• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

18 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

PS.   mysticism has been around since even the birth of the true church .    they had gnostics and such too.   

Satan always finds a way in .     He will disguise himself as LIGHT .     Yall FLEE THIS fast .  I beg , no I plead , no I beg and I plead .   get away from it .

Its tied into feeling , emotionalism .      Let us not be like lotts wife and even look back.  FLEE It sister .  I would not warn out against it , just to warn out .

I really do not see where anyone is talking about mysticism

do you know what the word being used in the Bible for meditate means?

it does not mean spacing out and letting your eyes roll into the back of your head nor does it mean listening to voices in the ethernet

however it seems that might be how you picture it.  does not mean people are doing what you ascribe to them

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, ayin jade said:

Not every church is right. Not every church is sound. Be berean and choose wisely. 

How can we escape denominational prejudice? God is not partial.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Reading through the thread I believe this is addition to help:
We were began in 'The Infinite of God' and according to His Word it pleased Him to do so as He did! However sin is rebellion against God and was born in a creature of begin... when simplified in this way it looks silly for any with begin to follow such; for the debt is with  Him Who has not began but is of the forever without boundary... where do you find an apple certainly not on a pear tree, just a little poke at one of my sisters :); point being you do not find everlasting in that which passes away hence flesh verses Spirit... In all areas of life one can pretty quickly discern what is being elevated either by Word or action... if it is of this creation and things within it God ask this

2 Peter 3:9-14

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
KJV

satan will always draw you back in the element he has control over- this world and the system he has influenced in it for about 6-7 thousand years... it would be flesh to give oneself to that which God is not keeping expecting eternal in this and these are seen here

Matt 7:21-24

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
KJV

We who are born of God are so s/Spiritually with our outer casement still tied and embedded to the iniquity of that which is cursed by God (this world and the flesh tied to it)… so the war against us is quite immense -yet- our Lord, Who 'IS' our victory, cannot fit into immense :) [see how focus and on what carries weight?] If we are giving weight to that which we began in then walla~ if giving weight to that which 'IS' not of begin and this only by faith for who can with begin fathom He Who has not began?

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

setting our affections upon faith in that which is promised and not on the things that pass away! This is the incisive element to quickly determine a thing where does it lead me initially and why... now placing focus to OP: Why is the flailing of arms being done? Where is the attention being directed? Why? This is how the s/Spiritual matters are to be examined in obedience to this

1 John 4:1

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

I havent mentioned mysticism at all. I have put up thread a post with the definitions I am using about Godly Scriptural contemplation and meditation. I dont know why mysticism has been mentioned and I do not support mysticism.

Just stating my truth clearly, in case anyone is confused.

no you have not and I find the 'warnings' are insistent on what someone understands rather than what you have expressed

sometimes communication is difficult for whatever reason (s) but you did say 'let's move on please' and that should be respected ?

Guest shiloh357
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:50 PM, maryjayne said:

True  practice of contemplative prayer is a richly rewarding experience.

It's a pagan practice and no Christian should touch it with a 10 foot pole.  It has its roots in Buddhism.

Not Prayer But Mystical Meditation

Contemplative Prayer is not Biblical prayer at all, rather it is a type of mystical meditation leading the mind into an altered state of consciousness.  It goes beyond thought, providing an experiential union with so-called God or with nature producing body sensations, feelings, images, and reflections.

It is based on “experiences” rather than sound doctrine. “… give attendance… to doctrine.”  1 Timothy 4:13.  Faith is to be based on God’s word rather than experiences.  “So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”  Romans 10:17, “For we walk by faith, not by sight:” 2 Corinthians 5:7.

Contemplative Prayer is also known as centering prayer, listening prayer, breath prayer, and prayer of the heart.  It is just one of many mystical practices taught within a confusing, mixed-up movement called Contemplative Spirituality.

