• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

Hard to believe there is any thing meaningful to the 'earthquakes, famines, pestilence and wars and rumors of wars' in relation to the end of the age if it's all spread out over thousands of years.

None will be left behind so there is no reason to fret.

I guess you just overlook Matthew 25 in your end-time theories: did you just forget that 50% of the virgins were LOCKED OUT? They did not get to attend the wedding.  Then Jesus gave other end time parables that show the same thing.  The truth is, MANY will be left behind and will not be able to attend the marriage.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, iamlamad said:

I guess you just overlook Matthew 25 in your end-time theories: did you just forget that 50% of the virgins were LOCKED OUT? They did not get to attend the wedding.  Then Jesus gave other end time parables that show the same thing.  The truth is, MANY will be left behind and will not be able to attend the marriage.

I believe the following quote is an excellent explanation of the meaning if anyone has the time to read it.

The parable of the ten virgins, five of whom were wise, and five foolish, Mt 25:1-12. The necessity of being constantly prepared to appear before God, Mt 25:13. The parable of the talents, vv. 14-30. The manner in which God shall deal with the righteous and the wicked in the judgment of the great day, vv. 31-46.

Then shall the kingdom of heaven - The state of Jews and professing Christians - the state of the visible Church at the time of the destruction of Jerusalem, and in the day of judgment: for the parable appears to relate to both those periods. And particularly at the time in which Christ shall come to judge the world, it shall appear what kind of reception his Gospel has met with. This parable, or something very like it, is found in the Jewish records: so in a treatise entitled Reshith Chocmah, the beginning of wisdom, we read thus: "Our wise men of blessed memory say, Repent whilst thou hast strength to do it, whilst thy lamp burns, and thy oil is not extinguished; for if thy lamp be gone out, thy oil will profit thee nothing." Our doctors add, in Medrash: "The holy blessed God said to Israel, My sons, repent whilst the gates of repentance stand open; for I receive a gift at present, but when I shall sit in judgment, in the age to come, I will receive none." Another parable, mentioned by Kimchi, on Isa 65:13. "Rabbi Yuchanan, the son of Zachai, spoke a parable concerning a king, who invited his servants, but set them no time to come: the prudent and wary among them adorned themselves and, standing at the door of the king's house, said, Is any thing wanting in the house of the king? (i.e. Is there any work to be done?) But the foolish ones that were among them went away, and working said, When shall the feast be in which there is no labor? Suddenly the king sought out his servants: those who were adorned entered in, and they who were still polluted entered in also. The king was glad when he met the prudent, but he was angry when he met the foolish: he said, Let the prudent sit down and eat - let the others stand and look on." Rabbi Eliezer said, "Turn to God one day before your death." His disciples said, "How can a man know the day of his death?" He answered them, "Therefore you should turn to God to-day, perhaps you may die to-morrow; thus every day will be employed in returning." See Kimchi in Isa 65:13.

Virgins - Denoting the purity of the Christian doctrine and character. In this parable, the bridegroom is generally understood to mean Jesus Christ. The feast, that state of felicity to which he has promised to raise his genuine followers. The wise, or prudent, and foolish virgins, those who truly enjoy, and those who only profess the purity and holiness of his religion. The oil, the grace and salvation of God, or that faith which works by love. The vessel, the heart in which this oil is contained. The lamp, the profession of enjoying the burning and shining light of the Gospel of Christ. Going forth; the whole of their sojourning upon earth.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I believe the following quote is an excellent explanation of the meaning if anyone has the time to read it.

The parable of the ten virgins, five of whom were wise, and five foolish, Mt 25:1-12. The necessity of being constantly prepared to appear before God, Mt 25:13. The parable of the talents, vv. 14-30. The manner in which God shall deal with the righteous and the wicked in the judgment of the great day, vv. 31-46.

