IGNORED

Salvation by Grace vs. Works

LearningToLetGo

48 minutes ago, Butero said:

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.  James 2:24

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.  James 2:26

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works:  shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well:  the devils also believe, and tremble.  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?  James 2:17-20

I know there are some who attack the book of James because it contradicts their doctrine, but it is part of the Biblical canon.  

Rather, some may attack the interpretation of James made by some. There is a difference.

2 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Rather, some may attack the interpretation of James made by some. There is a difference.

I actually had someone criticize how people were referring to James and Hebrews so much, so I meant what I said.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When ever anyone refers to James as to salvation they have violated Titus 3: 5...

16 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

When ever anyone refers to James as to salvation they have violated Titus 3: 5...

Let's see what it says in Titus 3:5.  Does it say, "Ye shall not refer to James when speaking of salvation?"  No.  It says, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."  I could simply say that anyone that uses this verse to refer to salvation is violating James, but that is pitting scripture against scripture, which is not necessary.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Let's see what it says in Titus 3:5.  Does it say, "Ye shall not refer to James when speaking of salvation?"  No.  It says, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."  I could simply say that anyone that uses this verse to refer to salvation is violating James, but that is pitting scripture against scripture, which is not necessary.  

The process of taking the whole council of God to glean the unity of Scripture is one of necessity! The salvation is not of works... so then if James is not speaking of salvation it then must be witness... that simple. If God is within us then He shall be seen in works without.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The process of taking the whole council of God to glean the unity of Scripture is one of necessity! The salvation is not of works... so then if James is not speaking of salvation it then must be witness... that simple. If God is within us then He shall be seen in works without.

That is one possibility.  Another is that Titus is not speaking of salvation, and we know that because salvation is of works.  That type of logic doesn't work.  

Real salvation will result in good works.  Real faith will cause people to have a change in their lifestyle.  Not all faith is saving faith.  There are many who believe in Jesus that are not saved.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Butero said:

That is one possibility.  Another is that Titus is not speaking of salvation, and we know that because salvation is of works.  That type of logic doesn't work.  

Real salvation will result in good works.  Real faith will cause people to have a change in their lifestyle.  Not all faith is saving faith.  There are many who believe in Jesus that are not saved.  

I guarantee hearers only but not doers ,    have deceived themselves .    Their faith is dead  ,  and it will profit them as much as it does the demons who know GOD is real

Who know Christ paid the price , YET they are not saved .    The demons KNEW WHO HE WAS .  THEY KNEW  .    And faith without works Is dead .

FOR IF JESUS is truly IN ONE ,  they will walk as Did HE by the POWER of that same Spirit .    Hearers but not doers are a dime out of eleven .   ITS that bad now .

That might sound a bit extreme ,  so perhaps a dime a dozen .   But either way we got a massive problem in todays many versions of chrsitanity.

BUTERO its bad .  WE  got a man on another site , even saying ,   THAT JESUS Prayer was just for the jews .  THAT we DO NOT have to forgive as JESUS said we did .

ITS gettingbad now .  and it will get only worse .     WELL dig in deep and let all contend for the true faith .   AND the wholesome words of JESUS are for all generations .

He who hears my sayings and does them not ,     WHERE WE THINK james got that .  DONT BE HEARERS ONLY ,   DEEEEEEEEEECIEVING who ,  YOUR OWN SELVES .

10 hours ago, Butero said:

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.  James 2:24

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.  James 2:26

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works:  shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well:  the devils also believe, and tremble.  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?  James 2:17-20

I know there are some who attack the book of James because it contradicts their doctrine, but it is part of the Biblical canon.  

The terrifying thing is ,  many will say we are trying to earn our salvation .     WAS JAMES TRYING TO EARN HIS .     NOPE , and neither  are we . WE SIMPLY WARNING BY REMINDER .

11 minutes ago, Butero said:

To everyone .  do we want a good example of this .   THE POPE himself believes in JESUS ,  so does rick warren , so does olstein , so does emergent church .

BUT they TWIST HIS SAYINGS , they deny HIM .   so their faith IS DEAD .  ITS DEAD .   ITS DEAD and will profit them nothing .  

We got to stand now as one ,  and understand .  THAT not one apostel contradicted anothers teaching .  not paul , not titus , not peter , not james , not jude ,

not john .   And everyone of them , their letters are in perfect unity OF THE SPIRIT .   if we see contradictions , then we aint learned IT RIGHT .   

I see perfect union and unity in the doctrines paul taught about only faith saves , and WHAT JAMES was saying . ITS PERFECT UNITY by the SAME perfect SPIRIT .

they were not contradicting each other , and what paul said was good for the jew as well as gentile and what james said was good for the jew as well as gentile .

FOR THEY WERE PREACHING JESUS .  JAMES did not preach the law ,  and paul did not teach a false grace either .  What is good for one group was good for both groups .

THE letters them apostels wrote the church , SANG OF PERFECT UNITY IN AND WITH CHRIST .   Let no man say otherwise .    I said let no man , not woman

no animal or angel say otherwise .   ITS FOR US ALL .    EVERY LAST WORD OF IT . 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

I was not expecting the post to come out in this way suggesting faith plus works...

I understand the scriptures you have posted and understand that we are justified by faith without works. Amen 

You are correct , its not faith PLUS WORKS ,     its let me show you MY FAITH BY MY WORKS .    FOR IT IS HE IN US WORKING that which is well PLEASING IN HIS SIGHT .

Not faith PLUS .   ITS SIMPLY JESUS at work in us .    But if we have not works and are hearers only ,   SHOO WEE , we DECIEVED .

example .   Rick warren claims faith n JESUS , SO does the pope ,  so does Kenneth copleland, so does emergent .    But all I see is CONTRADICTION TO JESUS In them all .

They are not hearers and doers .    They do the will of the lust of the flesh and twist what JESUS , james or others said unto their own destruction .