Mystical practices are now widely embraced and taught in secular and professed Christian seminaries, colleges, universities, organizations, ministries and seminars, etc. throughout the United States.  Academic promoters have introduced these practices into the fields of medicine, business and law while countless secular and Christian books, magazines, seminars, and retreats are teaching lay people how to incorporate them into their daily lives.  Promoters promise physical, mental and spiritual benefits desiring to bring about positive social change.

One promoter of mystical practices, the “Center for Contemplative Mind in Society”, states: They “can play a part in the positive transformation of governments, businesses, and organizations. We are dedicated to the idea that contemplative awareness, when incorporated into contemporary life, can help produce a more just, compassionate, and reflective society.” 6

Contemplative Prayer is Practiced Far and Wide

While Western religions falsely label Contemplative Prayer as “Christian” and “prayer”, Eastern Pagan religions such Buddhism, Hinduism, Sufi Muslims have long practiced mystical meditation. A variety of occult and New Age devotees also practice mystical meditation styles consistent with Contemplative Prayer.

Since this method of meditation is mystical in nature, it is important that you know the definition of “mysticism”.  An on-line Occult Encyclopedia defines it as: 

“A belief in or the pursuit in the unification with the One or some other principle; the immediate consciousness of God; or the direct experience of religious truth. Mysticism is nearly universal and unites most religions in the quest for divinity.”

It goes on to state, "Mysticism from the East or from Western traditions relies on techniques such as:

-repetitive prayers,

-repeating over and over a word or phrase (mantras, which maybe names of deity),

-contemplations of icons or images real or imagined,

-also involved are methods of emptying the mind,

-extreme asceticism and

-in some cultures the use of hallucinogenic drugs.”

“Through these and other methods the mind goes blank or passive and one enters an altered state of consciousness. Buddhists call this state Nirvana or Satori... New Age people call it at-one-ness, etc..., Christian mystics perceive they have experienced some kind of ecstatic union with God." 8

“In mysticism, the altered state of consciousness may be total or partial. When partial, the state of consciousness is usually only a feeling. Most generally this feeling is one of unity with God, or the universe, or of enlightenment.” “The experience of being united with God or nature is called a mystical experience.” 9

Philosopher W. T. Stace, “discovered seven common themes of mysticism when studying Roman Catholic, Protestant, ancient classical, Hindu, and American agnostic mystical experiences. They were (1) a unifying vision and perception of the One by the senses and through many objects; (2) the apprehension of the One as an inner life; (3) and objective and true sense of reality; (4) feelings of satisfaction, joy, and bliss; (5) a religious element that is a feeling of the holy and sacred; (6) a paradoxical feeling; (7) and inexpressible feelings.” 10

Read more at:

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/contemplative-narloch.htm

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It's a pagan practice and no Christian should touch it with a 10 foot pole.  It has its roots in Buddhism.

Not Prayer But Mystical Meditation

Contemplative Prayer is not Biblical prayer at all, rather it is a type of mystical meditation leading the mind into an altered state of consciousness.  It goes beyond thought, providing an experiential union with so-called God or with nature producing body sensations, feelings, images, and reflections.

It is based on “experiences” rather than sound doctrine. “… give attendance… to doctrine.”  1 Timothy 4:13.  Faith is to be based on God’s word rather than experiences.  “So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”  Romans 10:17, “For we walk by faith, not by sight:” 2 Corinthians 5:7.

Contemplative Prayer is also known as centering prayer, listening prayer, breath prayer, and prayer of the heart.  It is just one of many mystical practices taught within a confusing, mixed-up movement called Contemplative Spirituality.

Mystical practices are now widely embraced and taught in secular and professed Christian seminaries, colleges, universities, organizations, ministries and seminars, etc. throughout the United States.  Academic promoters have introduced these practices into the fields of medicine, business and law while countless secular and Christian books, magazines, seminars, and retreats are teaching lay people how to incorporate them into their daily lives.  Promoters promise physical, mental and spiritual benefits desiring to bring about positive social change.