Then shall the kingdom of heaven - The state of Jews and professing Christians - the state of the visible Church at the time of the destruction of Jerusalem, and in the day of judgment: for the parable appears to relate to both those periods. And particularly at the time in which Christ shall come to judge the world, it shall appear what kind of reception his Gospel has met with. This parable, or something very like it, is found in the Jewish records: so in a treatise entitled Reshith Chocmah, the beginning of wisdom, we read thus: "Our wise men of blessed memory say, Repent whilst thou hast strength to do it, whilst thy lamp burns, and thy oil is not extinguished; for if thy lamp be gone out, thy oil will profit thee nothing." Our doctors add, in Medrash: "The holy blessed God said to Israel, My sons, repent whilst the gates of repentance stand open; for I receive a gift at present, but when I shall sit in judgment, in the age to come, I will receive none." Another parable, mentioned by Kimchi, on Isa 65:13. "Rabbi Yuchanan, the son of Zachai, spoke a parable concerning a king, who invited his servants, but set them no time to come: the prudent and wary among them adorned themselves and, standing at the door of the king's house, said, Is any thing wanting in the house of the king? (i.e. Is there any work to be done?) But the foolish ones that were among them went away, and working said, When shall the feast be in which there is no labor? Suddenly the king sought out his servants: those who were adorned entered in, and they who were still polluted entered in also. The king was glad when he met the prudent, but he was angry when he met the foolish: he said, Let the prudent sit down and eat - let the others stand and look on." Rabbi Eliezer said, "Turn to God one day before your death." His disciples said, "How can a man know the day of his death?" He answered them, "Therefore you should turn to God to-day, perhaps you may die to-morrow; thus every day will be employed in returning." See Kimchi in Isa 65:13.

Virgins - Denoting the purity of the Christian doctrine and character. In this parable, the bridegroom is generally understood to mean Jesus Christ. The feast, that state of felicity to which he has promised to raise his genuine followers. The wise, or prudent, and foolish virgins, those who truly enjoy, and those who only profess the purity and holiness of his religion. The oil, the grace and salvation of God, or that faith which works by love. The vessel, the heart in which this oil is contained. The lamp, the profession of enjoying the burning and shining light of the Gospel of Christ. Going forth; the whole of their sojourning upon earth.

In Context, the disciples (or a few of them) had asked Jesus about the end of the age. Jesus discourse is therefore about the end of this age. He then started at that time and took us through time to the midpoint of the 70th week and to the abomination (still future to us today) and then on to His coming. The parables are therefore about His return to earth.

The question is, WHICH coming? He is coming first FOR His saints, pretrib, and coming WITH His saints to the battle as shown in Matthew 24 and in Rev. 19. It seems the parable of the virgins must be His NEXT coming which will be very soon, and pretrib.  The church therefore will already BE in heaven as shown in Rev. 19.  The marriage and supper will take place IN HEAVEN before Jesus comes in battle. The marriage therefore is BEFORE this coming to the battle of Armageddon.  This truth destroys posttrib theory because there is no way they could arrive at the marriage.  

Therefore, make no mistake, many will want the door open to allow them entrance, but He will say, "I don't know you."

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, iamlamad said:

No believers will be left behind. None.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, PepperS said:

the AntiChrist

For Trump to be the Antichrist he has to unite Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Judaism under one system. Also, he would need to unite China, Russia, India, Germany and Iran with western values. There is no sign of this. I suggest you look into Maitreya .org to know our enemy better.

1 hour ago, PepperS said:

Getting back to the first post. Do we want Trump coming up with a lasting Peace Plan? Wouldn't this put him in the running for being the AntiChrist?

No. The AC strengthens an existing covenant. It's possible the Trump Plan could be the one that is confirmed by the AC. 

Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

For Trump to be the Antichrist he has to unite Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Judaism under one system. Also, he would need to unite China, Russia, India, Germany and Iran with western values. There is no sign of this. I suggest you look into Maitreya .org to know our enemy better.

Islam. Forced conversions. The stuff of Rev 13. 

Ishmael still hates Isaac.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Ishmael still hates Isaac

I work with an Islamist and he is taught all religions believe in the same god. He is told to accept all religions as being parts of a greater whole. Unity of Islam with other religions has a high probability given the "right" man leads the way. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I believe President Trump's plan for peace will fail , like all the rest of them have.

Unless he's the Antichrist.....

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

I work with an Islamist and he is taught all religions believe in the same god. He is told to accept all religions as being parts of a greater whole. Unity of Islam with other religions has a high probability given the "right" man leads the way. 

He is either not telling you the truth, or he is being taught something to let him work among us until it's time to be forceful...…    a true believer and follower of Mohammad would not say that and mean it....