn :)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, positivityn2018 said:

Hello everyone,
I am new here and just wanted to get into a community where God was the topic. The past couple of weeks have been rough and I could use an outlet from the world sort of speak. Bills are behind and the end of the rainbow keeps getting further and further away. I know that prayer fixes all, but it gets uncertain at times. Hope all is well with everyone here.

Welcome to Worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for joining us on Worthy, Positivityn.

• Thumbs Up 1

217516815_graffiti-creator-poster-welcome-to-worthy-christian-forums(1).jpg.9adbd145d728caea0aba4b7299871967.jpg positivityn2018:36:

Hi positivityn Welcome to Worthy :) I hope you find what you are looking for 

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to Worthy! 

• Thumbs Up 1

A warm welcome to you!

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Heart2Soul
      So I actually participated with this topic on another forum and loved all the replies.....a good reminder to be thankful in all things.
    • By Lucas Beron
      DAILY BIBLE VERSE AND DEVOTION – PSALM 4:8
      In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. – Psalm 4:8 New International Version (NIV)
      Now, many of us may lie down and sleep thinking of all the circumstances and problems in our lives and whether the following day is going to be different and solutions to them are going to be brought. There might be countless times where you’ve asked yourself why you’re surrounded by a large number of circumstances or whether the huge adversity you’re going through will end at any time. What’s more, you feel like you cannot find a way out of it.
      The other day, I was at university with some mates; classes had already finished and we’d decided to have a get-together, afterwards. So we sat down on the grassy ground and a guy suggested that we could sing something from our church. And we did so and an another guy joined us by playing the guitar. That precise moment let me remember memories of my childhood. One summer morning, at the age of 13, I got up feeling that that day was going to differ from the others. Mom and dad had started arguing again and I was in the middle of the shouting among them. One week had gone by and they had decided to get divorced.
      That was, for me, one of the most horrible and hard moments, and I’d never thought that I was going to be one of the children in the list of “Divorced Parents”. Honestly, I wasn’t able to assimilate what was going on at that very moment. The promises of God, we all regularly repeat like “ God’s in control”, “Trust in him”, “He’s going to get this problem fixed” among others seemed to be gone.
      All of a sudden, the Holy Spirit spoke to me and let me understand that it was possible to get out of the current troubles in our lives. God managed to do so and this is demonstrated on the cross.
      Have you ever imagined whether it could’ve been extremely hard for God to accept that his one and only son was going to be sacrificed? God is a father to all of us, and a father cares about his sons and daughters; he even cries for them.
      Would you dare to let your son or daughter be sacrificed? If you thought of it, I think your answer would be, “No”. When God says he’s on your side and he encourages you to keep going is because he went through the hugest adversity ever, the death of his son who later rose again.
      So, I’m here to encourage you and to say that God loves you, and he’s carrying you through the circumstances so that you don’t get hurt. Do not give up. Remember that circumstances are a excuse for God to bless your life in all aspects. Stay Still!
    • By Gemstone777
      Luke 14:12-14 Then Jesus said to his host,“When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
      I think often times in our society we try to pay people back things for the things that they have done for us.  Sometimes a verbal or written "Thank You" is enough, and a grateful heart. I once was given 2 weeks paid leave to use for sick time at work by one of my dad's friends. I did not have enough time for my medical leave, and you were allowed to transfer your own personal/sick time to others. I was so grateful for his generosity that my dad and I took gift cards over to him to thank him. He was not as happy to receive them as we thought, as he told me I was robbing him of his blessing by giving him his reward down here. He did take them, and was not mad at me, but that has always stood out to me. This verse reminded me that sometimes we just need to say thank you, and praise God for all the many blessings in our life that we can never repay....the biggest one being our salvation/forgiveness of sins!
      Also, for application of God's Word....any ideas as to where to find poor, crippled, lame, and blind random strangers to invite/would want to come to a banquet/dinner?  James 1:22 says...But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.  I'm always challenged to "do" when I hear instructions given in the Bible.  

Genesis 25:17-18 Ishmael lived a hundred and thirty-seven years.  He breathed his last and died, and he was gathered to his people.  His descendants settled in the area from Havilah to Shur, near the eastern border of Egypt, as you go toward Ashur.  And they lived in hostility toward all the tribes related to them.  I knew it was prophesied that Ishmael would live in hostility.  Genesis 16:12 "He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."  I guess it makes sense that the hostility was passed down to his descendants cause children are often products of their environment, but they don't have to be.  You sometimes see people break free from all kinds of family cycles...abuse, alcoholism, poverty, etc.  Deuteronomy 5:9 ...for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity (sins) of the fathers on the children, and on the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me.  My understanding of this is that the sins of the fathers are only poured out on to the subsequent generations that hate God.  Hating God is what gives the punishment, not the fathers sins.  So for example if Ishmael's descendents had broken away from his sinful ways, then they wouldn't have been hostile and suffered the consequences of hating God.  

• Guest Judas Machabeus
      By Guest Judas Machabeus
      It's been a very hard week this week. The burdens of life have been great this week. I spent some time in the back yard with a cup of coffee and my dogs. Last night a friend recommended a daily devotional so I thought I would try it this morning. 
      The Spirit has lifted the heaviness and filled me with joy. Removed the scales of self pity from my eyes so that I can see the blessing I have in my life. 
      Its a beautiful sunny day today and our Church is having its home coming weekend this weekend. Free music, BBQ and fellowship. My parents, and my granddaughter will be there (my daughter and her b/f have gone mudding). It's going to be a great day and I want to thank the Lord for helping me see the blessing I have in my life. 
      For the honour and glory are His, now and forever!