One promoter of mystical practices, the “Center for Contemplative Mind in Society”, states: They “can play a part in the positive transformation of governments, businesses, and organizations. We are dedicated to the idea that contemplative awareness, when incorporated into contemporary life, can help produce a more just, compassionate, and reflective society.” 6

Contemplative Prayer is Practiced Far and Wide

While Western religions falsely label Contemplative Prayer as “Christian” and “prayer”, Eastern Pagan religions such Buddhism, Hinduism, Sufi Muslims have long practiced mystical meditation. A variety of occult and New Age devotees also practice mystical meditation styles consistent with Contemplative Prayer.

Since this method of meditation is mystical in nature, it is important that you know the definition of “mysticism”.  An on-line Occult Encyclopedia defines it as: 

“A belief in or the pursuit in the unification with the One or some other principle; the immediate consciousness of God; or the direct experience of religious truth. Mysticism is nearly universal and unites most religions in the quest for divinity.”

It goes on to state, "Mysticism from the East or from Western traditions relies on techniques such as:

-repetitive prayers,

-repeating over and over a word or phrase (mantras, which maybe names of deity),

-contemplations of icons or images real or imagined,

-also involved are methods of emptying the mind,

-extreme asceticism and

-in some cultures the use of hallucinogenic drugs.”

“Through these and other methods the mind goes blank or passive and one enters an altered state of consciousness. Buddhists call this state Nirvana or Satori... New Age people call it at-one-ness, etc..., Christian mystics perceive they have experienced some kind of ecstatic union with God." 8

“In mysticism, the altered state of consciousness may be total or partial. When partial, the state of consciousness is usually only a feeling. Most generally this feeling is one of unity with God, or the universe, or of enlightenment.” “The experience of being united with God or nature is called a mystical experience.” 9

Philosopher W. T. Stace, “discovered seven common themes of mysticism when studying Roman Catholic, Protestant, ancient classical, Hindu, and American agnostic mystical experiences. They were (1) a unifying vision and perception of the One by the senses and through many objects; (2) the apprehension of the One as an inner life; (3) and objective and true sense of reality; (4) feelings of satisfaction, joy, and bliss; (5) a religious element that is a feeling of the holy and sacred; (6) a paradoxical feeling; (7) and inexpressible feelings.” 10

Read more at:

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/contemplative-narloch.htm

THE POPE would not approve of you Shiloh .      But we don't heed him anyway . 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I refuse to engage with you all on this now.

Great idea, maryjane. By the way, Do you think the church is on the path, or completely off the path? 
What do you think is the State of the Church today?  Can you remember the OP, that
Archangel Thyos ask?

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,290
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 9/28/2018 at 6:35 AM, maryjayne said:

Psalms  119 v 15 I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.

Psalms 119 v 27 Make me understand the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your wondrous works.

Psalms 143 v 5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all that you have done; I ponder the work of your hands. 

Psalms 1 v 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. 

not further revelation beyond scripture, but giving time and space to ponder on the words of God, as revealed in the Bible.

There are many different ideas of contemplation, and to dismiss all contemplation due to the erroneous ways of some is not right. There are some very bad prayers and prayer warriors out there, but we dont have a blanket dismissal of prayer due to the failings of some. 

Just want to repost what Maryjayne is meaning about meditational type prayer.   As the above Scriptures state there is nothing wrong with meditative type prayer as long as it is Biblical meditation.  She isn't talking about new age meditation.   Meditating on the Scriptures will help it become more a part of our beings, rather than it just being head knowledge.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, Archangel Thyos said:

Do you think the church is on the path, or completely off the path? I mean, I see people flapping their arms and going into convulsions in some services, but... they're still on the path... right?

Hi.

My perspective (not necessarily on the flapping convulsions) is the Church as a whole is off path (but in God's will).

I hold that darkness is the absence of light and that God is withdrawing Himself from the world and the Church.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

10 hours ago, naominash said:

The visible church? I can't say were doing what were supposed to.

But true believers in the true Church are climbing and climbing to greater service and righteousness in Christ. So I'm not worried. God will accomplish what He wants, regardless of the quantity of true believers within the visible church.

Amen!

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom."

Edited by listener24