• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Let me start with a story.

I am a building manager. Many contractor working under me. Today our cleaner came to me saying he put the hover inside the lift but left the cable outside. Somebody called the lift and of course..it snapped the cable.

When he came to me I could see the dispair on his face. He is a very nice foreign guy (from Columbia) working under me more then a year. After he told me what happened I said: no worries I will talk to your boss. So I called him and said a completely different story. I told him it was my fault. The cleaner put the hover in the lift while I was inside and didn't see that some of the cable is still outside. When I went down the lift snapped the cable. I also told him I would pay for any extra cost to repair the hover. Of course he refused it as they are just a contractors of our company and said it's all good. We are going to replace the hover.

To be honest....I feel like I did the right thing and I am not feeling guilty at all. If they come back with a bill I would pay for it. If the cleaner was an evil man I wouldn't get involved in this situation. But he is an adorable person. 

I wonder....would you lie or did you lie in a certain situation where you thought is the right thing to do?

Edited by Zoltan777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

No I would not have told that tale. It is going to come back and bite you later. Lies almost always do.

The balance in the relationship of an employee and his employer has been changed. Every employee of all  the contractors will soon know that you covered for one of them. They will expect it from you too. Plus they will soon know it is okay to lie just as you did.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No I would not have told that tale. It is going to come back and bite you later. Lies almost always do.

The balance in the relationship of an employee and his employer has been changed. Every employee of all  the contractors will soon know that you covered for one of them. They will expect it from you too. Plus they will soon know it is okay to lie just as you did.

My question was not to judge my situation but would you lie or did you lie in certain circumstances?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

44 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

My question was not to judge my situation but would you lie or did you lie in certain circumstances?

No.

Do not bear false witness means, do not bear false witness. 

Edited by Follower Of Jesus
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

No

Let's play a game.

You live somewhere in Europe around the world war 2. Managed to hide some Jews in your home. One day the nacis knock own your door asking  DO YOU HIDE ANY JEWS IN YOUR HOUSE?

What would you say?

Also, let say your a jews back then and you are hiding in my house. If the nacis come knocking on my door with the same question I would say no. After they have left what would you say to me?

Edited by Zoltan777

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Here's my thoughts...

I'd be a Liar if I said I never lied in the past, present or future. There's no such thing as a 'little white lie', a lie is a lie. I believe the secular saying I heard growing up, "honesty is the best policy" still rings true today. Not even to mention...

Revelation 21:8 (KJV) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. [Emphasis mine]

I now think carefully before I speak. Life is so much better not having to worry about keeping track of lies to cover them with more lies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

Let's play a game.

You live somewhere in Europe around the world war 2. Managed to hide some Jews in your home. One day the nacis knock own your door asking  DO YOU HIDE ANY JEWS IN YOUR HOUSE?

What would you say?

Do you mean after BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG (sound of reloading and charging the chamber) BANG, BANG, BANG, what would I say? Lord I commend my soul unto Thine hands dear Jesus. 

• This is Worthy 3

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Do you mean after BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG (sound of reloading and charging the chamber) BANG, BANG, BANG, what would I say? Lord I commend my soul unto Thine hands dear Jesus. 

I lived in a country which was under the naci invasion where my grandad and my whole family was sentenced because he helped the Jews. So let's not make joke of of it please

Edited by Zoltan777
  • This is Worthy 1

21 minutes ago, Zoltan777 said:

I lived in a country which was under the naci invasion where my grandad and my whole family was sentenced because he helped the Jews. So let's not make joke of of it please

Joking, who's joking? I've never been one to cower down and voluntarily submit to tyranny when I can fight to my last breath. Given the opportunity, I'd like to think that I would also do what I could to shelter / protect God's chosen people if it was in His will. Force only respects one other thing, force. So no, I don't joke about serious matters of morals or freedom. 

Beside the above; you asked to play a game, a game is played for entertainment and fun isn't it?

Edited by Dennis1209
  • This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Joking, who's joking? I've never been one to cower down and voluntarily submit to tyranny when I can fight to my last breath. Given the opportunity, I'd like to think that I would also do what I could to shelter / protect God's chosen people if it was in His will. Force only respects one other thing, force. So no, I don't joke about serious matters of morals or freedom. 

Ok. Sorry. Your post seemed to me that you are jokinh. The qestion still remains....would you lie or did you lie in a certain situation?

• Thumbs Up 1