Sign in to follow this  
Omegaman 3.0

Starting a New Series of Paintings I think

My thought is, a lot of old weathered wood and landscape. Ghost-towns, mining operations, old fences, maybe barns and the like, not sure really, but already have three in my head, can see them with my mind's eye.

Did this depiction in a Photoshop-like program yesterday, just to get the composition and proportions how I want them, to match a canvas size that I can buy. I do not have a name for it in mind yet, but picture the foreground in scrub brush, the buildings in old wood, delapidated, the close hill is rocky dirt, and the distant mountains are granite, with some snow, sky is blue, with a few clouds, not sure if white or gray, will determine than later:

341762648_ghostown2panelizedconcept_scr1.jpg.a913bf4950d838265f19f57ce73c0723.jpg

The place is real, more or less, I got the building shapes and the mountains from photographs, just rearrange everything to make a landscape the way I wanted it for a painting. I think it is a ghost town or abandoned mine in central California, but I forget now. Maybe I can find them and put them up here later for comparison.

other_buildingsm.jpg.e0556648f40dfb7aa9a13cb59cf35787.jpg

Well, so much for my attention span, started another one of the painting planned for the series though, here is what I have on that one so far:

no-vacancy.jpg.00b3a4505c01c0658d84bb8194edd922.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this